Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Options

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    movingon wrote: »
    My Direct debits from the switched account have not appeared in the DD list on Yorkshire Bank, though they were listed in the switch letter I received. Is this because they dont appear until the first DD is called for later in the month?
    badger09 wrote: »
    Almost certainly.

That has been my experience in some previous switches.
    Switch completed smoothly today including all DDs

:beer:

@movingon

in view of wiseone.....'s post, perhaps you should check with B:cool:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    When money is paid into old bank account (debit card refund), how long does it take to get sent across?

My residual balance was sent at 10am this morning (from TSB to YB), but had a debit card refund into TSB this afternoon which still hasn't gone across. I can't move it as TSB have deleted all my payees.
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    clivep wrote: »
    Maybe if you have a token then you always needs to use it even for transactions under £500.
    Yes, the first time a payee is paid you have to use the token, no matter the amount, if you have obtained a token. It adds an extra layer of security so it's worth doing in my opinion.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the info about the token I had no idea it existed can't remember seeing anything in my account opening emails but maybe it was there.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    Thanks for the info about the token I had no idea it existed can't remember seeing anything in my account opening emails but maybe it was there.

Order one via the website. Under Administration.
  • The_weedie
    Options
    My switch is happening on the 20th.

I've got a couple of DD coming out on the 22/23, sounds like the switch has gone well/easily for most of you. Hopefully its the same for me.

I'll just then have to credit the account with £1000 after the switch, then follow up and credit it with a further £1000 within 31 days and i'll be rocking then :)

Pretty great £250 for simply switching over.
  • twiglet98
    Options
    I applied for the Yorkshire Bank account on 24 October and it was opened on 27 October. I hadn't completed details for the switch at that time, was thinking about opening a second Santander account and switching that, so I could keep my existing account with them. Also most of my direct debits go on the first of the month so I thought I could do it after they'd safely gone through.

Decided it's too late to try and open another account in time and just to go ahead and ditch Santander. I've just come off the phone to Customer Service, wanting to clarify whether I'd qualify for the incentive as I don't want to leave Santander if not, and was told a switch application HAD to be done during the initial application, it isn't a 'switch' if it's done later, but to ring the Switching team in the morning to see if they have any suggestions.
  • Northern_Mum
    Options
    Just a note for those who are switching Tesco Bank DDs...

My switch went through on 3/11 and 2 DDs feeding my Tesco Bank savings accounts were switched over. The DDs were due to pay out on the 5th so I checked my accounts today.

When I logged into Tesco Bank it showed that the DDs were credited to my accounts today. The old bank account details were still showing in the linked accounts section.
    However when I logged in to Yorkshire Bank the DDs were not showing as having been paid, and my balance hasn't reduced.

I phoned the switching team but they were vague as to why they weren't showing as having been paid. They said they could possibly appear in a day or too, and to keep checking as there could be a delay in updating the systems. I'm still not sure which account the DDs have been pulled from! My old account was closed on Friday when the switch happened.

To be on the safe side for the switching bonus I have set up 2 new Tesco Bank DDs on the YB account.
  • lala9
    lala9 Posts: 686 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The_weedie wrote: »
    My switch is happening on the 20th.

I've got a couple of DD coming out on the 22/23, sounds like the switch has gone well/easily for most of you. Hopefully its the same for me.

I'll just then have to credit the account with £1000 after the switch, then follow up and credit it with a further £1000 within 31 days and i'll be rocking then :)

Pretty great £250 for simply switching over.

Do you have to credit your account immediately after the switch or within 31 days after your switch and then again 31 days after that? Confused, keep hearing conflicting info, should read t&cs really lol. My switch took place yesterday 6th and I won't be able to credit until 30th which is within 31 days, do I need to credit beforehand?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 November 2017 at 9:48AM
    Options
    Same for me Northern Mum - only 1 of my DDs has gone over, the Tesco Bank ones showed on TSB side, but have no disappeared into thin air, so I've set them up again.
    lala9 wrote: »
    Do you have to credit your account immediately after the switch or within 31 days after your switch and then again 31 days after that? Confused, keep hearing conflicting info, should read t&cs really lol. My switch took place yesterday 6th and I won't be able to credit until 30th which is within 31 days, do I need to credit beforehand?

Nope just within 31 days, then within the following 31 days. You can credit immediately if you want, but obviously if you're using it genuinely (not sweeping money from account to account) some people aren't paid until last day of the month/last working day/last friday etc!

Be very careful as to what constitutes each 31 day period though.... I think it would have been easier to say "credit £1,000 before the end of the calendar month following your switch... and a further £1,000 the calendar month after that".

e.g. if you switch 5/11 you have until 31/12 to credit (because you might only be paid on the 1st) and then until 31/1 to credit again. If somebody credits on say 30/11 & 2/12, then not again until February, they've actually not met the requirements. Not sure if it's intentional, I doubt it because the terms are fairly easy to comply with compared to some hoops you must jump through.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure