Great Cheap Airport Parking Hunt merged threads

Options

Comments

• $cooter
    Options
    If they ask you to leave keys, check out carefully their insurance arrangements, for any drivers and the car itself...who's insurance is responsible if the vehicle is damaged or stolen?

Personally, if I was being asked to leave keys i would steer clear!
  • Addy
    Addy Posts: 1,896 Forumite
    Options
    Addy wrote:
    We leave our car at a small car park, run by a bloke from his own home about 7 minutes away from Stansted. He has a secure high-fenced lock-up area and transfers to and from the terminals are included in the price, which is £5 a day.

I have no connections with this man, other than being a customer. Send me a PM if you want his details.

Addy.
    Can you send me his details please?

Just to re-iterate, I'll reply to PMs as soon as I can (log on most days), but I don't read this thread regularly so can't respond to messages posted here as quickly.
  • 4_Pete's_Sake
    Options
    jammy123 wrote:
    Hi
    Could someone tell me if it is normal to have to leave your car keys with the hotel?
    I have rung acorn,but they said we have to leave our car keys as they park the car at another guesthouse.
    She quoted me £174.00 for 7 of us in a mpv.
    Hubby does not want to leave the keys with anyone.

Many hotels and even some of the big car parks at airports require you to leave your keys, so that they can park you car. If you do go for this option, make sure that you have checked out their T+C in the event of your car being damaged.
    IF THIS POST HAS BEEN HELPFUL - PLEASE CLICK ON THANKS :j
  • jammy123
    jammy123 Posts: 358 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks
    Not so sure i want to now.
    I watched holiday undercover today all about so called airport parking and what can happen to your car :eek:
    There must be a hotel where you can park yourself and take your keys isn't there :confused:
  • Art_2
    Art_2 Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Options
    jammy123 wrote:
    Thanks
    I watched holiday undercover today all about so called airport parking and what can happen to your car :eek:
    There must be a hotel where you can park yourself and take your keys isn't there :confused:

The official airport car parks, run by NCP, allow you to do this. They are a lot more expensive than the ones mentioned in this thread.

I have just paid £56.00 for parking at Gatwick for a full month. This was at the Ifield Court. Excellent service including dropping me at the airport and picking me up when I returned. I stayed with them the previous night also.

Regards,
    Art.
  • martin2
    martin2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jammy123 wrote:
    Thanks

As mentioned in a previous post of mine, I can thoroughly recommend the Acorn: very friendly, helpful, reasonably priced, 5 mins from Gatwick, 24/7 service, clean, comfortable and a free breakfast thrown in. What more can you ask for???
  • jammy123
    Options
    martin2 wrote:
    As mentioned in a previous post of mine, I can thoroughly recommend the Acorn: very friendly, helpful, reasonably priced, 5 mins from Gatwick, 24/7 service, clean, comfortable and a free breakfast thrown in. What more can you ask for???
    Hi Martin
    I did phone Acorn.
    They also said i would have to leave my keys as they sometimes have to park the cars at their other guest house.
    Which is what we don't want to do.
  • Sunshine_and_Roses
    Options
    Hi

My parents are flying to Ireland on Tuesday from Birmingham. My Dad is disabled, and has limited mobility.

Can anyone suggest the cheapest on site parking at Birmingham? I can only see off-site with APH at the moment.

Thanks
  • Art_2
    Art_2 Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Options
    jammy123 wrote:
    Hi Martin
    I did phone Acorn.
    They also said i would have to leave my keys as they sometimes have to park the cars at their other guest house.
    Which is what we don't want to do.

.... and if there is an accident while driving between the 2 places whose insurance will be responsible for dealing with it?

Regards,
    Art.
  • jammy123
    Options
    Art wrote:
    The official airport car parks, run by NCP, allow you to do this. They are a lot more expensive than the ones mentioned in this thread.

I have just paid £56.00 for parking at Gatwick for a full month. This was at the Ifield Court. Excellent service including dropping me at the airport and picking me up when I returned. I stayed with them the previous night also.

Regards,
    Art.
    Hi Art
    Did you phone them?
    Can't find them on the web.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts