Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

TSB complaint. Compensation offered.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
63 replies 13.4K views

Replies

• I made a complaint on day 3 of the meltdown because I was unable to pay a bill of £1200 from my account. I ended up borrowing the money from my brother to pay the bill. I was able to get back onto my account on day 6 by getting up at 05:30 and getting onto my account on the 5 or 6th attempt about 0615.

I had a holding reply about 5 weeks later and then heard nothing till 7th of November when I received a phone call to confirm the details of my complaint. Not happy because of length of time of complaint and the person I spoke to said he would make a decision based on our conversation. When I asked how long that would take he said 3 weeks. That was my breaking point. I then got rather loud but never lost my temper saying how unacceptable it was.

My next contact was another phone call, this time a lady who wanted to ask some more questions. I pointed out that the last person had said 3 weeks and it was now December 4th so 1 day short of 4 weeks. To cut a long story short I said that if this was not sorted within a week or they sent me a deadlock letter so I could go to the regulator I would go into a branch and basically loose it.

2 days later I had £250 plus £50

In submitting the complaint and 2 phone calls it was around 75 minutes of my time. I had no additional costs.

All I was only looking for was an apology and about £30 so I gave £250 to charity.
  • No_6No_6 Forumite
    835 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    well done BofB
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    24.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    molerat wrote: »
    £25 just appeared in my account, marked as FP but no reference. I assume this is compensation for my complaint which was very minor.
    Another holding letter received today so what was the random £25 for ?
  • EachPennyEachPenny Forumite
    12.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your Christmas bonus courtesy of the TSB complaints team? :rudolf:
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    24.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final resolution letter received today. They do not uphold the complaint but the £25 was for the time taken to come to that decision. No point in taking it any further as the £25 is way more than any financial loss, the complaint was more over procedure which is no longer relevant anyway.
  • Elvie100Elvie100 Forumite
    96 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    After making a complaint in June and several holding letters later, I have now been given a sum of money to rectify the missing amount, plus compensation. They sent me a text and a letter is on they way.
    MFW#60
  • jjmmww1jjmmww1 Forumite
    79 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts
    After putting a complaint in June 2018 heard back Friday about it finally being resolved and would hear back in a few weeks about compensation. Wonder what i'll get looks like they spin the wheel and you get what it lands on
    Mortgage 178,565/183,000

• edited 14 January 2019 at 1:50PM
    beefturnmailbeefturnmail Forumite
    833 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 14 January 2019 at 1:50PM
    Just tried to use TSB internet banking. It's still painfully slow and flaky (slow, constant timeouts, requests not working properly - I can only make internal transfers, so can't get my compensation payment out!). How can anyone actually use this as an actual day-to-day current account (I'm just operating the accounts as savings accounts to get the 5% interest)? Is anyone still doing so?!

Also - when my wife logged in to her accounts after me to do the same, it 'remembered' the amounts I had just transferred in the autofill - a potential security/privacy issue?
  • pramsay13pramsay13 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Also - when my wife logged in to her accounts after me to do the same, it 'remembered' the amounts I had just transferred in the autofill - a potential security/privacy issue?

The issue is that you will have asked / allowed your browser to autofill but no real security issue as no-one else would be able to get to that stage unless you have stored passwords on shared computer etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie

Don't use the same browser or profile as each other
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks

How to save on Sky, Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and more

MSE Guides

Pret subscription loophole

Get a month's worth of free smoothies, frappes, coffee etc

MSE Deals