Dot ComUnity Credit Union - ISA

Options
1124125126127128130»

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,443 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DotComUnity is not and has never been a financial organisation.
    Did you mean 'DotComUnity is not and has never been a financially responsible organisation'?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hgt wrote: »
    It's also funny how the man from DCU was nowhere to be seen when we were all going through hell on here trying to get hold of our money.....
    You are right, but at least we got a sincere apology from him at long last.......oh hang on............
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    WOW. I have not received any letter myself this week but it's astounding that they expect any of us would invest in what must be an unregulated investment as they don't appear to have any authority to take regulated investments.

Even more astounding that they advise they will soon be announcing a range of new savings and loans products.
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 January 2016 at 10:17AM
    Options
    Thank you for your comments relating to DotComUnity.

DotComUnity is not and has never been a financial organisation.

<snip>
    DotComUnity Membership continues to grow, we continue to build our Membership and continue to offer new products and services through our Member Benefits platform.

Good Evening,

You have absolutely no concerns here.

<snip>

Throughout the past 12 - 18 months, DotCOmUnity has been setting out the Marketing, Branding, Banking Platform, IT Infrastrcuture, and ultimately developing the sustainable business model that we are moving well into today.

The past 6 months have seen membership, shares and loans exceeding 400% increases, rapidly making us one of the fastest growing Credit Unions in the UK, whilst building a safe and secure centralized infrastructure that you would want to trust your money with.

I bit my tongue at the time, but .... I'm sure you can understand our confusion, despite your subtle insertion of the words "credit union" into one of your trading names.

Both posts are authored by "DotComunity" rather than "DotComunity Credit Union".

One post claims that "DotComUnity is not and has never been a financial organisation"

The other post, from the same account as you, boasts "rapidly making us one of the fastest growing Credit Unions in the UK".
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,443 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 January 2016 at 9:29PM
    Options
    gwapenut wrote: »
    The past 6 months have seen membership, shares and loans exceeding 400% increases, rapidly making us one of the fastest growing Credit Unions in the UK, whilst building a safe and secure centralized infrastructure that you would want to trust your money with.

I bit my tongue at the time, but .... I'm sure you can understand our confusion, despite your subtle insertion of the words "credit union" into one of your trading names.

Both posts are authored by "DotComunity" rather than "DotComunity Credit Union".

One post claims that "DotComUnity is not and has never been a financial organisation"

The other post, from the same account as you, boasts "rapidly making us one of the fastest growing Credit Unions in the UK".
    It was unsustainable growth that sent them into insolvency last year. I guess some people never learn...

What I want to know is who is mad enough to throw money at these guys now that there is no FSCS protection? Nobody who understands what they are investing in, that's for sure.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am still waiting for DotComUnity to post an apology here.
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 January 2016 at 9:44AM
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    I am still waiting for DotComUnity to post an apology here.

They won't, because DotComunity here "is not and has never been a financial organisation".

You must be getting confused with DotComunity here, who was "one of the fastest growing Credit Unions in the UK".

Clearly no apology is necessary, not least of all for substituting an apology with weasel words.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure