PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• FairyPrincessk
    Options
    Morning all,

Feeling quite tired today as we had a tough evening last night. We'd just finished eating when OH noticed a missed call from his mum. His sister was just driving her and his dad to hospital after some test results from FIL came back with alarming results. OH drove over to Manchester immediately and got there just as he was getting settled into a private room. They initially thought it was going to be very serious and then decided to do more tests and wait the night, so we're still not quite sure what it is or how serious. OH drove his mum home and got home around 11. He should be arriving at work around now, worried and on very little sleep. Fortunately he didn't think he was going to have any tough cases to negotiate with clearing today. A few to do, but nothing that he thought was going to break hearts or ruin lives so that is something. He'll head over to the hospital as soon as he finishes with work and meet his mum for visiting hours. We're hoping for results today, but the hospital said it would likely be Friday before we know much.

I'll try to get on with work this morning and then I'll go out and get a portion of the shop on foot and try to rejig the menus to be a bit more flexible as well as getting some snacks in for OH if he has to spend time at the hospital this weekend.

Fuddle, I'm glad you've triumphed. Go forth and grow things!
    Burtha, I hope you're hanging in there.

Hugs to all who need them.x
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Whilst we are on the subject of books, for those who like vampires and werewolves there is our very own Lyssa Medana who has written 3 books I think, The Forgotten Village, Digging up the Past and Dinner at Dark.
    The stories aren't too scary and funny in places.

Fuddle, I'm glad you have some allies on the allotment.

The rain was drumming on the roof at midnight last night and carried on for some time, it's still very overcast, I think we will move on to Henley today.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    FUDS at the end of the season cut out most of the old wood to ground level and leave 5 good new looking canes on each plant which you cut back to about 9" to 12" from ground level. they will overwinter nicely and next season you'll get lovely new growth and a fine crop of raspberries. We bought them as Autumn fruiters but have always been picking from July onwards and even one year still going in quantity in November. Never worry about them, they're hardy beasts but if you DO think it will be too cold for them give them a mulch with straw/grass cuttings (if you can get them)/compost from the compost bin/ hay from the bunny cage and that will give them the protection they need to thrive and make it through to next year.

We pressed out 28 and a half litres of apple juice yesterday, goodness me how fab is that?
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh dear FPk What a worry :( I hope there will be some answers today xx

fuds That's great news re another lady on the allotments :j

burtha thinking of you xx

monnagran
    :eek: at Dora having eaten most of the apple tree!

Hester I take it that's Wannabe Sybil :D
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    28 litres of pure juice?! I am shocked, that's a staggering amount.Well done you, well done those apples.
  • FairyPrincessk
    Options
    28 litres of juice! What a raid (and a lot of work!)

No word on FIL yet. I expect we may have a 'there is no news yet' update soon as OH should be heading over to the hospital soon for visiting hours. There was some talk last night of moving him onto the ward today. Although perhaps less comfortable for FIL than the private room I think everyone would be a bit relieved if they did as we all took it as a sign that things were very bad indeed if they were sparing a private room for him.

I've finished my work for today-I probably should have done more but knew I wouldn't concentrate and I need to stop early to get the shop in so just gave myself one full and complete task to do. Feeling quite tired so when shop and chores are done I may just sit and knit or read. Hopefully we'll have news by then, I do hope so.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    FPk I hope the news is good when you get some feedback . Sending warm wishes to FIL and all the family .

Day 2 of a big sciatic flare for both DD and I . She hasn't slept for two days so hopefully exhaustion will finally give her some respite . The seriously strong meds are barely taking the edge off hers . I'm not too bad now. Have had to rearrange her two weekly Drs appt which was booked for tomorrow morning and will now be next week .
    It's very hot and humid and I suspect it's triggered the flare .
    I have to make a trip to town tomorrow to the Pharmacy and do a few other bits . If anyone would care to sing the "Manchester Song" to bring on the rain it would be welcome .
    Take care all and hugs to burtha and any who need one .
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Hugs to FPK.
    Yes Ivyleaf it is.
    Well after an overcast start it's been glorious today, we've got all the way to Sonning and are guests of Uri Geller, the mooring overnight is £10 and it all goes to charity.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    FPK I hope you have good news soon. Will be thinking of you. Hugs.
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A day of inceasing traffic chaos here. Firstly a farmer let a field of sheep out just as I approached so I had to wait for 10 mins while they trotted along the road some way to their new field. Made me late for work :(
    Then several busy roads round the nearby town are closed for roadworks, at the same time! Consequently the remaining roads are overloaded and travellers are struggling to find their way round the blocks (almost no diversion signs! ).
    Finally, a txt from DH to say he is stuck in the M6 chaos, northbound is closed in North Cheshire.

Ugggh.

Planning on staying home tomorrow to avoid the roads!
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure