Disgraceful treatment from TUI,

Options

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    London3344 wrote: »
    And that is why travel agents are going bust - because the customer is no longer first but airlines profits are.

I think you will find that the grounding of their B737Max jet aircraft and having to find short term summer leases from other carriers is costing TUI a small fortune. They could of just course cancelled holidays or consolidated flights from other airports. In this case I don’t think your statement holds up.
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And that is why travel agents are going bust - because the customer is no longer first but airlines profits are.

Mate, have you been living in a cave the past few months? Do you not realise that TUI have a shed load of planes they cant legally use at the moment so are having to borrow others so people like you can still go on holiday?

Oh and do you also realise that when you go abroad, you will be surrounded by non-English people who may freak your father out? Why even go abroad in the first place?

Your xenophobic comment about cabin crew was totally uncalled for and lost you any shred of sympathy anyone may have had for your pathetic gripe in the first place.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't think it's worth debating with the OP as they don't seem open to any sort of reasoning.

I'll join the other posters by suggesting that foreign air travel may not be the best thing for them.

I'd also have loved to be a fly on the wall when the OP marched into the TUI branch....
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bagand96 wrote: »
    I don't think it's worth debating with the OP as they don't seem open to any sort of reasoning.

I'll join the other posters by suggesting that foreign air travel may not be the best thing for them.

I'd also have loved to be a fly on the wall when the OP marched into the TUI branch....

Yes indeed. I did also wonder if the OP booked on the internet and father just marched into the nearest TUI retail store to rant. Dad's demeanour might be why the shop staff did not react positively.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,381 Forumite
    Options
    I doubt there's much chance of TUI going bust.

Quite the opposite in fact, they appear to be consolidating their position in the UK market - expanding their cruise operations and introducing river cruises as of next year.
  • London3344
    London3344 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    My dad would never book online he has zero IT skills. We may not have a holiday next year if Thomas cook go bust as he would never use TUI again
  • London3344
    London3344 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    It's my dad's big concern - he struggles with poor english skills - grecce tends to have good english so we don't have a problem here but in cyprus he once stormed out of a resturant as the waitress could not understand what he was trying to order.
  • bradders1983
    Options
    It's my dad's big concern - he struggles with poor english skills - grecce tends to have good english so we don't have a problem here but in cyprus he once stormed out of a resturant as the waitress could not understand what he was trying to order.

It was a ludicrous thing to come up with. An airline uses a charter and your first concern is that the cabin crew may not speak good English.

An utterly bizarre claim to make (as well as the one that all the planes are 30 years old) based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever. If I were you I would step away from the thread.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My dad would never book online he has zero IT skills. We may not have a holiday next year if Thomas cook go bust as he would never use TUI again

There's nothing like cutting off your nose to spite your face, is there.

Although as it seems the rest of the holidaying public will be spared having to endure your stroppy, intolerant father next year. Sounds like a win/win.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • bradders1983
    Options

Yes because there are no other travel agents out there, are they? :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport