Ford Money

Options

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    castle96 wrote: »
    I have some £250 p/mth ISAs with them. Were these just 12 month jobs or can I carry on paying in beyond 12 mths ??
    My recollection is that both their regular saver products (ISA and non-ISA) were 12 month terms, but no doubt some posters on here will be desperate to try their luck and see what happens, regardless of what the Ts & Cs say!
  • Cash-Strapped.T32
    Options
    Iirc from the message I got from them, when the reg-saver matures the account becomes whatever flexible saver issue they have out at the time - so your "account" remains in place, but it become a low-interest, instant access acct.

That's what I expect to happen to mine in early June.
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    14 days before maturity you will be asked to choose your maturity option which will be either to transfer to your nominated account or transfer to another Ford Money account. If you don't choose an option it will be transferred into an easy access account or for the ISA an easy access ISA.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • where_are_we
    where_are_we Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Strangely they have no regular saver products to replace the two old 4% regular savers maturing soon - perhaps a chance of a new offering? Their savings products are reasonably competitive but I can get better rates elsewhere so I will move all but £1 when the 4% regular saver matures and so remain a customer for future offerings. When my 4% regular saver ISA matures I will transfer it to my S&S ISA.
  • eskbanker
    Options
    Strangely they have no regular saver products to replace the two old 4% regular savers maturing soon - perhaps a chance of a new offering?
    It's not strange - those who opened regular savers with Ford last May will perhaps recall that Ford were underprepared and oversubscribed, so both products were pulled from sale within days and it's far from a surprise that they haven't gone back to regular saver business since then!
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    yeah, remember it well. Opened about 5 ISAs and 5 RS. Have ended up with 1 RS and 3 ISAs. Good 4% while it lasted
  • eskbanker
    Options
    yeah, remember it well. Opened about 5 ISAs and 5 RS.
    ....which obviously contributed to the oversubscription and ultimately withdrawal of their regular saver products!
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I should have left it for everyone else to do, and not do it myself ........
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i should have left it for everyone else to do, and not do it myself ........

#2018.....
  • Hazelcroft18
    Options
    I suppose I'm just checking that other people have money with them....it's a bit daunting just dealing online...I always have this "what if it's all a scam and someone runs off with my money" thought!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure