Ford Money

Options
Has anyone put money into any of Ford Money's savings accounts? Just looking for feedback, good or bad. Rates seem pretty good, I'd just like to know that it's all ' legit' and safe !!

Comments

• OldMusicGuy
    OldMusicGuy Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Legit and safe, easy to use. We currently have a six figure sum "resting" (as Father Ted would say) in our Ford Money account before it gets allocated to other things. I use it as a convenient way parking cash (without having to fulfil account conditions like on our 1-2-3 account) that at least gets some interest.
  • Riff_Raff
    Riff_Raff Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No problems at all, nice clean website. I have their limited edition regular saver from last year (maturing soon) and for convenience I opened a Flexible Saver to keep cash in temporarily when other regular savers mature (not the absolute best rate at but close enough).
  • Placitasgirl
    Options
    Another happy Ford Money saver here... opened two accounts when they launched last year and have had no issues whatsoever. Customer Service team are extremely pleasant and helpful if needed, I like the website/platform and would certainly have no hesitation in recommending them.
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    It is run by Newcastle Building society.

The only down side is that transfers in and out are usually actioned the next working day. They operate the old "Building Society" model whereby your account doesnt get its own Sort Code and Account Number, instead money is directed to a single holding account and you put your own reference number to identify your account.

I still have their 4% regular saver which ends next month,
  • Hazelcroft18
    Options
    Oh I wondered if it was kind of 'out-sourced'. That's interesting to know, Thanks again
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    IIRC more of a limitation is that deposits & w/d must come/go from/to your nominated account.
  • kidmugsy
    kidmugsy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    greenglide wrote: »
    It is run by Newcastle Building society.

The Newcastle used to run a BMW account we had. We thought it a fine joke because we, or at least I, think BMW cars preposterously overpriced compared to better built, more reliable, Oriental brands.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    They also ran Icesave in days gone past!

At that time they had an office block of their own which ended up half empty when Icesave collapsed. They still occupy just half of it and a lot of the rest is still empty.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Another Ford Money user here, Regular saver (maturing next month) and flexible saver, slow to receive money not instant but internal transfer is okay.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have some £250 p/mth ISAs with them. Were these just 12 month jobs or can I carry on paying in beyond 12 mths ??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure