Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy

Options

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ...I also enquired whether there is a charge for customers with smart meters switching to Zog Energy and there isn't. Not sure whether this is for all areas or just the North East....

I don't know of any supplier that makes a surcharge for a customer that already has a smart meter supplied by another provider.

You do know it won't work as a smart meter with Zog, don't you? You'll need to read it manually and input the readings online (if you want an accurate bill)
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    Thanks for the effort, but that comparison service does not do switches to Zog Energy (so no cashback) :(
    Yeah sorry, I have recently found that Zog don't seem to switch through any comp site. You pretty much have to go to them direct. I guess that is a good way to keep your prices low.;)
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My contract is coming to an end and received the required notification e-mail spot on time. I have waited 3 weeks looking at the options so this morning I e-mailed and asked to be put on the 12 month fix from the end of my current contract. E-mail sent at 1154 and reply from them at 1339, new DD figure based on lower price and this year's lower consumption and promise of a refund of the credit balance. As I have said before, old fashioned but prompt and efficient.
  • molerat
    Options
    DD change notification e-mail received 1346 and £130 refunded to my bank account by FP at 1700.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Helped a mate save a pretty penny by suggesting he switch to Zog.

As let the wookie win posted, they allow you to choose the switch date (from 3 to 6 weeks from application I think)
    My mate also has the complication of being served via an IGT, so I said don't worry if they miss the selected date.

Mate told me today that Zog have now confirmed the switch will happen on the selected date, and so want a meter reading to start billing from - to be input online.

Who said switching, especially when an IGT is involved, had to be complicated?
  • sidbee
    sidbee Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Taking a leap into the (almost!) unknown I've just applied to switch to Zog for gas and GB Energy for electricity - a big saving for me, hope both their admin. and IT folk can keep on top of things as they become better known - unlike a few of the other recent up-and-coming independents!
    I will post updates as things progress.
    sidbee
  • Moireach
    Moireach Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I switched last November and it's been great. 6 months after taking the risk they are as quick at replying to emails as ever, and as people keep saying it does keep a very personal feel to communications.
    Also, although no online portal and huge call centre staff seems like a liability, I have to say that to have everything sorted by a quick email from work is a breath of fresh air. No more going through 25 menus on the phone after work just to be told the call centre is closed, or just to be on hold for half an hour and eventually get through to somebody who is unhelpful. For me this is the ideal set-up, and I hope they expand to meet demand so they can keep their customer service up.
    And their prices are incredible. I signed up in November and only 6 months into my contract have already switched to their newer tariff because the prices have come down so much. Yes energy prices have tumbled, but the big 6 have NOT taken prices down this much. Maybe because they bought so much of theirs so far in advance before prices fell because of the threat of a price freeze, but hey there's just another advantage of being with a small supplier.
    Big thumbs up from me!
  • lstar337
    Options
    Yes, after initial bumps due to my IGT I have had steady support from Zog. They were very good through the switch and kept me nice and up to date!

Only thing I am unsure about is when to send them my readings. Do people here just send them a set time before the end of the month, or a set time before the anniversary of the contract start date?

I just want to keep things smooth and make it as simple as possible for Zog.
    Moireach wrote: »
    I signed up in November and only 6 months into my contract have already switched to their newer tariff because the prices have come down so much.
    Did you do this penalty free?

I can't see on their site if internal switches incur the £30 penalty or not.
  • molerat
    Options
    They bill monthly at end of calendar month so send readings on last day of month or they will estimate.

I queried changing mid contract and they stated they would charge the penalty, I calculated that it would just about negate the saving so did not go through with it.
  • lstar337
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    They bill monthly at end of calendar month so send readings on last day of month or they will estimate.

I queried changing mid contract and they stated they would charge the penalty, I calculated that it would just about negate the saving so did not go through with it.
    Thanks molerat, that clears up all my questions. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback