Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Options

Comments

• darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I signed up and received my welcome letter in April. There was no mention that a smart meter was compulsory in that letter, or anything since ?
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    darren72 wrote: »
    I signed up and received my welcome letter in April. There was no mention that a smart meter was compulsory in that letter, or anything since ?

There was no mention either when I signed up and I confirmed with them via phone that smart meters were not required (this was last year though).
  • SerialRenter
    SerialRenter Posts: 611 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So far i've not been particularly impressed.

Gave them opening readings, which were ignored and not passed along to my previous supplier.
    I had to chase them up about creating my login details as i'd been sent the emails saying it was all ready, but in reality it wasn't.
    The website has been useless, I can enter my electric readings, but the gas readings wont save for some reason, and today i'm completely unable to log in.

I've not been with them long enough to see a bill yet, so i'm hoping that's not messed up too.
    *Assuming you're in England or Wales.
  • SashaG
    SashaG Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi - switch seemed to go smoothly at first - keen to take first payment on first day but apparently that's the norm now so you end up paying twice in one month. Nightmare from then on - think its run from someone's front room - couldn't access the app - takes approx. one week to reply to emails - been with them nearly a month now and final bill still not sorted with previous supplier yet - I have an estimated bill there - if you don't want the hassle choose another supplier - sorry
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 June 2018 at 8:37AM
    Options
    tg99 wrote: »
    I have been with them for 9 months or so now and only ever had one request for a meter reading (not including the opening reading). I don!!!8217;t have a smart meter and their terms and conditions made no mention of the requirement to provide readings every four weeks so they won!!!8217;t be able to make additional charges for not doing so. Maybe their terms for more recent customers are different?

I give them regular meters reads online but no sign of a bill as yet. My last supplier billed me every month. However with regular meter reads this hopefully will keep everything on track.
  • darren72
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    I give them regular meters reads online but no sign of a bill as yet. My last supplier billed me every month. However with regular meter reads this hopefully will keep everything on track.

Yes, Eversmart bill you quarterly so you have a few months to wait for your first bill.
  • e.ol
    e.ol Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    edited 16 June 2018 at 4:21PM
    Options
    e.ol wrote: »
    Absolutely clueless company. Yes the prices are cheap but it takes half an hour to talk to someone based in a back office in Manchester who have issues giving you their name or reference number.

Their welcome email incorrectly states that you must have a smart meter fitted as part of the change in supplier and when you phone their office, they tell you this has been incorrect for a while. Well change it then!! They also advise that you must change to 2020 as its illegal, utter nonsense from a company hoping to make money from referring its customers to the national grid. They also advise that you must contact them every four weeks with a reading if you do not have a smart meter fitted or other charges may apply. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Further to my comments on 4th June, I have had a nightmare with this company. Even though I had only signed up to them for about two hours, they refused to cancel my account with them and had not heard of the cooling off period. Eversmart continued to set up direct debits on my account and despite being told I did not want to change, they told my current supplier that I was moving to them.

I spent an hour on the phone to my current supplier who advised me that Eversmart was blocking it for some reason. Do not touch with a barge pole, they are cheap for a reason. They do not respond to emails and will tell you anything on the phone to get rid of you. You get the feeling you are speaking with chavs or chancers who have no idea of what customer service is and seem to take it personally when you say you want to leave. You have been warned!!
  • jacobsdaduk
    jacobsdaduk Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Switch was OK, but since then I've had absolutely no bills, and my smart meter hasn't been linked to my account.

I opened a complaint to get this sorted, and even that is being ignored.

Classic example of a company growing too fast, without investment. Bitten off more than they can chew and now it's showing.

Wish I had never switched.
    Happy with my advice? The please use the 'thanks' button vvvvvvvvvvvvv
  • darren72
    Options
    Switch was OK, but since then I've had absolutely no bills, and my smart meter hasn't been linked to my account.

I opened a complaint to get this sorted, and even that is being ignored.

Classic example of a company growing too fast, without investment. Bitten off more than they can chew and now it's showing.

Wish I had never switched.

How long ago did you switch? - We've switched over and yet to get a bill, but they bill quarterly instead of monthly so not expecting the first bill until around 3-4 months after the switch date.
  • niktheguru
    niktheguru Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been with eversmart for 10 months. Not had any problems with them. They've been generally very helpful. They send me "invoices/bills" every month on my online account. I've never received anything in the post and never had a request for a meter reading, but try and give them one every month when I remember online.

I didn't bother with a smart meter. I have a british gas smart meter and fellt it pointless to get it changed until they start installing SMETS2 meters, which is still some way away.

I've been happy. Will wait to see if I can get any better deals at the end of the year though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure