Argos agent swearing on the phone ...

Options

Comments

• Bucki
    Bucki Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    The original thread is as clear as mud, please don't tell me to reread.

You said she did not say it out loud! So how did she say it, if not out loud. Did she think it?

You do not have to shout or say out loud for somebody else to know/listen/hear to what you are saying!
    Anyway .... bye!
  • stripeyfox
    Options
    The agent probably shouldn't have sworn, but hey everyone gets frustrated sometimes.

They probably should have apologised for doing so

Their manager should probably have apologised

But I don't see why you require compensation for this.

If you feel strongly about the service you received you can just not shop at Argos in future.
  • stripeyfox
    Options
    spadoosh wrote: »
    Id take £30 every time someone swore at me. Most people seem willing to do it for nothing though.

haha! This made me laugh. If I got £30 every time someone swore at me, I wouldn't need to be a member on this site!
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,364 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Have you got the bed you paid for?

if so take the £30 and move on., although I dont think any compo is due

everyone has bad day now and again.

if you keep pushing maybe they will get the sack, which you say you dont want
  • Bucki
    Options
    spadoosh wrote: »
    She works for a company that is backing her up. Even if you can prove she did swear ad it was specifically aimed at you it sound like her superiors have listened to the recording and are uninterested in acting on it. There is nowhere further to go. There no point reporting it to Trading standards, they wouldnt be interested. Theres no point reporting it to the police, it wouldnt be classed as abuse. Theres no point trying to sue because you havent suffered any loss.

Your options are to take the £30 of whinge and complain more trying to get more, bearing in mind they are under no obligation to give you anything, so thye could just as easily say, well we dont want to give you the £30 anymore please go away and leave us alon or well get a restraining order against you.

This isnt about right and wrong. Yes swearing to at or around a customer is wrong. What this is about is what you can do about it, the answer is very little. Youre pretty much stuck with taking £30 and trying to have the moral high ground of not using them.

No one, not us, not a governing body, not the courts, just no one will make them pay you more than £30 for what has happened.

Exactly :) of course they are backing her up of which I am not against BUT at least as a huge company have some balls to come forward in admitting what happened, apologies.

None of this happend, they simply deny to hear the "f... hell" nor bother explaining the rest.

Anyway ....
  • KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bucki wrote: »
    You do not have to shout or say out loud for somebody else to know/listen/hear to what you are saying!
    Anyway .... bye!

You absolutely do need to say something out loud for someone to hear it on the phone.

You do know what 'saying out loud' means? It means saying it audibly. If you are not saying something out loud, no one can hear you.

I appreciate you say your English is not good but these are examples of how your meaning is continually unclear and contributed to this situation.

If she didnt say it out loud, there will be NOTHING to hear on the tape...
  • Bucki
    Options
    You absolutely do need to say something out loud for someone to hear it on the phone.

You do know what 'saying out loud' means? It means saying it audibly. If you are not saying something out loud, no one can hear you.

I appreciate you say your English is not good but these are examples of how your meaning is continually unclear and contributed to this situation.

If she didnt say it out loud, there will be NOTHING to hear on the tape...

Were you there to hear the f... hell?? No, so why are you so convinced about it.
    Bottom line, why would I waste my time about all this if there was NOTHING!

You seem frustrated just like the agent... go on, use the "non-directive swearing"
  • stripeyfox
    Options
    I think the OP has massively misjudged the "severity" of this issue.

Of course one should not expect to be sworn at by a Customer Services representative (although of course I'm sure these guys get sworn AT plenty by customers)

But you didn't suffer any financial loss, and they have offered a generous compensation and you are free to shop or not shop there in the future

Seriously. Move on. It's nothing in the grand scheme of things
  • Bucki
    Options
    stripeyfox wrote: »
    I think the OP has massively misjudged the "severity" of this issue.

Of course one should not expect to be sworn at by a Customer Services representative (although of course I'm sure these guys get sworn AT plenty by customers)

But you didn't suffer any financial loss, and they have offered a generous compensation and you are free to shop or not shop there in the future

Seriously. Move on. It's nothing in the grand scheme of things

Hey, at least you are not one of them that say "so what, move on" as if it's normal to be sworn at or use faul language. Indeed, it is normally the customer swearing at the Agent and not other way around.

Lets assume, I can hear the swearing on the voice recording.
    What about going to WatchDog with the case and report it.

Is this "nothing" for Argos to worry or care about?
  • Labsuper
    Labsuper Posts: 266 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What if you misheard as English is not your Forte?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure