Slipping Through My Fingers

Options

Comments

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ending today with a £5 cash out from Shoppix. I got 2 scratchcards and won 30 coins which took me over the threshold. :j I've been given a bonus for moving up a level and with the receipts from today I've already got 240/3200 coins. :T
  • Choccygirl123
    Choccygirl123 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've had a proper catch up on your diary tea and you're making good progress. Pots are looking good sbd I'm sure you'll smash that credit card.

All the comments about parents evening makes me laugh. Our children's are like speed dating. It's s fine in the hall and they project a huge clock over the stage. A sixth corner rings the bell every 3minutes. It's so stress and we seem to get behind parents who 3minutes of praise about their littke darling isn't enough and talk into our time. Grrrrrrr I can feel my blood pressure rising.

We got options evening coming up, but think that'll be s lot better as eldest has already decided. I know there's s couple of her teachers will be disappointed as she doesn't want to take their subjects.
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Glad you got youself some trainers and it was nice of you to buy the toiletries for the women's aid centre :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    Options
    @Choccy - even reading about the parents evening you describe brings me out in a cold sweat! I realise they want to get through everyone and not run late, but that seems horrific!

@tea - you're very generous, helping women's aid with toiletries. I could do more for charities so thanks for the inspiration.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • teafor2
    Options
    CG - it is like speed dating and probably just as horrid :rotfl: I have to make a real effort to go with the flow or my BP would be through the roof. I can't believe a bell gets rung at yours, that would make me do one of 2 things, panic or get a fit of the giggles - most probably the latter and DS would not be impressed :D DS already knows what he wants to take so we only went to those teachers. ;) x

HHD - fantastic news on your PPI - I posted mine off this morning but I very much doubt anything is coming my way so I'm sharing in your good news if that's OK. :) :T My new trainers are so comfy but not really waterproof so not much use at the moment with this weather! I've not donated to women's aid before but there's one near DD's uni so I'll be able to drop the things off quite easily. x

HG - parents evenings at primary are much nicer and more relaxed so enjoy them while you can :) I like to help out a few charities during the year here and there. I try to keep them local and the cynical side of me chooses ones that are just as happy to receive 'things' rather than money. x
  • teafor2
    Options
    Day 12/31, NSD's 5/15, Prolific £4.70 cleared, £0 pending, Cash for 8th-14th March £9.41.

Shopping day today - spent quite a bit on food and household stuff but all within the weekly budget. The only money that came out of my spends was £4.35 for coffee & tea.

I'm just having 10 minutes on here but I'm totally caught up in Parliament and Theresa May's impressive Dalek impression :rotfl: so MSE is taking a back seat today - don't tell Martin :D

Hope everybody is well. Xx
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    Options
    I also do more 'thing' based efforts for charity - donating unused toys and kids clothes to the baby bank which helps local families with young kids in crisis. And I donate semi regularly to the food bank too.

I'm completely ignoring what's going on in parliament right now! Picture an ostrich with their head stuck firmly in the sand. My poor brain can't take it.

I'm sure Martin won't mind - after all, brexit will likely affect your FINANCES so you're right be be building up your knowledge of what's going on :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • teafor2
    Options
    HG - That's really nice of you to donate toys and to the FB. I think sometimes it's a time thing of having to take stuff in rather than not actually wanting to do anything.

I'd much rather donate things. I doubt a CEO of any charity would want to siphon off my toiletry bag donations and unfortunately, I do wonder what money actually gets to the people it's supposed to help.

Day 13/31, NSD's 5/15, Prolific £4.70 cleared, £0 pending, Cash for 8th-14th March £9.41.

It's wet and very windy here today so I made an executive decision to stay indoors today apart from walking the dogs. That means a NSD for me to report later on. Also hoping for one tomorrow, so I should have some money left over to top up the pots on Friday.

It's been a morning of housework for me, but I'm going to sit down now, have a sandwich and watch a bit of TV.

Hope you all have a good day and manage to stay dry. Xx
  • teafor2
    Options
    Must add that my new trainers have had their first outing today. They are so comfy but oh my goodness they are noisy. It's really quiet where we live and I sound like a horse clip clopping along the road :eek: :rotfl: Hoping it's some sort of coating they've put on the sole that will wear off.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Must add that my new trainers have had their first outing today. They are so comfy but oh my goodness they are noisy. It's really quiet where we live and I sound like a horse clip clopping along the road :eek: :rotfl: Hoping it's some sort of coating they've put on the sole that will wear off.

:rotfl::rotfl: Sorry:rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback