£125 Lloyds Switch Offer 1 October to 12 November 2019

Options

Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    Savings accounts: yes, but I doubt you can close current accounts. Easiest to close a current account w/o getting hassled is to switch them away. If you switch your account(s) today, it will all be done in 10-14 days from now, leaving you plenty of time to apply for a CL under the offer.
    You're right, I just made an (anonymous) enquiry. The CS also confirmed that she 'believed' (no briefing note) that it has to be a newly opened ac - not an upgrade.

I did ask her to clarify with someone as when you're on the 'bonus' page the first option you come to is the apply for an upgrade - which would 'surely' imply that would be acceptable - it's only if you read further do you come to the term 'must have been opened Oct 1 or later'.

She was '..but you can apply for a new Club to be sure anyhow?'
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Re 30-day period well luckily there are more than 30 days between downgrading today 1st of October and the offer ending 5th November!
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    I considered doing that myself briefly but decided against it as I have a Club Lloyds Monthly Saver that I don't want to jeopardise.

After Santander RAF, I ended up with no Lloyds current accounts have kept Club Monthly Saver going by sending money to existing Easy Saver account and transferring it to .....,,,, every month
  • youngretired
    Options
    I and my husband closed our sole accounts earlier in the year. We have both tried to open new sole accounts and when in your online account it doesn't give you the option to open a Club Lloyds and states you can only have 1 sole and 1 joint, as if the system still thinks we each hold a sole account.

My husband finally managed to apply after trying with 2 devices, 2 browsers and 3 live chats only to find at the end it states that "you already have this type of account". So it would appear that either Lloyd's system does not recognize that the accounts were closed or they didn't close them properly when the accounts were switched away.

I've now got to ring them and find out what has happened.
  • ronbell101
    ronbell101 Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i have 2 x classics which I never use asked through the online chat can I open a 3rd and still qualify and she said yes
    tried an online application and got the message "something went wrong" !
  • ST-User
    ST-User Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Our two CL sole accounts just have been downgraded to Classic.
    However, if I try to open a new account, it offers only Classic, Platinum and Student.
    Will try it later, hopefully only a couple of days, worst case 30 days.
  • bhjm
    bhjm Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    trient wrote: »
    I was wondering the same. Nothing in the T&C's, so I would assume you could close it straight away (as you're meant to receive the reward when the switch completes).

But you know, this offer is meant to bring new customers that stay. /s

it states
    The offer will be paid directly into your account by the time your switch has completed and will appear as a cash credit. The offer is not available to employees of Lloyds Banking Group, or if the employee is named on any bank account held in joint names.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ST-User wrote: »
    Our two CL sole accounts just have been downgraded to Classic.
    However, if I try to open a new account, it offers only Classic, Platinum and Student.
    Will try it later, hopefully only a couple of days, worst case 30 days.
    Did you do try the application whilst logged into your online banking? I seem to remember from the Lloyds Vantage times that the only way to open additional ones was to apply for them when not logged in. Worth a try? Use exactly the same spelling for your name and address as you have on your existing account, so you don't end up with two separate online logins.
  • youngretired
    Options
    Lloyd's cannot explain why we can't open the accounts online as the only account showing in our online accounts is the joint. They apologized and said that it would have to be opened in branch.

I have done a complaint asking for it to be done without a branch visit or at least give the assurance that if we go into the branch, that the accounts will actually get opened and for the adviser to not have the same problem.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 October 2019 at 12:39PM
    Options
    I've 'upgraded' a joint CL to a Classic. I've then opened a solo CL for my OH and switched in in the process... so half way there (hope).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure