Amazon came into my back garden!

Options
12346»

Comments

• silverwhistle
    silverwhistle Posts: 3,794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's an earlier tradition than that, lawks, so it is. Pantomime, dear thing, pantomime.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not so much Python - more of a Confessions of an Amazon Courier.
  • silverwhistle
    silverwhistle Posts: 3,794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello, you seem like a nice young man..

Something I mentioned on a meter reading thread once, but years ago I worked for an electricity board where we had to clean up the data regarding customer comments due to the introduction of the Data Protection act. No longer could we have comments such as 'Amorous housewife' or 'complete nutter' - the first of those is genuine and the second probably existed. We had to replace with non-judgemental comments such as 'Do not visit this customer alone'! :-)

And with that complete thread hijack - sorry - perhaps it's time to call it a day...
  • Fluffybunny80
    Options
    If someone comes into my back garden uninvited and it's not even a delivery for me then yes, but asked in the street of course not!
    This is typical of this forum.
    People are now saying the driver went above and beyond for his customer, no he didn't if anyone bothered to read the OP properly!
    Calling over the gate 'hello excuse me? Can you tell me where no.9 is please?"
    That Is polite not just entering into someone's personal space when they have no reason to be there!
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If someone comes into my back garden uninvited and it's not even a delivery for me then yes, but asked in the street of course not!
    People are now saying the driver went above and beyond for his customer, no he didn't if anyone bothered to read the OP properly!
    That Is polite not just entering into someone's personal space when they have no reason to be there!

Well you certainly went above and beyond visiting the OPs garden to ascertain the layout.
    Was she dressed this time?
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,364 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options

We dont know what the driver did before entering,, maybe he knocked, maybe he said excuse me, maybe he shouted.

unless you know different
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Was hanging washing out today when the back gate opened and in came an Amazon driver saying he was looking for house x ! You can't access the garden from the side of the house - we live in a terrace so you have to go down the alley round the back.
    I'm really upset that he did this. Really feels like an invasion of my privacy. I was wearing just a night dress. My daughter is now worried to play in the garden. Made me realize I need a lock on the gate if nothing else.:naughty:

Two things really, she would only be worried if you reacted in a certain way. If you had simply told the person where the house was or you didn't know then your daughter wouldn't have any worries. Secondly this incident has now made you realise at last how insecure your back garden has been and you should be thanking the driver for bringing this to your notice rather than complaining.
    It's nothing , not nothink.
  • Tallaght
    Tallaght Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is starting to sound like the Classic Two Ronnies Fork Handles Sketch.
  • docmatt
    docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options
    Thank god you weren’t kidnapped by the amazon delivery driver. He could have put you up for sale on amazon and a friendly neighbour would have had to buy you and have the same guy deliver you back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure