Lowcostholidays collapses – your rights as 140,000 hit by travel chaos

Options

Comments

• shaggymcfc73
    Options
    Just an update on my claim I was promised a refund over the phone and now Barclays are denying all knowledge of the call ever taking place and that nothing has been awarded to me!!!
    I submitted the claim on the 18-7-16 and Barclays are now really stringing me along asking for all kinds of info that they already have I believe it to be a stalling tactic by them also costing me a lot of money in sending the info recorded delivery!!

has anyone else been promised a refund only to be told they know nothing about it??

Really how can some banks pay and some treat their customers with such lack of repect!!

Well i've just got off the phone with Barclays and its looking like im going to be refunded the total of £2245 for hotel and transfers in the next 2 weeks. They said that the case has been investigated and its been awarded in my favour. I started the claim on the 18th july so there's hope for everyone still in limbo.
    I paid on a debit card in March and thought I'd lost the lot!!
    Hopefully it will be in my account before we go on Monday as we have to pay for the hotel again which was going to be paid on a credit card!!
    All I need now is HSBC to pay out the other £1000 on another debit card I used to pay for the holiday.
    Hope everyone gets sorted and paid out, and if I ever meet that paul evans itll be a day to remember #hospitalfoodforlife
  • Angie_Read
    Options
    Hi. Yes, I got this too. I was a little concerned because although I've had my refund in full from Nationwide - my "45 day wait" to see whether I'm allowed to keep the money won't be up until 21st October.
    With the administrators meeting now scheduled for 29th September and all creditors advised that "if we have received a refund from our bank or credit card company we are no longer deemed to be a creditor" I was a little worried. Should I notify them I've received a full refund or not???? Although I've got my money back - will I be able to keep it??? Who knows..... until 21st October gets here!! Natalie has very kindly replied and suggested that I remain as a creditor until after the 22nd October - just to be on the safe side.
    I've gone out on a limb and reserved a like for like booking but on slightly different dates and reserved it with a deposit. The final balance on the new holiday is due on 27th October so it looks like hopefully I'll scrape through just in time. Like many others on here - I need to know this money back is definitely MINE before I pay out in full again. Fingers crossed all goes well but at least I've booked directly with British Airways this time so lesson learnt.
    Having said that, I had travelled with Lowcost twice before in the fairly distant past but had no idea they'd run off to Spain and were no longer ATOL protected. I just assumed they still were and I'm pretty damned sure I saw something about ATOL on their homepage as others on Lowcost Facebook have said they did too.
    On top of all this I had actually paid extra on my insurance policy specifically for Insolvency cover but no surprise........... I could only claim off it AFTER I have gone through all this rigmarole and tried to get the money back any which way I could by myself and then......... have written proof that I'm unable to get my money back from Lowcost, the administrators, my bank or my card provider etc. Only then could I make a claim BUT I had to make a claim within 6 months or lose out on the chance. Not much hope of getting a payout from the Spanish government or the administrators in that time lol.
    Still, from what I've read on here now things sound promising. Let's hope so.:o
  • N4t4lie
    N4t4lie Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    hi there I believe your right with the level of money being claimed as we are trying to claim 2240 and keep getting asked to send more and more information and most of the info they already have but I think its a stalling tactic.
    However 4 weeks ago we were told over the phone by a member of Barclays that we had been awarded a full refund and it would be paid into our account within 14 days and nothing paid rang them back for them to deny all knowledge of the conversation

As a bank they should record all telephone calls. Give them a ring and make a complaint. They should have a log of all your calls and should investigate if you have been mislead. If they refuse, get it in writing and go to the ombudsmen. Make sure you are clear that you are making a complaint and that you would like the reply in writing.
  • Weezy79
    Options
    Bit of good news. Spoke to Halifax yesterday as the 45 days were up and I was told that as the claim had not been disputed by LCH it was safe to say that they would not be taking the refund back out of my account. Good luck to them if they try, as its getting changed into euros this afternoon :cheesy: Good luck to everyone who is still waiting and thanks to MSE for the advice!
  • makemerich12
    Options
    Been told my Barclays to wait a further 23 days :mad::mad::mad:
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just called Halifax Card Services, again, about my claim. I submitted it on 3 Aug. Paid on my Clarity Card. I've called every week for the last 4 weeks and been told there is a delay and to allow them more time. I've now logged a complaint, i think 7 weeks is plenty of time to allow them. I've had one email from them in 7 weeks which went straight into my junk folder as it came through as $resolvemydispute !

Really poor customer service. They're very polite on the phone but nowt ever gets done !
  • anasoares
    Options
    Hello,
    I paid a reservation in a hotel with debit mastercard, but last week the bank called me saying the chargeback was refused! They will keep with the process, but my hopes are low. Did anyone fill out the forms the administrators send? The lodgement of claim and the proxy form? Have no idea how to fill the last one...
  • glentoran99
    Options
    anasoares wrote: »
    Hello,
    I paid a reservation in a hotel with debit mastercard, but last week the bank called me saying the chargeback was refused! They will keep with the process, but my hopes are low. Did anyone fill out the forms the administrators send? The lodgement of claim and the proxy form? Have no idea how to fill the last one...

Did you pay through Lowcost? why was it refused?
  • anasoares
    Options
    I booked through hoteling.com ... The bank just told me that they (I suppose lowcost administration) are not as for this moment accepting chargebacks, whatever that means... and told me to send a new e-mail contesting the decision so the process could keep going. But as there is no legal protection, I shouldn't expect a favorable decision!
  • Lachlan90
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Paypal has said we may get our money back soon but even then who knows what amount the hotel will ask for. They asked for our voucher but we didnt have it on us then weren't asked about it again.
    A few weeks later i received an email saying they hadnt received payment from the 3rd party and asked if we would pay. I just think even if we do receive a refund shouldn't they have had us pay before leaving i cant see how we would be required to pay now. Thanks for any help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure