Tandem Bank credit card woes

Options

Comments

• 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Just to say that I applied for a tandem credit card and it arrived within a few days have just spent a week in Brussels used it everywhere there - pay by tap and occasionally entering pin the Sterling amount immediately popping up on my phone no problems whatsoever
  • bubieyehyeh
    Options
    I've had no major problems with Tandem, its now my regular card. The app was crap initially but that is now sorted to my satisfaction. The few times I've contacted the support with relatively simple questions, I've got back clear replies that answered my questions.

It may not suit some people, but its working well for me.
  • valmiki
    valmiki Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quick question, with Tandem can you use the paper bill to pay it off at your local bank? Can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Thanks
  • jimroy
    jimroy Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    valmiki wrote: »
    Quick question, with Tandem can you use the paper bill to pay it off at your local bank? Can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Thanks

Yes you can. There's a Bank Giro Credit slip at the bottom of the last page of the paper statement.
  • jimroy
    jimroy Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ABRDF wrote: »
    Just a quick further update;

1. On line statements have now been available for two weeks, you can go back to all of the previous statements, they appear immediatlyon

2. Ability to freeze card is now on the app under manage your card

It's also important to note that these new features are only currently available via the iOS app. Not via the Android app.
  • valmiki
    valmiki Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jimroy wrote: »
    Yes you can. There's a Bank Giro Credit slip at the bottom of the last page of the paper statement.

Brill, thank you!
  • SandyCat
    Options
    I've not been able to access the app since changing my 'phone last June. Customer service no help, just keep saying they will get back to me very soon but they never do. Letters of complaint go unanswered. I have now given up with them and stopped using the card. Shame as it could have been a good product if they got themselves sorted out.
  • r2mahara
    Options
    Despite all the negative comments - I've been using Tandem for a month and have had no issues at all. The app does everything I want, and I'm earning cashback where previously I wasn't.
  • niktheguru
    niktheguru Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Guys how long did you find between getting application approved and receiving your card?
  • john1002
    john1002 Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Took around 5 workings days in total to get both card and pin, very quick compared to other card providers.

John
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport