Disgraceful treatment from TUI,

Options

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    All else apart, it's hardly TUI's fault that certain Boeing 737 model aircraft have all been grounded due to a potentially critical safety issue.

Must be a logistical nightmare to re-arrange alterrnative planes in these circumstances.

Indeed, maybe OP should spare a thought for those that didn’t make it in the 2 that crashed, rather than blaming tui for changing the aircraft type
  • bspm1
    bspm1 Posts: 332 Forumite
    Options
    London3344 wrote: »
    The seat map is still the same but the travel agents have said it could get changed at any time.

If seats together are cancelled it may well end up being first come first serve and coming home that is the whim of the coach transfer as to when you get to the airport. That aspect has been paid for - if it is cancelled it should be compensation alongside a refund because the quality of the flight could be made unbearable ( I have autism and it would make the flight unbearable).

It is also the attiuide of the staff which sounded like it was - hey not our fault we not to blame and we not reassuring you because we haven't learned that manners builds respect.

Every airline keeps medical assistance seats to one side and will always provide a companion seat alongside the person who needs a carer, they do not have to be paid for.

All you have to do is call the airline once flight is booked and obviously not wait till the day of the flight.
  • lewishardwick
    Options
    At least when OPs 737 MAX is slamming into the ground they'll be thrilled they got their allocated seats...

First world problems...
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    London3344 wrote: »
    TUI need to understand people like my dad are the type who get stressed badly - mocking tones from staff just lose them custom.

Why would TUI need to know anything about your Dad ? Lots of people get stressed about flying, although from your post i would say flying is something both you and your Dad should avoid if at all possible if it stresses you both so much. To be honest, until you arrive at the airport and have your seats confirmed i can't see what there is to stress about ?
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can't beat a bit of xenophobia, OP lost any sympathy at all with that comment.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nope, still not seeing what a disgrace and inconvenience a plane painted different a different colour is.

OP, your paid for seats were never guaranteed, they could always have been re-allocated and a refund given for the extra you paid to pre-book, even on your original plane painted in the 'right' colour.

And, no, it's not the travel agents fault that a) TUI Max planes have been grounded and b) you are over-reacting about sitting on a different plane for a couple of hours.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Seriously, the OP should never travel if such a non-event causes this much stress and anger.
  • ibizafan_2
    ibizafan_2 Posts: 920 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We are in Ibiza airport as I post waiting for our flight home. Tui changed us to Olympus Airlines which was just as nice, with a Greek crew, but a couple of British flight attendants. We lost our extra space seats, but chose row three instead which worked fine for us. As others have said, it really isn’t a big deal unless you make it one.
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jpsartre wrote: »
    Seriously, the OP should never travel if such a non-event causes this much stress and anger.

I loved the implication they purposely waited for him to pay his final payment before they changed the plane, like no other factor came into play.
  • London3344
    London3344 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    And that is why travel agents are going bust - because the customer is no longer first but airlines profits are.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure