Great Cheap Airport Parking Hunt merged threads

Options

Comments

• nicolarichard
    Options
    try liverpool airports own site - parking is directly outside about a minutes walk and was the cheapest when I went earlier this year.http://www.liverpooljohnlennonairport.com/
  • Colin_Thomas
    Options
    Addy wrote:
    We leave our car at a small car park, run by a bloke from his own home about 7 minutes away from Stansted. He has a secure high-fenced lock-up area and transfers to and from the terminals are included in the price, which is £5 a day.

I have no connections with this man, other than being a customer. Send me a PM if you want his details.

Addy.
    Can you send me his details please?
  • $cooter
    Options
    Anyone else been watching Sky News this morning??

Report on Pink Meet And Greet saying they leave your car on the street and have no insurance if it is stolen - you need to claim your own.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13545800,00.html

A Google search brought up another bad report from ThisIsMoney about this company:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=411881&in_page_id=2

I have read through this thread, and it's all very well being happy saving 7 quid or whatever, but how much will it cost you in the long run if anything happens to your car, which remember is worth 000's?

There are a lot of dodgy operators out there, and the old adage still applies - BUYER BEWARE!
  • iandavidcassidy
    Options
    i am traveling out of gatwick and back into heathrow.

does anyone know any way of using my car to do this?

cheers
    ian
  • adchesney
    Options
    Dear Folks

I have booked with Pink Meet and Greet for my family holiday to Florida. I have written to them today (no response as yet). Do I have any come-back with the credit card company as there has been clear misrepresentation about the "secure parking"?

Any advice would be apprecaited.

ANDREW
  • cuz111
    cuz111 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm flying from Gatwick 03/06/2007 for 14 night holiday has anyone got some up to the date info on good deals for hotel parking or just airport parking(with travelodge accom.)
    Have browsed the thread and the best so far for 2xadult,1xchild room is £79 acornlodge which seems pretty good, however with T'lodge prices at £26 a night plus parking perhaps there's better out there.
    Any ideas?
  • 4_Pete's_Sake
    Options
    cuz111 wrote:
    Hi all,
    I'm flying from Gatwick 03/06/2007 for 14 night holiday has anyone got some up to the date info on good deals for hotel parking or just airport parking(with travelodge accom.)
    Have browsed the thread and the best so far for 2xadult,1xchild room is £79 acornlodge which seems pretty good, however with T'lodge prices at £26 a night plus parking perhaps there's better out there.
    Any ideas?

We are also flying out of Gatwick next year and needed a hotel for the night + 15 days car parking. After researching the Internet for ages the best deal that we found was The Cambridge Hotel.

2 adults and one child will cost you £80.00 however included in the price is 15 days free car parking at the hotel and a Free courtesy car to and from the airport. We phoned the hotel on 01293 782536 to book it and got written confirmation within a couple of days. The only extra is £5 each for a continental breakfast.

I hope this helps all you Gatwick travellers.

Their Website is http://www.thecambridgehotel.co.uk/pages/family.htm
    IF THIS POST HAS BEEN HELPFUL - PLEASE CLICK ON THANKS :j
  • jammy123
    jammy123 Posts: 358 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Could i please ask for some help?
    I have not been abroad since 2000 and always went from my local airport Norwich.
    In april next year i will be going to majorca from Gatwick airport.
    The flight is at 7.55 am so i am looking to stay overnight somewhere close by.
    I will also be looking for cheap parking.
    There will be 7 of us in total myself,hubby 17 year old son and his girlfriend, 16 year old daughter,3 year old son and my mum who is disabled so has mobility problems.
    I really want the start of the holiday to be as stress free as possible.
    So any help you could give would be great :D
    I do have tesco points so i have read that i could use them,and i have tried for a travellodge but can't find a cheap one.
    Please help?
    Almost forgot to say i fly out on the 7th april and return on the 14th.
    Thanks
  • 4_Pete's_Sake
    Options
    jammy123 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,
    Could i please ask for some help?
    I have not been abroad since 2000 and always went from my local airport Norwich.
    In april next year i will be going to majorca from Gatwick airport.
    The flight is at 7.55 am so i am looking to stay overnight somewhere close by.
    I will also be looking for cheap parking.
    There will be 7 of us in total myself,hubby 17 year old son and his girlfriend, 16 year old daughter,3 year old son and my mum who is disabled so has mobility problems.
    I really want the start of the holiday to be as stress free as possible.
    So any help you could give would be great :D
    I do have tesco points so i have read that i could use them,and i have tried for a travellodge but can't find a cheap one.
    Please help?
    Almost forgot to say i fly out on the 7th april and return on the 14th.
    Thanks

Try Acorn Lodge or Cambridge Hotel, which are mentioned in the above posts.
    IF THIS POST HAS BEEN HELPFUL - PLEASE CLICK ON THANKS :j
  • jammy123
    jammy123 Posts: 358 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Could someone tell me if it is normal to have to leave your car keys with the hotel?
    I have rung acorn,but they said we have to leave our car keys as they park the car at another guesthouse.
    She quoted me £174.00 for 7 of us in a mpv.
    Hubby does not want to leave the keys with anyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure