The Edcawber Principle

Options

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,468 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £1.57 OPed.

I have a gym nemesis! Chap rushed in just before me and then spent over half an hour at the squat rack, completing a grand total of 3 sets, none of which were squats :angry:

Right - head down - I didn't get enough done at work yesterday.
  • edinburgher
    Options
    £0.60 OPed - super disappointed as I'd expected it to be a fiver today :D What was that statement from the mortgage paperwork? Something about each pound paid off saving three? :rotfl:

I am absolutely exhausted. DD has been having disturbed sleep for the last month or so - not enough to wake her up - but enough to make us check on her 5-6 times a night. We'll need to try something new to break the pattern during the Easter break :think:

Two days left in the office 'til the long weekend :j
  • Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Edinburgher, just curious where these micro payments come from and to?
  • edinburgher
    edited 18 April 2019 at 10:39AM
    Options
    Hey Zola -

Tilly tidies, savings interest, cashback etc. to mortgage.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    :wave: again as headed back south. Back home now. Those TTs do add up - I have just a smidge under £300 in my holding account (online instant saver - it just got its' annual interest - over £70) - they are bound for the mortgage too.
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    edited 21 April 2019 at 11:33AM
    Options
    Happy Easter to those who celebrate it and happy Sunday to those who don't :coffee:

We had a lovely day in the sun yesterday (early gym session for me, quick trip to the shops for hot cross buns etc. and sun tent/picnic blanket out in the back garden). The day before that was Culzean castle, we avoided paying £40+ for entry by being really cool and joinng the Naional Trust for Scotland. The logic behind that was the fact that we would have spent 4x the monthly membership cost with one day out, so it seemed like a decent idea. Now to explore what else they have to offer :)

I've updated spreadsheets with a few small OPs made recently and have made a CC repayment of £391.48 this morning :eek: :j That takes care of my minimum repayment and roughly the CB money as well. I feel that we have crossed the Rubicon somewhat, as this drops us down to under £15,000. I appreciate that's still a lot of money, but it's less than 5 months of our wages. A reverse emergency fund, if you will :o

Still behaving myself with food and alcohol, today will see my take on a high street coffee chain inspired non-alcoholic cocktail (cold brew coffee and tonic water over ice) :drool:

I also bought a pair of weighlifting shoes that I have been patiently waiting for to go on offer (6 weeks or so now). £43 delivered and just the thing for my squats and deadlifts :D

*Edit: and £3.17 OPed.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,439 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on being below 15k :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely day (assumes today is a B Hol in Scotland) - it has been warmer where you are that Suffolk until the last couple of days. I am back to navvying (KC's expression) in my garden today - so busy! - well done on the £15k milestone, it really does work like a magic snowball, I promise.

Who knew there were separate shoes for weightlifting? I mean tennis shoes, yes, for playing on clay and grass (the surfaces I grew up playing on, in Dunlop Green-Flash or white-flash (!) - I felt so fashionable getting my first training shoes as opposed to the plimsoles I grew up with!! :rotfl: - it explains the shin splints I suffered with when I went to College and ran around playing netball and basketball on the unsprung floors of the main Sports Hall. Oh how technology and our understanding of physiology have changed!
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    Options
    I also managed my fair share of navvying today - 20+ dandelions removed, grass cut on 3 lawns (small lawns) and edges strimmed. Unfortunately I've managed to break another dandelion removing tool (one of the expensive ones). I'm not really surprised, I think I've removed xxx in the last week alone...

I had a mahoosive gym session this morning to make up for Easter festivities - squats, deadlift, overhead press, metabolic conditioning and some treadmill. Weightlifting shoes are just like normal shoes, but with solid heels (normal trainers are designed to compress when you're exercising, these do the opposite) and an ankle strap. I'm told some of them are incredibly retro, they even use wooden heels on occasion!

We also played outside for a bit and visited the Museum of Rural Life (definitely getting the most of our National Trust for Scotland membership) :) DD was a wee bit tired and had a whine as she wasn't allowed to buy any toys. We persevered, ignored her and she came around quickly enough. Definitely one to watch tho, it's all to easy to spoil one child I find.

£4.81 OPed.
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Back to work :( A shame, we had a lovely long weekend. Also annoyed as a cat has taken a !!!! in my newly mulched flower bed :D

£4.45 OPed
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure