IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter Before Claim - UKPPO

Options

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Unless they have then the court won't be arranging a hearing! A hearing has to first be paid for (by the claimant before a date is arranged!)
  • Elmo111
    Elmo111 Posts: 76 Forumite
    edited 10 December 2018 at 2:20PM
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Unless they have then the court won't be arranging a hearing! A hearing has to first be paid for (by the claimant before a date is arranged!)

That was exactly my thoughts! So the information from the gent at MCOL was false? I'm still confused as to why he would tell me that. He also said "It looks like there has been no movement on this since the directions questionnaire form was received."

I did ask if it was the Claimant that would be progressing the claim, and that's when he stated he'd raise it with a manager to get a court date arranged.
  • Quentin
    Options
    Maybe he discovered the Claimant did progress the claim and the fault lies with the court not progressing their request??
  • Elmo111
    Options
    Maybe he discovered the Claimant did progress the claim and the fault lies with the court not progressing their request??

So that's actually a possibility? Is this not negligence of sorts on the courts behalf?

It would've been 6 months on the 21st of December, since my Defence was received by the courts.
  • Quentin
    Options
    There's no set length of time between the issue of a claim and a hearing, but always months rather than weeks!
  • Elmo111
    Options
    There's no set length of time between the issue of a claim and a hearing, but always months rather than weeks!

Cool - I actually thought that if I'd had no contact within the 6 month period of the defence being sent, then it's just put to one side/thrown out.

I do wonder what was the point in the courts asking my availability for the last six months...if they don't actually action it till after.
  • Elmo111
    edited 29 May 2019 at 8:25PM
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Letters came through the post this morning regarding a court date - JUNE!

It states that the claimant must pay £80 (or file a properly completed application?) before late May, or the claim will be struck out.

So finally after more than 6 months of waiting, I've got a date!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    When do you have to file & serve the WS and evidence by? Sometimes it's much sooner.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Elmo111
    edited 29 May 2019 at 8:25PM
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    When do you have to file & serve the WS and evidence by? Sometimes it's much sooner.

Hi Coupon-Mad!

According to the letter from the CC, the WS and evidence has to be served fourteen days before the hearing (11th June).

UKPPO have up until the 28th May to pay the trial fee of £80, or file a properly completed application. (whatever that means?)

I've not received anything from UKPPO since June last year.

Thanks!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OK, diarise your date and let sleeping dogs lie, hoping THEY miss the deadline but make sure you do not!

No forgetting about it or expecting to hear something first. You do your bit properly and in time.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure