Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Options

Comments

• francysayo
    Options
    I just joined oftm from bulb as I think better to take advantage of their low prices before any hikes. Switch was really simple...only a couple of minutes on the website....still early days ofcos but I'll wait and see how the next few weeks pan out and update accordingly.
  • martinlewisjunior
    Options
    8% for Electricity.
    3% for Gas

Of course this depends on your region!

They're still one of the cheapest suppliers on the market
  • beardiedog
    Options
    8% for Electricity.
    3% for Gas

Of course this depends on your region!

They're still one of the cheapest suppliers on the market

They're at the top of my CEC list at the moment.

Which begs the question why other suppliers feel the need to increase their rates by so much.

Jumping aboard the gravy train as we are approaching winter, perhaps, surely not?
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,930 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well based on current figures my dual-fuel bill will rise by £46 a year.
    The next cheapest is another £35 a year on top of that.

Even if I split the utilities up that's an increase of £56 alone.

No brainer to stay where I am IMO.
  • smiledotcom
    Options
    I am about to say goodbye to this supplier for the following reasons:

They lead me to believe that monthly membership fees would be based upon electricity usage. The more used, the higher the monthly membership fees.

So,at the point of signing up they asked me to estimate my annual electricity consumption so that my monthly membership fees could be calculated.

Based upon my estimated consumption I should have been paying membership fees of around £7.51 per month.

Since joining however I have been charged membership fees of £13.22 per month!

When I queried this with OTM I was informed that they had obtained data from my previous suppliers - from the previous 2 years - and had based my membership fees upon that, historical, usage. Not upon my estimated annual usage, and not upon my actual usage - which is now very low since I switched from heating my house by electricity to heating it by gas central heating.

I explained all that to OTM but they won't budge. They are going to continue to charge me almost double what I should be paying in membership fees. They also calculated my monthly direct debit upon that historical usage so I now have more than £100 credit built up in the account although my electricity usage is very low.

Just to add salt into the wound they also informed me that they will NOT refund the excessive membership fees that I am currently paying. They are just going to pocket my money!

Just to add more salt to the would OTM won't refund the credit that has been built up on the account. OTM won't refund credit until it reaches the £250 mark!

I don't know about outfoxing the market, but they sure know how to outfox their customers.
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 September 2018 at 1:24PM
    Options
    They lead me to believe that monthly membership fees would be based upon electricity usage. The more used, the higher the monthly membership fees.

You're not alone. I first commented on this in July I think.

Since then my monthly usage has gone done (I've been averaging about 2200kWh over the last few years, last month's usage equates to less than 2000kWh a year, yet they increased their estimate again from 2441 to 2492.

Even better, I read there's another increase in the [STRIKE]standing charge[/STRIKE] membership fee on the way.

I almost forgot, a handy little graph from them. It would be difficult to extract the exact monthly figure from the graph, but consider that for and annual usage of 2400kWh (their lowest tier) you would need a usage of 200kWh per month. I'm sure they'll provide some excuses if I wait long enough.

60d006aa36c5.jpg
  • le-bouchard
    Options
    I signed up months ago, OFTM acknowledged the request and after speaking to one of their people I was assured all was going ahead fine on the date they had given I am now 2 weeks into the OFTM contract but have heard nothing from my old supplier, no acknowledgement of switch request in fact, when I called them the person said that they had no record of it. Plus the fact that my old supplier has , yesterday, sent a request for a meter reading and OFTM in all their bumph that everything would be handled by them. This does not bode well. I would cancel my direct debit but that will probably leave me without a supplier, or as some have suggested, nasty mail from OFTM for non payment. Not at all happy with this recommendation. I have never had such a messy, poor transition before. It all looks like I may be paying twice for the same thing.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I signed up months ago, OFTM acknowledged the request and after speaking to one of their people I was assured all was going ahead fine on the date they had given I am now 2 weeks into the OFTM contract but have heard nothing from my old supplier, no acknowledgement of switch request in fact, when I called them the person said that they had no record of it. Plus the fact that my old supplier has , yesterday, sent a request for a meter reading and OFTM in all their bumph that everything would be handled by them. This does not bode well. I would cancel my direct debit but that will probably leave me without a supplier, or as some have suggested, nasty mail from OFTM for non payment. Not at all happy with this recommendation. I have never had such a messy, poor transition before. It all looks like I may be paying twice for the same thing.

The gaining supplier manages all aspects of a transfer of supply. On transfer all meter readings go to an industry independent third-party for verification. The verified readings are then used to open and close your accounts. Under EU Law, and Licence Conditions, the losing supplier has to use its reasonable efforts to provide you with a Final Bill no later than 6 weeks after the actual transfer of supply.

https://octopus.energy/blog/secret-life-opening-meter-reading/

It is often the case on switch that you will end up paying both suppliers. You will get any credit balance returned to you.
  • GregK2
    GregK2 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had an email, which follows a 6.5% increase from August:

"Your energy prices are increasing from November 1st 2018

Electricity and gas wholesale prices (the price Outfox the Market pay for your energy) have continued to see unprecedented increases throughout 2018. As a result of this and a rise in additional costs that make up your bill, the price you pay for your energy is increasing by 7.4%."
  • bs7
    bs7 Posts: 774 Forumite
    Options
    GregK2 wrote: »
    Just had an email, which follows a 6.5% increase from August:

"Your energy prices are increasing from November 1st 2018

Electricity and gas wholesale prices (the price Outfox the Market pay for your energy) have continued to see unprecedented increases throughout 2018. As a result of this and a rise in additional costs that make up your bill, the price you pay for your energy is increasing by 7.4%."

Just got the same email ... they really are a bunch of clowns!!

And to think MSE recommended them!! lol
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure