New Journey

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    You sound organised today.

Boxing day sale is the way to go with Christmas cards. I will be doing that this year.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I am lucky as have a very small family!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I envy you beanielou for a small family , mine is mahoosive !

I can't stand all the shops after the end of October so I have to be organised.
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cumbria lass you're so well organised! I know what you mean about the shops in Nov/Dec, I try to avoid them as much as I can. I don't buy Christmas cards anymore, I remember spending an absolute fortune one year and told myself never again.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    It's a very good idea to try and get some Christmas stuff early, I hate hot crowded shops. I also have a huge family and I always buy Christmas cards and wrapping paper in the January sales when they are normally half price, and post them early so they can go second class.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    Options
    Round up of shopping

Mr A £25.14 I had £24.56 left , not to bad . Had to buy tea bags and toilet rolls again that made it more expensive, but under my £30 budget.

I need to check Christmas gifts again and make a new list of what I need to still get.

Payday is Wednesday , have about a fiver left in my purse so should be ok.
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Cumbria I hate buying loo roll. I would almost want to buy anything else! Sometimes my mum gets me a giant family pack as I can't drive and it's helpful someone getting you something so big. so I only have to do this a few times a year but I hate it.
    Last time I went shopping with my mum I bought a massive pack that filled a quarter of my trolley and then bumped into someone I knew! Nightmare situation. I felt like they were looking at the massive loo roll wondering why a single person on their own needed so much. Argh!

I buy teabags from Iceland as from my options this is the cheapest I have found.

Glad the Christmas shopping is going well. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • System
    Options
    Thank you for comments on Christmas cards , it is on my calendar for 27th December to go and seek out sale ones.

On redoing my Christmas list , I found I had missed off my friend who I met in a strange way. She. Is 28 yrs older than me but I visit her as often as I can . I have no idea what to get her , any ideas ? She is 82 .
    On the toilet roll thing I am going back to buying in bulk as suggested by PSL.
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Iceland do 4 x rolls of 3 ply loo paper for £1.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Re you friend - sometimes it’s hard pressie wise when people are elderly. It was very hard to think of things for my late mum and dad as they got older! They had everything they wanted! Perhaps you could take her out after Christmas for tea? Or make a little hamper up of some goodies - favourite tea, cakes, biscuits, jam etc?
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts