Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Race For Life 2008!

Options

Comments

• finallydebtfree!!
    Options
    I have planned on running the last 2 but havent quite made it lol! did do quite well last year though. This year I am hoping to be fit enough to run it, well thats the plan, I need to be fit for my trek in Peru for the NAS so hopefully if I can do that I should be able to run the 5km!
    finally debt free and want to keep it that way!!
  • isualive
    isualive Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wow a trek in Peru, for the NAS, what an excellent charity. Not many support it. Good on you, my 13 yr old son has a form of autism.
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. ~ Mother Teresa
  • isualive
    Options
    I hope nobody is trying to sponsor us today, as the links haven't worked for hours!
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. ~ Mother Teresa
  • finallydebtfree!!
    Options
    thanks, a daughter of my friend was diagnosed autistic last summer so decided to do something to raise money for them. If you want to take a look I have started a blog, pm me if you want the details, not sure if I can post the link here?
  • isualive
    Options
    I don't know about links either.

I will PM you!
  • Sue-UU
    Sue-UU Posts: 9,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thanks, a daughter of my friend was diagnosed autistic last summer so decided to do something to raise money for them. If you want to take a look I have started a blog, pm me if you want the details, not sure if I can post the link here?

Hi isualive & finallydebtfree,

I'm not sure about putting the more personal blog links on posts either - BUT - one thing I do know is that quite a few put links on their personal profiles, so that must definately be allowed. Why not ask a moderator. Good luck girls!

Sue.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 001 My Totals = 08 = £163.95 09 = £315.78 10 = £518.80 11 = £481.87 12 = £694.53 13 = £1200.20! 14 = £881 15 = £839.21 16 = £870.48 17 = £871.52 18 = £800.00 19 = £851.022021=£820.26[/SizeGrand Totals of all members (2008 uncounted) 2009 = £32.154.32! 2010 = £37.581.47! 2011 = £42.474.34! 2012 = £49.759.46! 2013 = £50.642.78! 2014 = £61.367.88!! 2015 = £52.852.06! 2016 = £52, 002.40!! 2017 = £50,456.23!! 2018 = £47, 815.88! 2019 = £38.538.37!!!! :j
  • Engadine
    Engadine Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good luck to everyone who is taking part in the Race for Life 2008. I did my first one last year, ended up walking it as my friend had back problems and could not run but we did it!

I am doing the race in memory of my aunt who passed away 18 months ago she was in her 80s but unfortunately had cancer 3 times in her lifetime. Her daughter and grandaughter have also been diagnosed with breast cancer so also doing the race from them they are such an inspiration.

I now have my fundraising page sorted, if there is anyone who is not already sponsoring a friend or relative in the race for life and you would like to sponsor me my page is

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/angelamuir

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to sponsor me
    :j Debt free since 31/01/08:j

• isualive
    Options
    No sponsors online again, as the fundraising links are still down!

Thanks Sue-UU for your reply!
  • finallydebtfree!!
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Sue, I have put my NAS justgiving page in my profile, will see about putting my race for life one in there too :)

Good luck Engadine :)
  • isualive
    Options
    finallydebtfree!! Your blog is excellent. Technology is amazing. My eldest son is at Uni & next year he hopes to study in Europe. If he does he has promised to do a blog & a video diary. It's a lovely way to keep in touch!

:jThe fundraising links are now working:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure