Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    Sounds like you’ve had quite a day.
    What a day SSG :eek:. I hope things go better today.

Thanks Hairy and milann!:)

Having problems with my wifi at home – hopefully it'll sort itself out when I get home tonight, but I thought I'd post from work instead just in case!

I also had to get a new battery for my watch. It's quite a good one and is sentimental to me so I always go to the posh jeweller near where I work as my friend had a horror story with hers a few years ago when she took it to a local jeweller for a new battery and they totally ruined it. Unfortunately, the cost seems to have gone up quite a bit since my last battery replacement some time ago. They have to send it away for the replacement, but mind you, they took about five photos of the watch so that I could check it is mine when it is returned! I presume that is included in the cost!

Jobs today include getting my US ESTA visa as my last one has expired. Also want to order the 9/11 museum tickets for next week. So more outlay.

Money saving not going too well over the last few days……………:(

BUT - I got free food yesterday from a colleague on our desk who shoots quite a bit and brought me in two little partridges! I would have liked to cooked one last night as it was fresh, but alas still no oven or hob yet so into the freezer they went! Dinner was a Chinese takeaway!

AND - I did claim back my £26 from the rail company yesterday so that's one credit into the bank account.:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Well the partridges will give you something to look forward to and at least you'll get the £26 back. I hope you have a working oven soon.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Well I managed to fix the WiFi problem by the good old "turn it off, turn it on again" ploy at the electric switch!

Applied for and paid for ESTA ($14) before I left work - have to check later to see if it's approved.

Still no oven and hob so yet another takeaway! I'll be ten tons by time I fly!:(
    🌟
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well I managed to fix the WiFi problem by the good old "turn it off, turn it on again" ploy at the electric switch!

Applied for and paid for ESTA ($14) before I left work - have to check later to see if it's approved.

Still no oven and hob so yet another takeaway! I'll be ten tons by time I fly!:(

Your Tuesday sounded a little like mine, I am glad you found your travel pass. The old ways of mending things are sometimes the best.

I hope you get a fully functioning kitchen soon , but it will be so nice when it's finished it's worth waiting for.

Glad you have your ESTA sorted , my friend flies out later today. :j
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I have a "good" watch and I could buy more than one cheaper replacements for the cost of the battery but I stick with the battery replacement. It's one of those mood enhancers.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Your Tuesday sounded a little like mine, I am glad you found your travel pass. The old ways of mending things are sometimes the best.

I hope you get a fully functioning kitchen soon , but it will be so nice when it's finished it's worth waiting for.

Glad you have your ESTA sorted , my friend flies out later today. :j

Have been checking the Manhattan weather online Cumbria. Bit chillier over there than here!

I picked up my dollars yesterday - also need to buy an up to date guide book. There is a big Andy Warhol exhibition at the Whitney - need to see if DD would like to go if we can get some tickets.
    I have a "good" watch and I could buy more than one cheaper replacements for the cost of the battery but I stick with the battery replacement. It's one of those mood enhancers.

I'm the same inod - date wise I think it has now morphed into the vintage class, but I always get remarks on how "iconic" it is.

Just finished packing all the 2019 diaries that we send to clients ready for posting. One of my more boring jobs at work! Next it will be Christmas cards and chocolates at the beginning of December.

Still no oven or hob or sink last night! Bought some M&S salads yesterday - had one last night and one for tonight. I have yoghurt and fruit in the fridge so will have that as well. Hopefully I will have some space for the microwave in the kitchen over the weekend so I can use it. The cabinets are in (but with no doors or shelves) and perhaps I'll have some worktops tonight! Beginning to take shape like a kitchen now though. My wine rack that is going over the fridge-freezer was there waiting to be put up - very smart looking - pleased with that!
    🌟
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    It's going to be fabulous when it's finished SSG. Well done on choosing salads instead of a takeaway :T.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Thanks Hairy. I'm afraid the salads were of the pasta variety though!:D

Today was quiet. Just popped out for some fruit. Cleaned the bathroom and bedroom. I will have to get the carpet cleaner in though to give the bedroom carpet a going over once kitchen is finished.

Microwave sausage and mash from M&S for dinner. New oven, hob, extractor fan, sink unit and dishwasher have arrived but not in working order yet. Worktops are arriving on Monday.

Tomorrow's jobs include ironing and making a list of stuff I'm packing for NY next week.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everybody.
    🌟
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My friend arrived in a snow at JFK but then sunny day after that. So excited for you.

Kitchen is going to be amazing . Have a good weekend .
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm glad you've got an oven now and hopefully it'll be working soon :).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure