IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter Before Claim - UKPPO

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Elmo111
    Elmo111 Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    All set and ready for tomorrow!

I've got my WS printed with notes made, including their WS and LOTS of notes and comments too.

I actually missed to mention in my WS their incorrect quote of mine from an email, but I'm sure I could mention it during the hearing tomorrow.

Any further tips before it all goes ahead?!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Any further tips before it all goes ahead?!

Get there at least half an hour early. Check out the parking logistics around the court in advance (don't cop for another ticket!).

Smartly dressed - suit/jacket and tie, or as minimum, smart casual (with matching shoes!). Give the Primark joggers and the Rab C Nesbit grubby string vest and sweatband a day off! Swerve Wetherspoon until after the hearing.

Don't accept anything handed to you by the other side in the waiting room - politely refuse. Address the Judge as 'Sir' or 'Ma'am'.

And, finally, good luck, please do come back and update us - whatever the result. We are all behind you.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I cannot see any mention of a Costs Schedule?

Also take a pay slip or some other proof of lost earnings when you win.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    any news ?
  • Elmo111
    Elmo111 Posts: 76 Forumite
    edited 1 July 2019 at 10:32AM
    Options
    Hi all,

Unfortunately I'll have to report a loss. I'll post my findings and recall what I can some time in the coming weeks - ultimately it seems that because the area in question was gated, UKPPO were effectively allowed to issue a ticket with minimal, if no grace period at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure