Forum Home» Budgeting & Bank Accounts

TSB complaint. Compensation offered. - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

TSB complaint. Compensation offered.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
63 replies 13K views

Replies

• I made a complaint on day 3 of the meltdown because I was unable to pay a bill of £1200 from my account. I ended up borrowing the money from my brother to pay the bill. I was able to get back onto my account on day 6 by getting up at 05:30 and getting onto my account on the 5 or 6th attempt about 0615.

I had a holding reply about 5 weeks later and then heard nothing till 7th of November when I received a phone call to confirm the details of my complaint. Not happy because of length of time of complaint and the person I spoke to said he would make a decision based on our conversation. When I asked how long that would take he said 3 weeks. That was my breaking point. I then got rather loud but never lost my temper saying how unacceptable it was.

My next contact was another phone call, this time a lady who wanted to ask some more questions. I pointed out that the last person had said 3 weeks and it was now December 4th so 1 day short of 4 weeks. To cut a long story short I said that if this was not sorted within a week or they sent me a deadlock letter so I could go to the regulator I would go into a branch and basically loose it.

2 days later I had £250 plus £50

In submitting the complaint and 2 phone calls it was around 75 minutes of my time. I had no additional costs.

All I was only looking for was an apology and about £30 so I gave £250 to charity.
  • No_6No_6 Forumite
    835 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    well done BofB
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    23K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    molerat wrote: »
    £25 just appeared in my account, marked as FP but no reference. I assume this is compensation for my complaint which was very minor.
    Another holding letter received today so what was the random £25 for ?
  • EachPennyEachPenny Forumite
    12.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your Christmas bonus courtesy of the TSB complaints team? :rudolf:
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    23K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final resolution letter received today. They do not uphold the complaint but the £25 was for the time taken to come to that decision. No point in taking it any further as the £25 is way more than any financial loss, the complaint was more over procedure which is no longer relevant anyway.
  • Elvie100Elvie100 Forumite
    70 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    After making a complaint in June and several holding letters later, I have now been given a sum of money to rectify the missing amount, plus compensation. They sent me a text and a letter is on they way.
    MFW#60
  • jjmmww1jjmmww1 Forumite
    60 posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts
    After putting a complaint in June 2018 heard back Friday about it finally being resolved and would hear back in a few weeks about compensation. Wonder what i'll get looks like they spin the wheel and you get what it lands on
    Mortgage 181,625/183,000

• edited 14 January 2019 at 1:50PM
    beefturnmailbeefturnmail Forumite
    821 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 14 January 2019 at 1:50PM
    Just tried to use TSB internet banking. It's still painfully slow and flaky (slow, constant timeouts, requests not working properly - I can only make internal transfers, so can't get my compensation payment out!). How can anyone actually use this as an actual day-to-day current account (I'm just operating the accounts as savings accounts to get the 5% interest)? Is anyone still doing so?!

Also - when my wife logged in to her accounts after me to do the same, it 'remembered' the amounts I had just transferred in the autofill - a potential security/privacy issue?
  • pramsay13pramsay13 Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Also - when my wife logged in to her accounts after me to do the same, it 'remembered' the amounts I had just transferred in the autofill - a potential security/privacy issue?

The issue is that you will have asked / allowed your browser to autofill but no real security issue as no-one else would be able to get to that stage unless you have stored passwords on shared computer etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie

Don't use the same browser or profile as each other