The Edcawber Principle

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,633 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on the debt being under 15k this month :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope its positive re backdated pay etc and great to be sub £15k - well done :cool:
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Back from a very enjoyable day at the Brewd0g AGM _pale_ It's rare to have a day off and I'm sure that my batteries will feel recharged tomorrow :j

Four hours on public transport with a hangover has made me decide that I am now too old for hangovers and that I will be changing my habits to stick to NHS guidelines from now on :)

I'm not one of those people who promises to cut back drinking every time they feel a bit rough the next day, I just don't think it's worth it any more.

£76.39 paid off a CC (1/19th of the money Mrs E BTed for me). This month will see £400+ getting paid off and the debt will fall under £15k.

Fingers crossed my backdated pay et. al should be resolved tomorrow.
    My epiphany was when we had been to a works do and I could not remember large bits of the evening. Hearing reports of myself and what I talked about with people really shocked me. I am naturally quite chatty but I could have been inappropriately indiscreet so that was it. I still have a little drink now and again but never really drunk. As a grown up (well, I aspire to be one!) I have to be a bit more responsible for my own behaviour plus health and wellbeing. Ooh I sound grown up!

I was up your way at the weekend, enroute from my Mum's in Ayrshire to the Highlands, DH and I stayed near the airport.
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My epiphany was when we had been to a works do and I could not remember large bits of the evening...

I was up your way at the weekend, enroute from my Mum's in Ayrshire to the Highlands, DH and I stayed near the airport.

My example is a little more prosaic - I couldn't remember finding a coach or the entire coach trip from the conference centre to the hotel. It's only perhaps 25 minutes, but unless I was abducted by aliens, that's just unacceptable.

I hope you waved? :)

Backdated pay is fairly hearty, about £600 or so more than usual. There was also an extra £££ paid off my student loan and a larger than usual pension payment. Sehr gut!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,633 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on the extra pennies. :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My example is a little more prosaic - I couldn't remember finding a coach or the entire coach trip from the conference centre to the hotel. It's only perhaps 25 minutes, but unless I was abducted by aliens, that's just unacceptable.

I hope you waved? :)

Backdated pay is fairly hearty, about £600 or so more than usual. There was also an extra £££ paid off my student loan and a larger than usual pension payment. Sehr gut!

Of course I waved :wave:

At least you finally have that back pay. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, as we say, or
    na ja, das ist das Leben
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Happy weekend all :coffee:

I am a wee bit zonked. Trying to get back into better habits a la less booze post and have been watching what I eat for the last week. I have also signed up for a few sessions with a personal trainer focused around weightlifting and that is going great guns. It's hard work, but so much more rewarding than jogging (not a chafed nipple in sight)! :rotfl:

Too early for progress, but it feels good :) The sessions were covered by a Father's Day present from Mrs E, so only ended up costing me a fiver :money:

Not much financial news to report. Spreadsheets updated, all pots funded and I actually made an OP. That £1.64 will take years off.
  • Lois_E
    Lois_E Posts: 2,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello again Edinburgher
    I'm back on MFW after a 4+ year gap, and you're one of the ones I recognise. I hope all is going well for you and Mrs E. It certainly sounds like you're going great guns with getting rid of the CCs.
    Serious respect for doing weightlifting with a personal trainer! I know I ought to do something about getting fitter, but at present there are too many other things in my life that are higher priorities. :o
    Starting again 13/4/19
    Home loan 1: £21,102.50 Home loan 2: £7,698.99
    Total owed: £28,801.49
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Lois_E wrote: »
    Hello again Edinburgher
    I'm back on MFW after a 4+ year gap, and you're one of the ones I recognise. I hope all is going well for you and Mrs E. It certainly sounds like you're going great guns with getting rid of the CCs.
    Serious respect for doing weightlifting with a personal trainer! I know I ought to do something about getting fitter, but at present there are too many other things in my life that are higher priorities. :o

Nice to see you again Lois_E - MFW is like the !!!!! - we try and get out and they pull us back in :rotfl:

£1.23 paid off a CC.

A fairly quiet day for us. DD had a birthday party, I went to the gym and then I took DD out for a walk to the park after some housework. Nice and boring and down to earth :)
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Back to work :(

£4.95 OPed :)

The universe is balanced :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income