The Trials & Tribulations of Trying to Conceive when its just not happening (12m+)

Options

Comments

• picklekin
    picklekin Posts: 889 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a review addict too, and yes, I've googled my clinic too :p
  • vodkashot
    vodkashot Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    Pinkteapot - the drugs which have to go in the fridge are sent packed in ice. So if someone else takes delivery it shouldn't be a problem as long as you collect them that day. My mum takes my delivery and she just leaves it in the box, when I get home I put it in the fridge.

Try not to worry, I know it's stressful but you can sort it out.

Also just a small tip, I worried I would forget about taking my injections so DH set his mobile alarm each night for 10pm and then mine half an hour later. Works a treat :)
  • danielley
    danielley Posts: 744 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,

Egg collection went well, they got 16 eggs and no mention of the fluid being a problem anymore .

Just waiting to hear tomorrow on our transfer date.

I felt a bit stressed when we were in there as it seemed a bit unorganised (to my control freak brain) but I did have a lovely sleep under general anaesthetic :)

Pinkteapot I felt really overwhelmed at the early stages, my drug delivery was a right faff... But one nugget of advice I would say is when the drugs do arrive, don't stress when you watch the DVD as it looks really complicated but your clinic will take you through each step, the DVD is just a backup. Also if your clinic will only probably tell you stuff stage by stage which I found difficult at first (being a control freak myself) but it actually has worked out for the best as you really then just focus on each stage at a time. Good luck and be prepared for a few mood swings... I've been a nightmare :)

X
  • Fairy_dust
    Fairy_dust Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Danielley 16 eggs is a fantastic haul :)! I hope you aren't too sore. I had fluid in my uterus the first cycle but it had disappeared by egg collection and was told the same as you that they would freeze the embryos rather than transfer them. The wait until the embryologists phone tomorrow is a long one :)!

Well I had my scratch today, when I phoned last week the nurse said that I needn't bother with painkillers as she has heard it's not that painful! :O Not trusting her judgement and finding the leaflet explaining the procedure that advises 400mg Ibuprofen & 1g Paracetamol, I went ahead and took the meds. Well I'm glad I did as I have quite a high pain threshold but it did hurt! The consultant has advised me though to postpone ivf so I can get my cervix dilated and a hysteroscopy done next month and then wait until the following month to start my treatment. He said that I have a small opening to my cervix and he did struggle to do my scratch today and ET the last time. I have cramped both times after ET and he thinks although it has never been proven, it can cause embryos to be expelled from the uterus. So looks like my ivf treatment will be in September now. The things we have to go through to get pregnant. Has anyone been through a dilation?

How is every one doing? Hugs to those that need them.

Code The bracelet sounds a lovely idea :) xx
    52 Week Challenge £15/£1378
  • good_vibes
    good_vibes Posts: 546 Forumite
    Options
    Great haul Danielley!
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations on the great haul danielley. I'm sending them fertilisation and proper dividing vibes.

Fairy - that sounds rather uncomfortable. It's great that they are doing so much to maximise your chances though. Haven't been through that particular procedure but I hope it goes well.

Pinkteapot - no matter how crap this all is and how hard it is to rely on someone else, if it results in that elusive BFP, then it will all be worth it.

Sorry for being such a downer lately. Too many pregnancies amongst people I know. My current freak out is that my niece is pregnant (she's married and in her 20s so not so surprising) and I'm freaking out that it's a girl and they'll use the name we picked out. They don't know it so it's not like they'd be doing it to be mean, but it's a name from a book and I know my nieces husband also loves the book so there's a chance they may use it. How mental am I? Normal service will be resumed shortly.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Have told OH I'm going to see a solicitor about buying him out of the house. Have had enough of being ignored and treated like I don't exist. Would be a lot less lonely on my own. I really don't want to lose my home :(
  • codemonkey
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    Have told OH I'm going to see a solicitor about buying him out of the house. Have had enough of being ignored and treated like I don't exist. Would be a lot less lonely on my own. I really don't want to lose my home :(

Oh no tea, does this mean you're splitting up? I hope you can manage to keep your house.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    I think so, I don't see that there's any other choice really. He refuses to spend anytime together, won't even have a conversation, whenever I try and arrange things for us to do he says he's too busy. He's away this weekend for the 7th time this year (without me) but point blank refuses to book a holiday together. He does nothing round the house at all and usually when I speak to him he totally ignores me. He's clearly only here as he gets a free housekeeper. So sick of it. I don't want a mardy, messy, rude housemate, I want a partner. He's clearly not able to offer that.
  • codemonkey
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    I think so, I don't see that there's any other choice really. He refuses to spend anytime together, won't even have a conversation, whenever I try and arrange things for us to do he says he's too busy. He's away this weekend for the 7th time this year (without me) but point blank refuses to book a holiday together. He does nothing round the house at all and usually when I speak to him he totally ignores me. He's clearly only here as he gets a free housekeeper. So sick of it. I don't want a mardy, messy, rude housemate, I want a partner. He's clearly not able to offer that.

That sounds incredibly lonely and frustrating and I can't blame you for wanting out. I wish I could give you a proper hug, but have a dodgy virtual one instead :grouphug:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback