BT price increases September 2018

Options

Comments

• Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    So my old BT contract that was to start charging me on August 15th,should now be free from then?
  • diesel_dog
    diesel_dog Posts: 267 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm currently paying £56.49 which includes Superfast 2 and line rental.

They've offered me Superfast 1 at £23.99 inc line rental or Superfast 2 inc line rental at £39.99. With the option to have free BT sports for 18 months.

I didn't agree and thought I'd see what others are getting and call them up after the weekend.
  • Vegastare
    Vegastare Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well I think that BT like many call centers have certain days when they expect a busy day and pull back on what they offer, I kept being told that I already had a heavy discount deal with my exsisting contract and by allowing me to roll the same price over for another 18 mths I was saving £3 a month and I had a exsisting 20% discount already that was remaining..

If I said it once I said it ten times -that the link on the notification email clearly said it could remain at £29.99 for Infinity 1 and line rental, so it was anytime calls that was to be added, they kept coming up with £45. In the end I said I was begining to give up the will to go on - so I gently said that at this moment my anytime calls is around £9.50 - oh yes said the voice on the line but that goes up by 49p a month in September, then there was a lightbulb moment when it was no longer £45.
    Such hard work.
    My conclusion is that if you are long standing BT customer with 10 years under your belt they will try the already discounted lark, if you have a contract in the last few years you will get the better deals.
    I am still bewildered over one thing - on the link of price increase notification it said a one of payment of £9.99 the guy on the phone couldn't give me an answer and the link wasn't there when I look at my email today.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    <<My conclusion is that if you are long standing BT customer with 10 years under your belt they will try the already discounted lark >>

Never ever found that .
    Its always been phone they give me prices .
    I either accept or say no i am handing in my 30 days notice . Two weeks later i get a better offer .
    Year on year i pay slightly less than current year .
    This year paid sub £1 pm more for extra TV and HD .
    Infinity 1 at £3pm + ALR + Max TV + BT Sports HD aprox £35.50 pm .

£9-99 is usually a delivery charge for something .
  • Simon7685
    Simon7685 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I moved to BT in June 2017 paying £28.99 pm for Infinity 1 including line rental and weekend calls, BT TV starter pack free, BT Sport for £3.50 a month and a 12 month mobile contract at £15 discounted to £10.
    Total £42.49 a month.

When the last price increase came about they offered keeping my BB at same price for 18 months which I accepted, so have continued at £42.49 a month.

This new price increase they are offering again to re contract for 18 months and keep BB at £28.99 but BT Sport will increase to £6 a month from October, which I am not happy with when new customers get it free for 18 months!

What sort of deal would you advise me to look at if I ring retentions and what is the best approach? Tell them I am not happy or just say I am looking to leave?

Thanks
  • ccdorset
    ccdorset Posts: 296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ccdorset wrote: »
    Just phoned for my father and managed to get this deal for him aswell. I had agreed on a £23.99 deal for him a week or so ago, but saw the advert for free BT Sport on Sky today. I phoned the Customer Options team and they not only agreed to add it on for free, but also changed the deal to £21.99 a month! Was quite surprised they did that! I just phoned him and the BT Sport has been activated already, so he is chuffed to bits.

I also got the £23.99 deal for myself the other week and by co-incidence have just ordered Sky today. It isn't being installed until 29th August though, so think I'm going to miss out on the free BT sport unfortunately!

Well I phoned BT and tried to get the same offer for myself, however had no such luck. I have Sky Q being installed on 29th August, but have an old Sky+ HD box with viewing card (no active Sky subscription). I was thinking they could add BT sport to that viewing card and then I can do a card swap request once I have Sky Q installed at the end of the month, however as the old viewing card doesn't have an active Sky subscription they said they were unable to do it. Only option is to hope my new Sky Q viewing card comes before the 16th, as they said they should be able to add BT Sport to that (even though it won't be active until 29th August) and give me the free Sport offer, whilst also reducing my deal from £23.99 to £21.99 per month.

Keeping my fingers crossed!
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Simon7685 wrote: »

This new price increase they are offering again to re contract for 18 months and keep BB at £28.99 but BT Sport will increase to £6 a month from October, which I am not happy with when new customers get it free for 18 months!

What sort of deal would you advise me to look at if I ring retentions and what is the best approach? Tell them I am not happy or just say I am looking to leave?

You want BT Sport then price up other providers first .
    Hand your notice in and say why .
    Wait for a better offer or leave and become a new customer in twelve months time .

My deal re price increase .
    Is Infinity 1 £3 + ALR £208 (pre price increase ) £17.33 pm + TV Max inc BT Sports HD £15 pm .

£35.33 pm that's about £1 pm more than current that would have been subject to increase of £6-50 .
  • Al_Ross
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »

[FONT=&quot]Wrong, new deal started and logged into my B.T account and they were charging me for B.T Sport from the 15th August.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I phoned back up and have been told its been added free for 12 months now, no email confirmation has come through yet, and it has been well over 2 hours ago. I will not hold my breath that it has been finally added.[/FONT]
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    you should get 2 emails, first with the agreed price and 2nd to say service is active
  • Al_Ross
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]I received emails on Thursday eve, TV Starter Pack, Superfast Fibre unlimited all due to start on the 10th August cost £21.99 per months,18 month contract.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I get an email from B.T today, saying I have a new bill, they are charging for B.T from the 15th August. My free B.T Sport was due to expire then, their system wants to start charging me from then, even though it is apparently free with BT TV Starter pack for 18 months.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I phone up again this afternoon to be told B.T Sport has not been added and he can only add it for 12 months. I say fair enough, but no email confirmation has arrived yet.[/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure