Ford Money

Options

Comments

• Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 27 April 2018 at 3:12PM
    Options
    I suppose I'm just checking that other people have money with them....it's a bit daunting just dealing online...I always have this "what if it's all a scam and someone runs off with my money" thought!!

We've all been there and you're being sensible.

Would recommend that you acquaint yourself with the deposit information.

I took out some of the high interest savings accounts offered last May. I'm still deciding what to do with my FM maturity funds when they are available.
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    edited 27 April 2018 at 3:11PM
    Options
    Mee wrote: »
    Would recommend that you acquaint yourself with the deposit info

From that page
    When deposits will show in your account

If you make your deposit by 4pm on a business day, that deposit will show on your account on the next business day. (A business day means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or English public holiday.)

If you miss this deadline, or make the deposit on a non-business day, you can expect your money to show up in your Ford Money account!two!business days later.

For example, a deposit made at any time from 4pm on Friday until 4pm on Monday (assuming no bank holidays) will appear on Tuesday. If this deposit is made any later on the Monday it will show on your account on Wednesday.

Note that we!!!8217;ll still apply interest from the day you made your deposit, regardless of whether it was a business day or not.

Huh? When did this change? Deposits used to show on the account on the same working day if made before early afternoon and the next working day if not.

Edit: it's OK, T&C still say deposits will show on account same working day if made before 4pm or next working day if after.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    And there was me thinking they had simply changed the cut off time from 3 p.m to 4 p.m.????
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My regular saver matured today and has disappeared from my online list, just waiting for the funds to be transferred.

I doubt they will be in the regular saver game again after the oversubscription last year.

Just a waiting game now

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Same here and bumping this thread so the RS thread doesn't get cluttered.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Whilst the money hasn't arrived in my nominated account yet I've just received the following email:

Dear V.i.,

Your Ford Money account has now matured and as per your instructions we have closed your account and transferred the matured funds to your Nominated Account.

We'll be sending out your closed account statement separately.

Thanks for saving with us and I hope you will consider us for your savings needs in the future.

Yours sincerely
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    Whilst the money hasn't arrived in my nominated account yet I've just received the following email:
    It won't be in your nominated account until mid to late morning tomorrow, in case you were expecting it today.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Dear V.i.,

Your Ford Money account has now matured and as per your instructions we have closed your account and transferred the matured funds to your Nominated Account.

We'll be sending out your closed account statement separately.

Thanks for saving with us and I hope you will consider us for your savings needs in the future.

Yours sincerely

Got the same. Hoping it will be in my account later today.
  • Cash-Strapped.T32
    Options
    Mine matures on the 6th of June - I think I'm going to let it automatically go into an instant saver.

I tend to subscribe to the "many pots" theory for my cash savings, so even at a measley 1.something percent, I can find a use for another instant saver, even if it's only for a few quid.

I'm starting a SIPP this year alongside my company pension so once the instant saver is up & running I'll likely drop the balance into the SIPP to start it off and leave a handful of quids in the instant saver to keep it open just to have a second institution to drop some savings into in case I need it. :cool:

If anyone else who's account matures before mine is just leaving the money to mature & drop into an instant saver, if you could report back on how quick the process is, I'd be grateful!
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AirlieBird wrote: »
    It won't be in your nominated account until mid to late morning tomorrow, in case you were expecting it today.
    How do you know?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport