Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• ironmanjason
    Options
    woofdonkey wrote: »
    We're playing underwriter tennis with Santander. The timeline is moving, but we're finding the requirements to be unclear which is causing delay after delay as they deal with one document at a time.
    From what I have read on this forum this is typical of Santander's underwriting process.

I think most of them do this! Same thing happening with Nationwide for us.. and each time they take a further 3-4 days to get back!

Make £2019 in 2019 Challenge - £272.48/£2019
  • Clarabel87
    Options
    Hi all

Long time lurker first time poster here.

We’re applying with Halifax and paying our valuation fee up front. Has anyone else upgraded their valuation to a valuation and home buyers report? Unsure whether to get these both together through Halifax or if better to keep them separate.

Many thanks for your advice in advance
  • _Amaryllis_
    Options
    Clarabel87 wrote: »
    Hi all

Long time lurker first time poster here.

We’re applying with Halifax and paying our valuation fee up front. Has anyone else upgraded their valuation to a valuation and home buyers report? Unsure whether to get these both together through Halifax or if better to keep them separate.

Many thanks for your advice in advance

I've done this. It's saved me about £200. It hasn't actually taken place yet though so I can't really advise you for or against.

Is there a particular reason you're thinking it would be better to keep them separate?
    No. 30 on Save 12k in 2018 £20,218.75/£20,000
    No. 90 on Save 12k in 2017 £19,650.21/£15,000
  • Clarabel87
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.

I guess it’s because I thought it would be better to have it from an impartial source rather than the lender. I was also a bit worried it might delay the valuation waiting for someone to do a homebuyer survey, but maybe I’m overthinking things :o

Starting to feel the nerves kick in about applying for the mortgage and ours only went in today :rotfl:
  • luckofthe_irish
    Options
    Joining up for support as I am a FTB petrified I won't get my mortgage!! I am applying for a 95% mortgage on a freehold property with Halifax.

Timeline so far:
    07/10 - saw house and put offer in.
    08/10 - initial offer rejected. Revised slightly and reoffered.
    09/10 - offer accepted (woop).
    10/10 - engaged my mortgage broker.
    11/10 - interview with broker and provided ID documentation.
    15/10 - decided best mortgage was with Halifax. DIP received.
    16/10 - mortgage application submitted to Halifax via broker.
    17/10 - Halifax came back asking for further proof of deposit as they weren't happy with online ISA statement and proof that I could cover mortgage fees as I hadn't calculated these in my deposit. I have been very lucky to have been gifted the fee by my parents so I needed them to sign a letter confirming it was a gift. All sent back to Halifax via broker.
    18/10 - checked bank account and survey fees have been taken by Halifax.

Is the fact the fees have been taken a good sign?! I am not sure if this is just standard practice or if it is a positive sign!

Update:
    14/11 - valuation and home buyers report done.
    15/11 - advised by mortgage broker that that valuation came back £2,500 lower than my offer. Went back to vendors and asked if they would reduce offer in line with valuation. They agreed:T!
    19/11 - MORTGAGE OFFER RECIEVED:j!

Was pretty worried when the valuation came back lower than my offer but the vendors were so helpful, and totally understood that I wouldn't pay more than the valuation. So exactly a month after submitting the application with Halifax I have my offer. It has seemed MUCH longer than that, but thankfully that part of the process is now settled. Now to deal with the home buyers report, searches and solicitors!
    Trying to make my way on my MSE adventure.. Debt free since June 2018:j

December GC £32.58/£130
    November GC £101.14/£135 :: another month under budget! :: another m
    Emergency Fund £104.77/£1000:(
  • woofdonkey
    Options
    Clarabel87 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

I guess it’s because I thought it would be better to have it from an impartial source rather than the lender.

Lenders don't do valuations, surveyors do.

Unless it's a desktop (automated) valuation in which case you would probably want to organise something a bit more in-depth anyway

We have paid for a separate one this time as our lender does not allow valuations to be upgraded. If you have the option of upgrading, you'll probably find it works out cheaper
  • chunkytfg
    Options
    Time to join the queue.

Nationwide application submitted today but quite apprehensive about the valuation report.

House is definitely a doer-upper with damp walls and a small section of floor thats rotten in the kitchen mixed with the fact the house was way overpriced and after beating the owner down to what we consider a more sensible price it is still quite high compared to houses that sell in the area in much better condition. The only saving grace for the house is it is on a much larger plot of land than the others so that should help.
    Those who risk nothing, Do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing
    MFW #63 £0/£500
  • frostynutella
    Options
    FTB with Partner

Mortgage Broker / NatWest

Timeline-

12/10/2018 DIP Agreed with NW
    15/10/2018 1st Viewing
    29/10/2018 2nd Viewing
    02/11/2018 Offer made - counter offer made which we accepted.
    10/11/2018 Full Application to NatWest with all docs provided.
    12/11/2018 Valuation Fees Taken
    14/11/2018 Valuation Carried out
    15/11/2018 Query on OH payslip
    16/11/2018 Broker says more or less all information has been accepted (including valuation) awaiting response on payslip query but should hopefully have an offer at the start to middle of next week provided the payslip issue is sorted.

So fingers and toes crossed we’ll hear something positive although having seen some of the stories on here we have been quite lucky.

Broker has contacted us to say the offer has been issued and is in the post! :j Over the moon! Now it’s over to the solicitor! Hoping to move in early-mid January. Good Luck to every one still in the process!
  • Stm1995
    Stm1995 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 21 November 2018 at 6:29PM
    Options
    FTB alert! We have applied for a mortgage through Leeds with a MA & feeling a tad worried! Got a DIP approved straight away a couple months back & no details have changed apart from credit card balances decreasing due to monthly payments & I accidentally put my wage as £73 less an annum, so I actually earn more!

We got the DIP, got the home report and house valued privately (the sellers did as a private sale), gave ID, 3 months of payslips and bank statements, gift deposit form and declarations. Now waiting on a “retype” of the valuation. Seemingly this is normal practice just to get it straight from the surveyors. They said it saves paying again.

How does everyone think this looks? Just so nervous!
  • ironmanjason
    Options
    My timeline so far.. a frustrating one but I suppose cant do anything more!

17/09 DIP from halifax
    21/09 first viewing
    01/10 second viewing
    06/10 third viewing
    12/10 - 15/10 offer placed and negotiation and offer acceptance.
    17/10 instructed solicitor and purchased home buyer protection
    19/10 mortgage dip and application submitted to nationwide
    20/10 Text received for survey to be done on 24/10
    24/10 Get a call from Estate agent in the morning to say seller is pulling out! Scramble to cancel the survey etc. and back int he market.
    27/10 More viewings (about 12 in total) and liked two
    30/10 Second viewing on the two shortlisted properties
    30/10 offer made on one property
    31/10 offer accepted
    05/11 Mortgage application submitted
    09/11 Call from estate agent to confirm Valuation has been booked for 16/11 (no text received)
    09/11 Call from MA to confirm underwriter wanted some more proof for the source of deposit. Duly submitted.
    16/11 Call from MA to confirm underwriter wanted even more proof this time surrounding bank statements from my parents as they were gifting some funds.
    17/11 Documents supplied to MA and uploaded to the case
    20/11 Called Nationwide to complain about not receiving the text/email updates. Was assured technical issue will be fixed.
    21/11 Received text and email to confirm valuation was completed and accepted (which means a pass i guess)

still waiting to hear if the underwriter is happy with the documents provided.. meanwhile the solicitors have got the draft contracts and applied and received results for the searches and all ok so far from that front..

Make £2019 in 2019 Challenge - £272.48/£2019
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure