Symbio Energy feedback

Options

Comments

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Benight wrote: »
    Well if they won't let you transfer tariffs, switch away (as they have no exit fees - ensuring what you switch to also has no exit fees) and then switch back to the new lower tariff :money:

I'm sure they will soon learn...

My plan B is to switch away if they will not allow me to transfer and will probably go to Bulb and then once I get the £50 bonus from them will switch back again.
  • MABLE
    Options
    One month on, and that term is still there, so presumably they think thay can

I can only advise what they told me. Also I have this in writing from the account manager that a smart meter is not mandatory.
  • Benight
    Benight Posts: 418 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    I can only advise what they told me. Also I have this in writing from the account manager that a smart meter is not mandatory.

Maybe it doesn't apply to you, but I am alerting other readers that the term is still there

They should also consider term N6 that states:
    6. This contract contains all the terms agreed by the parties relating to the subject matter of this contract. No variation or amendment to the contract shall be effective unless agreed in writing by us, as notified to you....
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    New terms and conditions are sent to you when you request a transfer to them

At bottom of section a is this new clause

8. Symbio Energy is currently not offering services of Smart Metering Solutions. The company is currently in the process of implementing and supporting the government
    scheme of offering our customers with Smart Meter Solutions. The company anticipates that we will offer this service by September 2019. If you currently have a Smart
    Meter then the company can operate this as a ‘dumb meter’ and take monthly reads and then switch this back to a Smart Tariff once the Smart Meter Solutions are
    active.
  • Tafrock
    edited 24 April 2019 at 3:07PM
    Options
    Also I had no joy getting put onto the new tariff but it's probably because I had requested it so late in day yesterday and my switch finalised at midnight

I'm not that bothered as its only a tenner a year or something similar for me

Found the portal a bit clunky on a mobile but I managed to get there in the end and provide a reading.

Didn't bother with taking a photo malarkey just entered it as I would normally and its been accepted

They are a new company. I expect quirks at the beginning

Website was updated yesterday with a whole host of qs and as

Here's the link https://symbioenergy.co.uk/faq/
  • Benight
    First Post
    edited 24 April 2019 at 3:07PM
    Options
    So some people get amended terms and conditions after signing up
    Some people get an email waiving a term within their published terms and conditions
    Some people may get neither?

If this supplier cannot even keep their terms and conditions up to date on their website, then it doesn't bode well for their future...

Think I'll give them a miss until they get their act together a bit more

There have been 11 other suppliers with quirks I could mention ;)
  • MABLE
    Options
    Maybe it doesn't apply to you, but I am alerting other readers that the term is still there

They should also consider term N6 that states:

I hardly think they are going to give me preferential treatment over their over customers.
  • Benight
    First Post
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    I hardly think they are going to give me preferential treatment over their over customers.

Well they have, unless the account manager is writing to each and every customer with the save T&C waiver.

And they are not, as another customer has had a different treatment.

Seems like they are making it up as they go along... :cool:
  • Tafrock
    Options
    Well so far I'm on the cheapest provider there is and I'm happy.

I was well aware what I signed up to. I'll give them a chance if things don't work out ill move away. Im not tied into a contract

Good to see this discussion gathering speed

Keep the feedback coming folks
  • Tafrock
    Options
    May I ask who you are currently with benight
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income