Quit..rest ..restart . Diary no.3

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks DIA:)
    It's best to keep going and see what happens . It's all a big plus considering the way I was . I had to laugh about the sign I saw in the gym on Monday .." don't struggle on your own." I just said to mr trainer that it's a bit late now :rotfl:
    Hope the garden gets sorted . It's raining here.

I've had a couple of days , when I broke things accidentally . First it was a small wooden elephant coaster holder, then it was a glass tumbler , and on Monday my electric shaver decided not to work.
    I gave it a couple of days trying to charge it . In the end , I spoke to a nice lady at John Lewis as I only purchased it in October . So I will be returning it shortly . Hopefully for a straight swap .
    I find philishaves great in principal . They seem to have improved but the battery is the problem I have had with this and the previous one
    I only paid around £45. Works out cheaper than Gillette razors. I can't stand Gillette due to their virtue signalling advert a few months ago ,
    Plus they experiment on animals .

I got an early morning text asking if I want to see Metallica again at Twickenham rugby ground next week. Free tkt. The irony that I moved from Twickenham a couple of years ago:rotfl:
    I'm bored of them now , and outdoor gigs in general . A sign of getting old ? :eek:
  • triple_choc_chip
    Options
    I can't stand Gillette due to their virtue signalling advert a few months ago.
    Plus they experiment on animals .

Do they shave them :huh::huh::huh:
    :think:
    Debt Free 🍾 since 6.8.13 £31,997
    Saving for🎄Xmas ☃️ 🎁 2024 £107/£365 29.3%
    6 mth 🆘 fund £6k
    Mortgage offset fund £6.9k/£63.1k
    It turns out the answer to my problems wasn’t at the bottom of this tub of ice-cream, 🍨 but the important thing is that I tried...
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Do they shave them :huh::huh::huh:
    :think:

Hi triple choc :)
    Not sure about what they do etc, or any other big companies that do ,but I just heard it from somewhere long ago . I don't want to know either tbh
    I don't look into things like that too far as it would be too depressing .

I'll leave it there . I'm not eco this or that , but I am aware that I could be doing more , like buying soap instead of shower gel as that is a small thing that goes a long way .
  • another_casualty
    Options
    I went to John Lewis this morning . Trying to find the right person who could deal with my purchase , was becoming a pita. I was pointed in 3 wrong directions and wrong assistants until I finally found someone who was really helpful. Got there in the end . The chap gave me a gift card with just under £10 as the shaver was reduced in price since I
    purchased it . I should pick up the replacement tomorrow.

I then headed over to Homebase and got paint tray with rollers , duct tape and gloves . I'll probably if all goes well, paint the hallway next week .

I then headed over to home sense , to get some strong fragrance soap.The last time I was there , I got a bar of beeswax soap which was fantastic . The bathroom smelled better too.
    I couldn't find it on this occasion , so I may have to get something equally as strong and fresh . May go there tomorrow .
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's illegal in the EU to test cosmetic products on animals, and has been for years now. The trouble is, a lot of ingredients have been around for a long time, and so were tested on animals in the past.

On material safety data sheets, (MSDS) there will be something called the LD50. That's the toxicity of an ingredient, when it kills more than 50% of rats. Even water has an LD50 (90 ml/kg) so you really can't avoid using things that were once tested on animals.
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I love the soaps in TKMaxx/Homesense. I can't resist buying more when I'm there, even though they last for ages. The ones I'm not using, I stick in my clothes drawers until I need to start a new one, to scent the clothes!

I used to make soap, (that's why I know about what I posted in my last post) and love to use good quality soap.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Another one here who loves good quality soap. They are a real treat :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • another_casualty
    Options
    It's starting to rain here . I'm due to have my friend over to finally and hopefully, fix extractor back in the kitchen . After that , the plan is to have a couple of Guinness's .

I will be bending his ear a little about my situation with the neighbours . I have been looking at the state of the 'music room ' which may have to become a store room and the computer desk to be moved into the living room . I will ask his opinion , and possible help
    I still have the 2 settees from my last flat and two of my other friends did say that I should ditch one and put the computer in place of one .
    We all know each other . The thing is , the box room is too near the communal area and outside where the noise is coming through via the kids . The other neighbours are fine . In hindsight , it seems that I would've been better having the upstairs flat which never sold last year ,and the family on the gd flr flat , not that they own their flat . They are renting . Once I paint the hallway ,and tidy up properly with my storage issues , I'll probably get my flat valued and I'll have an idea as to what I can / can't do . Maybe I'm over thinking . Then again it's my first move and I have to keep all options open and not rest on my laurels ..
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I hope all went to plan and you enjoyed a few beers with friends.
    I had 2 settees in one room and moved one out. The room looks so much better!
    Sounds like you are thinking of moving?
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • another_casualty
    Options
    I hope all went to plan and you enjoyed a few beers with friends.
    I had 2 settees in one room and moved one out. The room looks so much better!
    Sounds like you are thinking of moving?

Hi DIA:)

I had a couple of gunness's . My friend was still rough with a heavy cold . I was thinking of moving . That thought lasted a few hours .
    I'm staying put . I've gotta man up and realise , that the noise isn't all the time and that things could be a lot worse .
    Tbh I become stale for some time , but I have sprung into action today and had a declutter . I am putting the fire back in my backside and have made a list of things that I can and will be constantly doing.
    I need to be more disciplined and stop putting off things that should've been done ages ago . It'll take time but no more excuses
    I realised that I was beginning to sound whiny and mopey .
    No more :)
    I'll be catching up on your diary soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family