IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter Before Claim - UKPPO

Options

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    No, they normally answer quickly and without fuss
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Am I right in thinking that the DVLA usually bounce you from pillar to post in regards to getting this kind of information?

It's the DVLA trying to be "proper".

What it is saying is that they can neither confirm or deny the information exists to someone who has not identified themselves.

If you identify yourself and do a Subject Access Request then it all follows through.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Perhaps this is the letter you should send:
    DVLA Vehicle Record Enquiries section
    Longview Road
    Morriston
    Swansea
    SA99 1AJ

Dear Sirs

Re: VRM AB12 XYZ

As the Registered Keeper of the above VRM could you advise who has accessed my personal details with regards to this marque, how often and when did the DVLA send the keeper details out. also by what method (form) and reason. Please advise the information with regards to events between xx/xx/xx/ and xx/xx/xx.

I understand there is no charge for this information and look forward to your speedy reply.

Yours faithfully
    (thanks to Pappa Golf for that template)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Why don't you email Karen the version I wrote, now, for her to see in the morning?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Elmo111
    Elmo111 Posts: 76 Forumite
    edited 25 April 2018 at 9:49PM
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Why don't you email Karen the version I wrote, now, for her to see in the morning?

Done and done Coupon-mad - no response as I'd imagined, as everything is just filed (supposedly) from here on out.

Today was the day that Karen said she'd issue the claim through money claim online, so I'd assume I wait for something in the post that looks like a serious legal document - dreading it, as you'd imagine.

One thing I'm curious about here is the possibility of, if this does go to the courts, that UKPPO could quite easily create a counterfeit compliant looking NTK for each parking charge notice and use that as evidence; of course I'd asked THREE times for this information, to which Karen ignored each time.

@KeithP - Thank you for that! Sent this morning first class - hopefully the time scale for a reply shouldn't be too long!
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The fact they didnt supply it before raising the claim would make it look dodgy.
  • Elmo111
    Options
    Morning all,

This morning I received the necessary information from the DVLA regarding how many times UKPPO accessed vehicle information - it looks like they accessed it within the 28-56 day time frame on each supposed contravention.

Karen stated she'd issue court summons via MCO on the 25th of April - it's now the 1st May and I've yet to hear anything.

Any thoughts or opinions on the matter of course, greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Wait and see what she does. A claim would be the first UKPPO one I can remember, ever!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A claim would be the first UKPPO one I can remember, ever!

They've done some through MIL - default CCJ.
  • Elmo111
    Options
    What's MIL? And to my understanding, doesn't a CCJ appear when you're taken to court and don't show? Or similarly, when you're taken to court, lose and not pay?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure