BT price increases September 2018

Options

Comments

• Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    £21.99 is the lowest deal, I have BT Sport free for 12 months included as well, that is what they told me, but it is not in my confirmation email.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Al_Ross wrote: »
    £21.99 is the lowest deal, I have BT Sport free for 12 months included as well, that is what they told me, but it is not in my confirmation email.

should be 18 months, you might have to pay for last 6 months
  • CADHLA
    Options
    Thank you so much, will let you know how it goes!
  • CADHLA
    Options
    Been quoted now £43.50 for superfast broadband, line rental and weekend calls from the loyalty number. A saving of about £5.00 per month. Not the deal I was hoping for. Will definitely check out a few more providers to see what they can do for me.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    keep trying, dont give up, i wonder if agents have so many deals they can give a day ?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CADHLA wrote: »
    Been quoted now £43.50 for superfast broadband, l

Do you need Superfast ??

Standard BT fibre 1 up to 52 meg should be cheaper.
  • BigYin11
    BigYin11 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So just contacted BT, I!!!8217;m currently on £28.99 for infinity 1 and got BT sport (£5 for 6 months going up to £10 at month 6) advisor I spoke to offered to reduce BB by £1 a month to offset the £1 increase in sport. I said no and BT sport is cancelled in 30 days and she said new BB provider I go with will organise cancellation.

What appprpach should I try now, I!!!8217;m guessing they!!!8217;ll not contact me? Should I be more forceful and mention deals I!!!8217;ve seen other people getting
  • JJ_Egan
    Options
    Did you cancel the Line Rental BB and BT Sport .
    If so in 30 days it will all cease .That is unless you transfer ISP .
    BT may come back to you with a better offer .
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]Can someone here clarify? I signed up for a new deal last night great deal, £21.99 with free B.T Sport. I receive my confirmation email, it say TV Starter pack.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I phone back up the loyalty department and got someone else he has says their end definitely says BT sport. I asked for confirmation in an email, he says he cannot as auto generated when taking the deal but says he would put a note on my account saying I was concerned.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I wanted something something in writing, so I I went on live chat and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]asked the operator. Eventually after 30 minutes on hold she replies and tells me to phone B.T as they can give better deals???[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I already have B.T sport, which my free period was due to expire on the 15th of this month. Is that confusing things I wonder?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Should I just wait and see what the next B.T bill brings, or should I hassle them again.[/FONT]
  • JJ_Egan
    Options
    No new deal starts new contract .
    BT Sport SD is listed with TV Starter package .

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52653/~/what-channels-and-bolt-ons-you-get-with-the-different-bt-tv-packages
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure