PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1) a facebook group I belong to, the Hygge Nook, celebrates 1 year today. I treated myself to a cinnamon danish to celebrate in hygge style
    2) coffee with a friend - we have planned a workshop for end of November. it'll be based on the one i did in sri lanka but i'd like to develop a 'Getting Started with rubrics' to hand out.
    3) hm salad (shhh don't tell bop it was totally veggie) and flask of tea in the library
    4) mr piano picked me up after work and we went to mr t. we bought among other things bananas. i have now drawn minions on them :-) http://tj-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/b6/e5/b6e5b78c4d63cbd725df9cb7f048d0bc.jpg
    5) now at home refusing again to succumb to putting the heating on. onesie, dressing gown and 30 minutes on the exercise bike has done the trick.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DD I’ve found Ticket to Ride Nordic edition should suit 2/3 of us, and there’s always the wii, I am hopeless at games, but have good fun.

1 A very busy day which flew by
    2 Straight out to pick up some freegle stainless steel cutlery, that dh will use to experiment in making sculpture.
    3 Had to put fuel in and rather than go to Lidl I popped into Mr T and it was forthcoming with reductions 5 packs of finest sausages and 6 packed of proper unsmoked bacon all at 38p each (BOP would approve), DH also picked up some cookies which we froze.
    4 Small dinner of chicken and salad with the fresh baguette.
    5 Picked up my repeat prescription.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,157 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Wednesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Dropped bigger son off at college.

3) Went for a cup of tea in a caf! on a barge! Will take sons there in half term.

4) Went for a walk.

5) Cooked courgette carbonara for tea.

6) Did the first part of crab apple jelly making.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Morning,

Going backwards, as I have missed a few days......

1. BFI freebie to see Breathe. Went with my freebie hunter friend. We liked the film, and even better, got given free sweeties and water bottle as we went into the theatre!

2. Sloppy joes in the slow cooker. Everyone ate it!

3. DS2 Parents eve. He has made a good start in 6th form. Always good reports. :)

4. DS2 has discovered a 1970's playlist on Spotify, so we disco dance at traffic lights on the way to school. :rotfl:

5. Finally got management to listen to some of my worries about work that needs to be done, which is not being done cos I have changed jobs. Now being given cover for a week to do the work. :mad:

There were more, I am certain. :)

Have a lovely day. :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. I have calmed down since leaving work. I was fuming all afternoon. I was told I had to cover a clinic as it was running late due to others working too slow. It happens frequently on a Wednesday.

2. Finished my book on the way home in the bus.

3. DS1 phoned and we are seeing him on Sunday. His back seems to have recovered at the moment.

4. Long chat with a friend. He is DH friend originally so I only really have a long chat when DH is out when he rings.

5. Diet is going ok. I slept better last night. Not sure if diet, back improving or whst.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today, to be looked for today especially .

Work : fine, busy, took longer to do everything as I had new person with me ...she's not the quickest!

She had invited me to her house for cake.'do you like cake, I forgot to ask?' she said....do I like cake? She had made a cherry cheesecake. It was lovely . Did I want more ? Ended up coming home with 3 big slices. They are German but have been here for many years but it was just like walking into a German home when I went in ( stayed in a few many years ago on school exchanges)

Made they monumental decision to get a cleaner in to do end of lease clean and what a relief! Just could not see me getting everything done in time once kids move out. Big sigh of relief and now I can enjoy my last few days without worrying about what's still to be done!

DD2 had physio at hospital, I had a nano nap in waiting room whilst she was there. Off & back on train within 2 hours so no charge for return journey.

Snoozed on sofa with a dog stretched over me.

Had leftover macaroni for late lunch ( having had cheesecake for breakfast) so don't need tea.

Nice dog walk with a nice dog.

Have a good day
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great idea re cleaner Mhags, money wisely spent for peace of mind.
    Don't tell BOP DD but we eat veggie at least twice a week :D

Wednesday pleasures,

Cold no worse!

Second opinion of lovely friend on Lulu's misbehaviour in school, she believes a lot is down to anxiety so we are taking a couple of steps back to prevent future problems, she's still such a baby at only 5 years old.

Scrapped skin off knuckle and riding boots rubbed after having them years, pleasure of savlon and plaster on both when I got home.

Spinach and goats cheese slice for supper.

Caught up on all things Dr Foster :eek:
  • LaineyT wrote: »
    Don't tell BOP DD but we eat veggie at least twice a week :D
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    3) hm salad (shhh don't tell bop it was totally veggie) and flask of tea in the library
    I'lls splat you all now with my cherry tomato salad, strawbs and berries! DD and others! Salad greens, without beans, proper foods not carp.
    5 I is often asked abouts why I do not like Social Workers, Educationalists, Humane Remains, and Softies. No yous see BoP designs FADECs for kites and has bin a kite monkey for thirty eight years, an aircraft electrician to you lot. But I was told some time ago by a social worker that I should fit socket covers into my mk sockets, as they were dangerous! Not that BS1363 Fused Plugs and Shuttered Socket Outlets is the safest in the world, where shutters block access to the live and neutral pins, but no she knew more than me as she was a social worker. In other words, she was a know all! Or a person that abuses her kind of authority because she unquestionably is correct!

Please remove these immediately as there cause risks, as the shutters are over ridden on insertion of these stupid devices.
    I did not fit them and she was not happy. So there! Please check out the link! http://www.fatallyflawed.org.uk/

4 While I am on having a go, I can also has a pop at the educationalists. Well done, allegedly it is World Teacher Day to day and I checked up my Rubrics score on Grammer! I get top marks! So stiff that inn yer jumper!

3 On about jumpers, please remember to get your woollens sore ted to keep warm. This very morning in BoP Palace, the outside air temperature had dipped to 7C, the lowest this year so far and as yous all know, the heating again roared into live and made sure that BoPsie had her curled toes nice and warm! Raffles has adopted his winter perch on the kitchen stool!

2 Nite BoP will again be doing proper foods and tossing off as he does pancakes, topped with berries and strawbs. Topped with fresh squeezed lemon and cocoa! You knows yous has to try it as well. Usual batter, 1 medium egg (not veggie DD!) 3oz plain flour and 5 fl oz milk. Flipping will be done!
    PM2DD I thinks Engerland should get enough tonight to qualify! Poor old Banksie passed on yesterday and the Team of ’66 is thinning now! Actually still in two minds about this as I think it will be a disgrace for football.

And that ends your daily BoPshere news!
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    an aircraft electrician to you lot.

Did not realise you were a fan of dogs! ;)
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1 Applied for a lovely looking role so hoping who knows, work was very busy but that’s alright except not even enough time to have a cuppa isn’t on.
    2 Proper cooking, batched some mince into a couple of lasagnes and a spag bol, I’ve also done the first part of the rosehip jelly now to leave it all straining overnight.
    3 Dinner will be lasagne and salad.
    4 Paid which is always a pleasure.
    5 Just sat down to the first hot drink.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family