greent's mfw journey

Options

Comments

• Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Wow, 17 eBay listings at one sitting...... That deserves a medal!:rotfl:

I'm currently on an eBay mission myself, but I can only list about 10 at a time without starting for feel punch drunk by it all.

It's quite intensive work, as you have to make sure everything is correct, as eBay is a very unforgiving place:(

But it is nice when you get some good sales
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Argh! Have been massively busy the past couple of weeks - will hopefully have chance to catch up on everyone's diaries whilst on hols (fly out tomorrow - yeay!)

Ebay sales have gone well - think OPs have been c£200 from them this month. Am hoping for another FLW in Nov so I can get more unwanted stuff sold on there before Xmas! :D Total OPs (thanks to shares and ebay and NNS) for Oct = £4261.84 :D Now on target to repay 11/2015.... challenge is now to see if I can bring that even closer..... (slightly stymied by taking minimal drawings from DH's co this year as I want to keep household income as low as poss to maximise grant for DD when she goes to Uni. Am counting down to April for when I can start taking some decent funds out again lol!

Happy half term and Halloween - will try and catch up before I get back :) xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Bon Voyage x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ditto ... see you when you get back :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • greent
    Options
    Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Holiday was goooood - although I didn't manage to catch up on diaries. I read 5 books instead :D:D Have started diaries catch up this week, but have not got very far yet.

Weather was fab. Villa was lovely - and we picked pomegranate, lemons, oranges and peppers from the garden. Brought a couple of lemons back too for cake making. Children spent most of their time in the pool. We didn't really do much in the day (my ideal holiday) - going to a water park one day and then DH taking the boys to the beach on the last day (they wanted to go and I really dislike beaches - so I packed in peace - perfect arrangement!) Went out for dinner a few times. Hit the local shopping centre once but didn't buy anything!! In fact, we brought back half the money we took. I'm going to keep about 200 euros for a school trip and change the rest back - and may even OP it ;) Ooh - and I only put on 1 1/2lb - which I'm v pleased with (lots of bargainacious alcohol and cakes!)

Weather when we landed back at Bristol was gorgeous - which meant that I managed to get some washing dry on the line when we arrived back home - bonus!

Two of the children went back to school on Mon, 2 yesterday. House was a total tip but is getting there. Ironing pile is about half the size that it was and I'll do some more later :)

Am going to still keep an eye on food spends this month. After all, Christmas is coming (49 days and 11 hours and some minutes to go!!!:xmastree:) and I still need to get presents!! That will be my main focus this month, along with finishing presents for DD's 17th and DS2's 9th birthdays (2 weeks before and 12 days after - argh!)

I updated my freezer inventory on Mon and it's all nice and clean and tidy in there again now :) Took out pizza dough and mozzarella from there earlier ready for tonight. Also took out some mince and am currently making chilli for tomorrow night (I like it more the day after!) Have a small AF delivery later and have space for it in cupboards (other than the chopped toms....) Can definitely see the difference in the cupboards and it's quite pleasing! :D Still have plenty of random things to use up though. Would like to achieve as much as poss of it gone by end of the year - could be some interesting things on the menu!

Right - time to make a cuppa now and then attack the ironing :)

xx
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds like a wonderful holiday! Welcome back... x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • DedicatedDFW
    Options
    Glad you had a lovely holiday and well done on the listings and sales x
    CC1:T £[STRIKE]2531[/STRIKE] £1460
    MORTGAGE OVERPAYMENTS: £10575.20 Target £12,100
    MF Date: [STRIKE]August 2042[/STRIKE] May 2035
    Declutter 1000 things by Xmas 2015! 53/1000
  • greent
    edited 10 November 2014 at 1:48PM
    Options
    Morning all. Lost my mojo a bit the past few days - have been so tired and have come down with a stonker of a cold really quickly. Poor DS3 has one with a temp of 39 and a really bad cough with it (so much so that he's off school today and I'm a real meanie for sending mine in) - he keeps coughing so much that he's retching and gagging and then brings up lots (and I mean LOTS) of phlegm. Made worse by cold and damp - which is actually a big part of keeping him off. He's currently snuggled up on the sofa still in PJs with a blanket around him and vegging out to Cbeebies. No doubt he'll crash out after lunch, as he has the past two days :) You can tell he's poorly because he doesn't want stories, even at bedtime, just a snuggle.

DH actually did a couple of hours of ironing yesterday, which is helpful :) I need to tackle the kitchen and our bathroom but I'm not sure I've the energy to do both - in which case, the kitchen wins. I was meant to be helping out with DS2's class for swimming today, but with DS3 off I've had to cancel. DS2 is upset, but I've told him to tell his teacher I can do another day instead if there are any more spaces.

Record keeping for food spends this month has already fallen over! :( However, I know we've not wasted anything and are still using odd stuff up, so am not too concerned. This weekend's use ups included 3 lamb shanks from the freezer (from 3 years ago!!!!:o:o:eek:) (all meat and fish in there is now less than 3 months old) and a beer bread mix bbe date 06/2010:o. Both very nice, though!! I've booked Abel&C0le fruit and veg box deliveries again (I do like them!), starting from this week. I've booked weekly, but might go for fortnightly instead, as we still have a lot of stuff in the freezer to use up. The deal was quite good. Buy 4 boxes, receive the 4th box free and also get a free tea towel, bottle of olive oil and £25 of vouchers to spend in the shop :D (If anyone's interested in the code for the offer (not sure it's on the website) let me know :) I also won a voucher in a comp for a free medium box, so I'll get that one after the 4.

Living Social also have a good deal on atm - 3 Riverford veg boxes for £19 (although when I clicked through they gave me an automatic promo code which took it to £17 - even better) -https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1309744-three-medium-veg-boxes-with-delivery?ref=share-undefined-copy_box-web-deals&rui=135052527&rpi=178588706 AND you can get Clubcard point and TCB on LS purchases :T

Definitely lost ebay mojo atm :( My aim is to list 7 items on there this week - I want to make sure I use my 20 free listings (and not just on relisting unsold items - I'll save those for a FLW) and I've only listed one thing so far.

Also need to get a move on with Christmas stuff - argh! Think I shall aim to tackle that with gusto from next week - presents, cards and food! :D

Apologies for random ramblings - brain too full of snot to think straight!:o:D

x

ETA: Forgot to say - v proud of DS1 this weekend. On Saturday morning he did a 2 hour stint selling poppies at Te5co and then volunteered to go back for a second stint in the afternoon as they were short of helpers. Then yesterday he attended the Remembrance Service at one of our local churches (we live equidistant between 2 as we live on the parish border and DS2 was at the other one with Cubs) and was chosen to lay the wreath. Army Cadets has been so good for him - he has grown up a lot whilst there (just about a year) and is quite a delightful young man (ok - I'm biased, I admit!) :D

Further ETA - all diaries now caught up on (I think) - except GG's and Tilly's - am going to attempt one of them over lunch, as that'll be about 10-15 pages on the one, more on the other!!:rotfl:
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you had a good holiday greent , thanks for the veg box codes I have been looking at the riverford website again over the last two weeks but have not ordered again from them yet. :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • greent
    Options
    Managed to do some stuff in the kitchen, but not vacuum or mop the floor :( Did make a fridge cake, using some not-very-nice fudge, some honeycomb from AF, the dregs of a pkt of rice crispies and the dregs of a packet of cheerios, the dust(!) from the bottom of a packet of cocopops :D, some rich tea biscuits which no-one likes, a soft bourbon left in the packet(!) and some marshmallows from B&M :D Kids like it! Also made (and it's now my new fave pudding) - pear & lemon steamed sponge pudding - om nom nom nom nom!!!!! :EasterBun(Have over a dozen large bags of chopped pears in the freezer, 2 large kilner jars of spiced pears, a couple of bags of frozen boozy pears, pear jam (and pear chutney) - still finding ways to use them up). Was v yummy - and a good use for the strange pear jam!
    Dinner tonight was mainly use-ups of leftovers - after making the sweet things I lost the will to cook! However, my fridge now has less tubs in, so it was no bad thing :D

DS3 still unwell - was running a temp of 39.2 (about 101.5?) so he has had some C'lpol - which he detests. He has been sleeping fitfully since about 6pm. He has managed some food today, but only cereal. He's clearly not right still and won't be at school again tomorrow :(

DH and I both had our flu jabs tonight (free - he's diabetic and I have inhalers most Winters for chest infections) - slightly sore arms now! :) Not sure it's ideal having it whilst I'm cold-y but the nurse seemed ok with it. Anything not to be laid up with flu, though! :)

Off to watch Only Connect now - see if ay of my brain cells are working tonight! :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure