PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Greek pitta, ratatouille and HM lamb doner
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Ate out yesterday with my family, it was very nice.

Tonight is something that I left out of the freezer when I was looking for something and it was too thawed to put back in by the time I noticed it.
    It is lamb mince and aubergine so we're turning it into a shepherd's pie.
  • AstroTurtle
    Options
    Paprika flavoured chicken, With basmati rice with Thyme & Peas.

Surprisngly nice together and equally nice the next day for work!
    Save £12k in 2019 -
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Brrrr it's cold this morning!

I've made a curry for tonight's dinner, using the last of our home grown butternut squash, Aldi Super 6 chestnut mushrooms, a tin of pineapple chunks, a tin of bamboo shoots, lots of spices and a large pack of prawns. It smells lovely, and it's made a good six portions (maybe more).
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    I have my retinopathy screening this morning, so have chosen something easy to prepare for lunch - cawl from the freezer and a bread roll.

My eyes will have returned to normal by tonight, when we'll have chicken (from the freezer) stir fry with loads of veg - carrots, beansprouts, peppers, onion, spinach, spring onion and noodles. Maybe some prawn crackers and sweet chilli dip as well.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,520 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 22 February 2018 at 10:43AM
    Options
    Hatful Hope alls okay x

I bought some very YS Swedish meatballs yesterday, so we are having those and chips tonight, will have to be cranberry not lingonberry, might even make the Creme sauce too :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Free-range (M&S YS) chicken legs (as yet uncooked) with home-made wedges and baked beans.

I have a big pan of sausage & bean casserole to portion out and put in the freezer.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just back from house hunting where DD1 lives, possibly successfully? who knows but I hope!!!

Called in to the nicest Farm Shop I know of before we set off for home and got some pasties, Steak for He Who Knows and Spinach and Ricotta for me which we'll have for supper this evening with some steamed veg from the freezer.
  • foxyloxy11
    Options
    Sausages, mash, swede and carrot, leeks and broccoli

Then made flapjack and a crustless quiche for tea tomorrow
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hope all went ok today Hatful
    Mrs LW fingers crossed on the house hunting.

No cooking for me tonight....out with OH to watch the football (which was pish) but as it was an early KO we ate at the pub. He had Cujan pasta with garlic bread and I had a jacket spud with cheese and beans.

Teriyaki stir fry tomorrow (just got the noodles out of the freezer stash so they're in the fridge slowly defrosting ATM)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport