The Edcawber Principle

Options

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £21.59 paid off the CC (two TTs and £10 from a P2P referral).

Off to a free event for DD at a wonderful museum near us :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy Friday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have kept it, but in the garage. I intend getting it registered in my name this month - then it will need an MOT and insurance - I am just too busy on other 'stuff' this month - build up of stress as the date approaches and the garden remains chaotic. I did getit out and start it last month though! and I will be putting it on show with DH's Harleys
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    Options
    I have kept it, but in the garage. I intend getting it registered in my name this month - then it will need an MOT and insurance - I am just too busy on other 'stuff' this month - build up of stress as the date approaches and the garden remains chaotic. I did getit out and start it last month though! and I will be putting it on show with DH's Harleys

I can imagine public viewings of your garden could be quite stressful. I could charge viewings to my installation "Grass Vs patio - the final confrontation" :rotfl:
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    I can imagine public viewings of your garden could be quite stressful. I could charge viewings to my installation "Grass Vs patio - the final confrontation" :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::beer::beer: I would come and sit (if only to rest) and compare.

Honestly, we were supposed to be doing a dump run first thing this morning (I know, living the dream here!) but DH has been fiddle-arsing with one of the Harleys all morning. I have proof-read the catalogue and been liaising with a local resident about an issue, and just filling my morning really. Now it is hailing and sunny at the same time so not sure whether to get out or make cake (sanity refuge). Planning all gone to pot. Mutters and Mutleys as wanders off mumbling...
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
  • edinburgher
    Options
    A lazy start to the weekend for us - DD feeling a bit run down still after her cold and I have a blocked nose as well :coffee:

My new CC statement came in during the week and we paid Mrs E's larger than required minimum statement to make sure her CC is gone by the end of her 0% offer. With that and a tiny TT, about £380 paid off this week.

I have been behaving myself at the gym (if not with the diet) and can now deadlift more than my own weight :)

This weekend will probably be a quiet one for us. The next month is looking very spendy - day out for DD's birthday, DD's birthday party, retirement present for in-law and family holiday (avec airport carpark cost, cattery and spending money) :eek:

Onwards and upwards... :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    Options
    That's an amazing amount to pay off in a week :)

Onwards & downwards:p:rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• edinburgher
    Options
    We had a lovely weekend and finished up with a trip to Troon beach. I liked Troon (had never been before) and will add it to the long list of fantasy seaside living options :D It was a cheap day out at c. £10 for a couple of drinks and a few ice creams.

£9.75 paid off the CC over the last couple of days (TTs, I will defeat this debt if it's the last thing I do).

Looking forward to sending in my FIT reading in a few weeks - they have re-jigged the payment periods and we have generated over 1,000 kWh in the interim :)
  • Suffolk_lass
    edited 14 May 2019 at 10:26AM
    Options
    How lovely - my Sis lives about ten miles from there - her DH is quite a keen golfer - rich pickings around there (and lots of decent property overlooking these if not directly on the sea-front). You do seem to have put on a bit of a spurt with your debt repayment - it is though some switch has tripped and you are more focussed. That is certainly how it is with me. I want to get our mortgage down to below £30k by the time DH retires so we can use the pension TFLS to take it under £10k.

I am very envious of your feed-in-tariff. With a thatched property we can't do panels on the main roof, and the cart lodge roof orientation is the wrong way round. Maybe when we rebuild the pig-shed - although the tariffs have stopped, we could PVC up the roof for immediate energy assistance.

Have a good week.
  • beanielou
    Options
    North Berwick is my fantasy dream location.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback