IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter Before Claim - UKPPO

Options

Comments

• Elmo111
    Elmo111 Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    OK, diarise your date and let sleeping dogs lie, hoping THEY miss the deadline but make sure you do not!

No forgetting about it or expecting to hear something first. You do your bit properly and in time.

:)

Hi Coupon-Mad, it appears that UKPPO have paid the £80 court fee.

From here I submit my witness statement, bundle of evidence?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Elmo111 wrote: »
    From here I submit my witness statement, bundle of evidence?
    Yes, of course.

Follow the guidance offered in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread.

Do not miss your target date.
  • Elmo111
    Options
    I'll post my WS here for some possible changes necessary and feedback.

Thank you!
  • Elmo111
    Options
    Just a quick one - am I right in thinking that I should've already seen the witness statement or defence statement from UKPPO at this point?
  • KeithP
    edited 29 May 2019 at 8:15PM
    Options
    Elmo111 wrote: »
    Just a quick one - am I right in thinking that I should've already seen the witness statement or defence statement from UKPPO at this point?
    The Claimant does not produce a Defence - that's the Defendant's job. The Claimant produced the Particulars of Claim.

Both the Claimant and Defendant have the same target date for filing and serving their Witness Statement.

Re-read the letter from the court which included something like:
    Each party must deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than [ . . . ] [14 days before the hearing].
  • Elmo111
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    The Claimant does not produce a Defence - that's the Defendant's job. The Claimant produced the Particulars of Claim.

Both the Claimant and Defendant have the same target date for filing and serving their Witness Statement.

I see - you could say I'm a bit on edge to say the time constraints now in place, UKPPO apparently only paid the court fee 6 days ago, which means that I'm now left with only 12 days before the 11th June to get the WS and evidence to the courts.

After reading my current witness statement it seems lacking in tonnes of detail, comparing to others I've seen in post 2 on the newbies thread.
  • KeithP
    Options
    Back in January you told us you had a court dated fixed.

By now surely you are well on the way gathering your evidence and writing your Witness Statement.

Earlier today you said:
    I'll post my WS here for some possible changes necessary and feedback.

When does your WS and evidence have to be filed?
  • Elmo111
    edited 29 May 2019 at 8:44PM
    Options

Back in January you told us you had a court dated fixed.

By now surely you are well on the way gathering your evidence and writing your Witness Statement.

Earlier today you said:

When does your WS and evidence have to be filed?

The WS and evidence has to be filed by the 11th June. The WS is 75% complete, but looking at it now I feel that it's lacking in a lot of detail.

I should've really posted it back in April when I'd finished the majority of it and asked for feedback then, but for now I'm kicking myself.

After ringing the courts on a daily basis till the start of May checking if the fee had been paid, I'd disappointingly lifted my foot off the gas.
  • Elmo111
    Options
    Tomorrow I'll take some serious time to organise how my points come across in my WS, and will post accordingly.

I'm annoyed at myself for slowing down, but onwards and upwards and I look forward to seeing what you all think!

Many thanks,
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,806 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It's fine - you have loads of time.

You could draft a WS in one evening if you set your mind to it, then show us a draft and a list of the evidence you are relying on, and we'll comment to help.

But do wait to file & serve the finished article until the day before, in the hope of being able to add to it by demolishing their own WS and evidence if it arrives in time.

You can see loads of examples of this on the forum, by searching something like:

witness statement demolish

or

Kumari

or

Roch

...the last two are names from court cases BW Legal quote in their template WS, and reading cases where someone has ALREADY taken it apart will show you how easy it is, and will save us having to type the same old stuff again!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure