MSE News: Thousands of tenants to get bedroom tax rebate

Options
1444546474850»

Comments

• kayetech
    Options
    Hi can anyone help me?
    After reading all the articles on reclaiming back due to the loophole, we received a letter from the council this morning stating that they will repay for the last year in housing benefit. The only thing is they say they will pay the money directly to our landlord. But we have been paying our rent deficit (Bedroom Tax).
    Does this mean that our landlord (Housing Association) will pay us the money? or do they keep it?
    We are NOT in arrears and there is no outstanding charges.
  • MidnightHour
    Options
    kayetech wrote: »
    Hi can anyone help me?
    After reading all the articles on reclaiming back due to the loophole, we received a letter from the council this morning stating that they will repay for the last year in housing benefit. The only thing is they say they will pay the money directly to our landlord. But we have been paying our rent deficit (Bedroom Tax).
    Does this mean that our landlord (Housing Association) will pay us the money? or do they keep it?
    We are NOT in arrears and there is no outstanding charges.

They will pay you in the form of a cheque but you have to request it.
  • lilly123
    lilly123 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    finally after 8 months i have received all my money back,was a long hard process, lots of letters i wrote lots of telephone calls i made, i have also asked them for the interest not that i will get it, my next task with my local authority is now to get an explanation on quite a few missing rent payments that i noticed when they sent me copies of my rent statements,now bearing in mind i have the originals, can not wait for them to explain this to me, now i know where the so called rent arrears came from years back when i did actually tell them that i did not owe any arrears on my rent account, but they insisted i did and i actually ended up paying these so called arrears back to them, may be more money they owe me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure