Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • swindiff
    • By swindiff 6th Oct 18, 10:13 AM
    • 518Posts
    • 277Thanks
    swindiff
    TSB complaint. Compensation offered.
    • 6th Oct 18, 10:13 AM
    TSB complaint. Compensation offered. 6th Oct 18 at 10:13 AM
    Finally have letters from TSB confirming compensation payout after their disastrous IT upgrade back in April.

I simply filled out the automated complaint for mine and my wife's accounts using the resolver website.

The hilarious thing is that I have received 75 Compensation and my wife 50. Is this sexism from TSB

We have had a laugh about it this morning and are happy with the compensation but the wife will be calling on Monday to find out why she isn't getting the same compensation as me for what was exactly the same complaint.
Page 3
    • molerat
    • By molerat 2nd Jan 19, 12:44 PM
    • 20,751 Posts
    • 15,018 Thanks
    molerat
    25 just appeared in my account, marked as FP but no reference. I assume this is compensation for my complaint which was very minor.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • BodyOfBones
    • By BodyOfBones 2nd Jan 19, 1:01 PM
    • 258 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    BodyOfBones
    I made a complaint on day 3 of the meltdown because I was unable to pay a bill of 1200 from my account. I ended up borrowing the money from my brother to pay the bill. I was able to get back onto my account on day 6 by getting up at 05:30 and getting onto my account on the 5 or 6th attempt about 0615.

I had a holding reply about 5 weeks later and then heard nothing till 7th of November when I received a phone call to confirm the details of my complaint. Not happy because of length of time of complaint and the person I spoke to said he would make a decision based on our conversation. When I asked how long that would take he said 3 weeks. That was my breaking point. I then got rather loud but never lost my temper saying how unacceptable it was.

My next contact was another phone call, this time a lady who wanted to ask some more questions. I pointed out that the last person had said 3 weeks and it was now December 4th so 1 day short of 4 weeks. To cut a long story short I said that if this was not sorted within a week or they sent me a deadlock letter so I could go to the regulator I would go into a branch and basically loose it.

2 days later I had 250 plus 50

In submitting the complaint and 2 phone calls it was around 75 minutes of my time. I had no additional costs.

All I was only looking for was an apology and about 30 so I gave 250 to charity.
    • No_6
    • By No_6 2nd Jan 19, 9:04 PM
    • 817 Posts
    • 161 Thanks
    No_6
    well done BofB
    • molerat
    • By molerat 4th Jan 19, 10:22 AM
    • 20,751 Posts
    • 15,018 Thanks
    molerat
    25 just appeared in my account, marked as FP but no reference. I assume this is compensation for my complaint which was very minor.
    Originally posted by molerat
    Another holding letter received today so what was the random 25 for ?
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 4th Jan 19, 11:56 AM
    • 10,736 Posts
    • 31,538 Thanks
    EachPenny
    Your Christmas bonus courtesy of the TSB complaints team?
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • molerat
    • By molerat 7th Jan 19, 1:07 PM
    • 20,751 Posts
    • 15,018 Thanks
    molerat
    Final resolution letter received today. They do not uphold the complaint but the 25 was for the time taken to come to that decision. No point in taking it any further as the 25 is way more than any financial loss, the complaint was more over procedure which is no longer relevant anyway.
    • Elvie100
    • By Elvie100 7th Jan 19, 6:00 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    Elvie100
    After making a complaint in June and several holding letters later, I have now been given a sum of money to rectify the missing amount, plus compensation. They sent me a text and a letter is on they way.
    • jjmmww1
    • By jjmmww1 13th Jan 19, 7:15 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    jjmmww1
    After putting a complaint in June 2018 heard back Friday about it finally being resolved and would hear back in a few weeks about compensation. Wonder what i'll get looks like they spin the wheel and you get what it lands on
    • beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 14th Jan 19, 11:31 AM
    • 803 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    beefturnmail
    Just tried to use TSB internet banking. It's still painfully slow and flaky (slow, constant timeouts, requests not working properly - I can only make internal transfers, so can't get my compensation payment out!). How can anyone actually use this as an actual day-to-day current account (I'm just operating the accounts as savings accounts to get the 5% interest)? Is anyone still doing so?!

Also - when my wife logged in to her accounts after me to do the same, it 'remembered' the amounts I had just transferred in the autofill - a potential security/privacy issue?
    Last edited by beefturnmail; 14-01-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    • pramsay13
    • By pramsay13 14th Jan 19, 11:39 AM
    • 758 Posts
    • 1,151 Thanks
    pramsay13
    Also - when my wife logged in to her accounts after me to do the same, it 'remembered' the amounts I had just transferred in the autofill - a potential security/privacy issue?
    Originally posted by beefturnmail
    The issue is that you will have asked / allowed your browser to autofill but no real security issue as no-one else would be able to get to that stage unless you have stored passwords on shared computer etc.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 14th Jan 19, 11:47 AM
    • 4,707 Posts
    • 3,074 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    Originally posted by beefturnmail
    Don't use the same browser or profile as each other
    • Mnd
    • By Mnd 17th Jan 19, 12:53 PM
    • 1,235 Posts
    • 1,860 Thanks
    Mnd
    On the original IT confusion, I had an apparantly fairly insignificant problem, as they failed to take a direct debit to pay my TSB credit card. This meant that I lost a months interest on my Lloyd current account ( about 9). I did ask for this to be reimbursed and today they have credited my account with 309.00.
    I think that is more than fair.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 17th Jan 19, 1:30 PM
    • 10,356 Posts
    • 12,605 Thanks
    eskbanker
    On the original IT confusion, I had an apparantly fairly insignificant problem, as they failed to take a direct debit to pay my TSB credit card. This meant that I lost a months interest on my Lloyd current account ( about 9). I did ask for this to be reimbursed and today they have credited my account with 309.00.
    I think that is more than fair.
    Originally posted by Mnd
    I think 'more than fair' is something of an understatement!

If you were literally seeking reimbursement of 9 of direct costs and they've decided to throw in an extra 300 purely as compensation for distress and inconvenience then that seems well out of line with expectations, or were there any consequential impacts that needed to be sorted, such as removal of late payment markers on credit files, etc?
    • Mnd
    • By Mnd 17th Jan 19, 3:44 PM
    • 1,235 Posts
    • 1,860 Thanks
    Mnd
    No, it was their credit card, they wrote to me and told me they failed to take the payment and assured me there was no interest or charges would be levied and that was what happened.it's a 0% card so the direct debit wasn't taken from my Lloyds account, which meant that I didn't get any interest that month, that's where the 9 came in. That's all I asked for.

It was 9 months ago approximately and I have had several letters thanking me for my patience, and today I received a text to say the complaint had been actioned and payment made to my account.
    There were 3 separate payments. 9, 50, 250.

Extremely generous in my opinion..I would have been happy with 59
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 17th Jan 19, 4:27 PM
    • 5,005 Posts
    • 7,735 Thanks
    Nick_C
    I think 'more than fair' is something of an understatement!

If you were literally seeking reimbursement of 9 of direct costs and they've decided to throw in an extra 300 purely as compensation for distress and inconvenience then that seems well out of line with expectations, or were there any consequential impacts that needed to be sorted, such as removal of late payment markers on credit files, etc?
    Originally posted by eskbanker
    I got 275, purely for distress and inconvenience. I think a lot of it was pot luck as to who the investigator was, and how effective people have been at putting their case across.
    • jjmmww1
    • By jjmmww1 24th Jan 19, 6:45 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    jjmmww1
    just got mine got 50 + 100 so not to bad happy with that
    • Moneybear
    • By Moneybear 25th Jan 19, 8:40 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    Moneybear
    This evening I have noticed I have received 100 and 50 as faster payments in. I assume like others this will be my compensation!
    I made my complaint during the smaller melt down in September so wonder if that was anything to do with it. I did mention that I didn't complain in April as it was inconvenient but I didn't miss anything. But the second time made me completely lose trust with the bank.

I am happy with the amount given so all sorted on my side. Let's just see how long 5% hangs around for!
    • tebthereb
    • By tebthereb 26th Jan 19, 5:27 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    tebthereb
    I received confirmation of 1,150 compensation today. This seems a lot higher than others have mentioned her. As anyone else heard of similar amounts being awarded?
    • masonic
    • By masonic 26th Jan 19, 5:38 PM
    • 11,733 Posts
    • 9,372 Thanks
    masonic
    I received confirmation of 1,150 compensation today. This seems a lot higher than others have mentioned her. As anyone else heard of similar amounts being awarded?
    Originally posted by tebthereb
    No I haven't, you've done well. Was the impact of the problems on you particularly severe?
    • tebthereb
    • By tebthereb 27th Jan 19, 5:55 AM
    • 108 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    tebthereb
    I suppose perhaps so... the point I made to them was that I was trying to remortgage at the time and that not being able to make payments of bills etc. had an effect on this.

The cost of the remortgage issue is hard to measure/prove so I was pleasantly surprised by the response!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,731Posts Today

8,318Users online

Martin's Twitter