NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks. I had become aware of this recently and I will contact my Council shortly.

I don't seem to be able to find a similar facility for Water bills. I suppose I should call them to see what they say but it seems unlikely they will allow it.

Call them. I'm with Yorkshire Water and changed my DD to 12/year by calling them as I couldn't do this online.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't seem to be able to find a similar facility for Water bills. I suppose I should call them to see what they say but it seems unlikely they will allow it.
    Well, mine must be in 12 payments because that DD is 'farmed out' to one of my (several!) accounts which require those wretched 2 x monthly DDs to comply with interest earned.
    12 payments may well be the norm or it may be an optional deal! (Mine is with Anglian.)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • beefturnmail
    Options
    Spatchelor wrote: »
    I think I've exhausted all the switching deals, they are only offered to 'new' customers. As I have had accounts with most banks now, even though they are closed accounts, how long is it before my record is wiped and I become a 'new' customer again? Does anyone know?
    Thanks

Same here. I always check and it seems that the cut-off seems to be at a date before banks starting offering these incentives, which I think was around 2013 (that's when I did my first switch). Who knows maybe they might press the re-set switch when the transfers figures start dropping off.

Occasionally I do think what a farce it all is, but then, so are a lot of things in the world once you start thinking about them!
  • broju
    broju Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    Halifax may say 2012, but First Direct do not pay (or have not in the past paid) an incentive if you have ever had an account with them.

It isn't a 'one size fits all'. Each bank has its own T&Cs and is at liberty to change those T&Cs with each new switch incentive it offers.

So, the moral is..... read the T&Cs for the current incentive;)

I had an account with FD about 8 years ago which I left dormant. Until recently they refused my switching bonus application. I called them as their response suggested and they were very pleased to offer me the MSE switch incentive - at last:T:T
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Options
    Spatchelor wrote: »
    . . . how long is it before my record is wiped and I become a 'new' customer again? Does anyone know?
    Thanks
    I always thought banks were not supposed to keep records for more than 6 years after an account is closed. If that is the case then 6 years would seem to be the absolute limit on being a former customer.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had an account with FD 20 years ago ! and have been refused twice, but am going to give it another go....
  • Consumerist
    Options
    castle96 wrote: »
    I had an account with FD 20 years ago ! and have been refused twice, but am going to give it another go....
    If you're up for bit of a scrap, send them a Subject Access Request (costs £10) to see what information they are holding about you. Then you can pose the question of why they are holding it.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I always thought banks were not supposed to keep records for more than 6 years after an account is closed. If that is the case then 6 years would seem to be the absolute limit on being a former customer.
    There is a requirement to keep records for 6 years, but that doesn't mean records have to be wiped when the 6 years is up. The bank would need to justify (to itself and possibly the ICO) what records it retained and why, but a record that stated this person was a customer until [date] doesn't seem to be something which would be unreasonable for a bank to keep, and I think they could justify keeping quite a bit more.

The PPI issue has shown the importance of banks keeping records for much longer periods of time.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Khanbegum32
    Options
    I just started switching, completed first switch with Halifax and I have just been paid £75 into the new account they’ve opened. Do you know if I need to keep the account open for a minimum term before I can go ahead with the next switch ? I also wang to take advantage of the NatWest switch offer. Thank you
  • Consumerist
    Options
    I just started switching, completed first switch with Halifax and I have just been paid £75 into the new account they’ve opened. Do you know if I need to keep the account open for a minimum term before I can go ahead with the next switch ? I also wang to take advantage of the NatWest switch offer. Thank you
    Possession is nine points the law... If you've got the money then you're free to move on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure