Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• MrsWenger
    MrsWenger Posts: 360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jf555 wrote: »
    It was through the live chat. I’ve heard that they are offering up to around 60% off HD packages at the moment but I’m not too sure how accurate that is. I’d try the live chat now you’ve given notice and see what they have to say.

Thanks for the reply Jf555.

Like others have mentioned 60% seems to have been withdrawn. Guy I spoke to said their intention is to get everyone paying full price and offer football tickets etc through Sky VIP. I wished him luck with the first part!
  • edmund_blackadder
    Options
    malky39 wrote: »
    I had been disconnected for about 2 weeks, this was done over the phone. I had an issue with my view card not being activated and when I called up to sort it they then offered me sports for £6 a month for 12 months as compensation but I declined as I do not watch sports.

So you went through with being disconnected and then rang them back up after 2 weeks and they offered you the lot at £36 per month?

That's good going.

The best they could offer me was £59.99 (and a £10 admin fee!) :(
    I enjoy a pint of beer each night for it's health benefits. The other pints are for my witty comebacks and flawless dance moves.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    MrsWenger wrote: »
    Guy I spoke to said their intention is to get everyone paying full price and offer football tickets etc through Sky VIP. I wished him luck with the first part!

When I was renegotiating they tried using the fact that I'd lose access to Sky VIP and the chance to get tickets for audience shows and O2 tickets, he was a bit stumped when I explained I wasn't interested in any of them and just wanted a lower price.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I wouldn't pay full price and have rejected 50% off. Football tickets, free multiroom or a free add on would be of no use at all, so I'll stay as one who left.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When I was renegotiating they tried using the fact that I'd lose access to Sky VIP and the chance to get tickets for audience shows and O2 tickets, he was a bit stumped when I explained I wasn't interested in any of them and just wanted a lower price.

A bit like the first retention online chat I had, when the guy on the other end, couldn't understand that I had absolutely no interest in the football:rotfl:
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

I had the same last year, the guy said 'but you will lose access to tickets for the shows at the O2'. When I pointed out I live nigh on 300 miles away from the O2 he quickly stopped trying to use that...
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oakdene wrote: »
    I had the same last year, the guy said 'but you will lose access to tickets for the shows at the O2'. When I pointed out I live nigh on 300 miles away from the O2 he quickly stopped trying to use that...

I'm a mere 900 miles round journey distant (over £100 in petrol) which should have been pretty obvious to the guy since I'd already confirmed my address :(

Yipee, free tickets...
  • mk_saver
    Options
    Need some advice, I have over the last few days been discussing with sky my bills and went so far as to cancelling sky.

However I have since been offered the following:

Sky Q 2tb box (free)
    Sky mini box (free)
    Multi room (£12)
    Legacy entertainment tv, boxsets & hd (35% off for 12months)
    Sky fibre unlimited broadband & line rental (discounted bb by £8.99 for 12months & line rental discounted by £4 for 9months)

Basically for 9months am paying £62.79, then £66.79 (months 9-12), then for 12-18months am full price @ £89.08

Is this a good deal or am I still being ripped off?
  • darren_5
    darren_5 Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been with sky 5+ years and would like a new Sky Q box (not subscription) to allow us to record more than 2 channels whilst watching another.... Other half loves to record!!)

I have said I was leaving and was offered 50% off 18 month subscription but have to keep old box as they would not provide new Sky Q box unless I pay £199.

The other option was to have 20% off basic package and not the 50% so pay £18.00 a month and have the box for £20.

On my current deal I was offered 75% off for 10 out of the 12 months. Will there be any MSE codes like there used to be that my other half could use and get a Sky Q box as a new customer?

My contract ends in 3 days - what should I do?

Thanks for reading.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    darren_5 wrote: »
    I have been with sky 5+ years and would like a new Sky Q box (not subscription) to allow us to record more than 2 channels whilst watching another.... Other half loves to record!!)

I have said I was leaving and was offered 50% off 18 month subscription but have to keep old box as they would not provide new Sky Q box unless I pay £199.

The other option was to have 20% off basic package and not the 50% so pay £18.00 a month and have the box for £20.

On my current deal I was offered 75% off for 10 out of the 12 months. Will there be any MSE codes like there used to be that my other half could use and get a Sky Q box as a new customer?

My contract ends in 3 days - what should I do?

Thanks for reading.
    Some of us had even better deals (directly from Sky) last year, but the best offered now seems to be 50% with £25 credit (I refused at cancellation time), which then dropped to 30% off.

Your partner is not a new customer and they may notice matches such as same address, bank account or surname.

The latest model range and the one before that, with Humax, will record up to 4 programmes at once, depending on origin.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback