Slimming for Santa - Slimming World support thread 2018

Options

Comments

• fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    edited 21 November 2018 at 4:13PM
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    It doesn't necessarily mean that Mrs fatrab isn't following plan I only lost 0.5lb most weeks getting to target and it's still the same now - 0.5lb off; 1lb off; 2lb on; 0.5lb off. Some of us are very slow losers! Women also don't lose weight as quickly as men.

Would it help if you made enough dinner at night for her to take a portion to work the following day for her lunch (assuming she has access to a microwave)? That's what I used to do for my DH when he was still working. Now he's retired he just eats what I do or goes hungry:rotfl:.

Denise
    We already do that. I try to make enough for at least 4-6 portions of everything I cook so we have a bit of variety.

I would agree if Mrs was consistently losing but even in the first weeks of being on plan she wasn't losing anywhere near what others at my group have. I know everyone is different but she just doesn't seem committed. She doesn't want to join group as "she's not paying a fiver for someone to tell her she's fat" - her words, not mine.

She even came to one of the induction sessions and sat through it with our consultant, who is great btw, but still dug her heels in that she didn't need to pay to be weighed.
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• gettingtheresometime
    Options
    fatrab wrote: »
    That is a very good question.

I'll put it to you this way and you can decide for yourself. Mrs fatrab has eaten the same meals that I've cooked and done most of the same exercise as me since I started the plan, except for the work in the garden over the past few weeks.

She's lost 6lbs in total over the 12 weeks that I've been on plan. I've lost 2st 4.5lbs. Past 3 weeks for her have been:
    +1, -1, +2.
    For me it was:
    -3.5, -7, +1.5

I don't want to discuss her weight but to put things in perspective her BMI is 39, mine is currently 28 (was 33 to begin with)

My suspicion is that she's eating at her desk in work, she loves crisps and savoury snacks. It's starting to cause some friction and the lack of support at home can be trying sometimes. It just takes a slight hint at eating out or going for a drink and we've got our jackets on and are heading out the door without thinking about weight loss or health (or money saving!).

I think, like all of us, I knew before I joined SW that I should lose weight but before I could, I needed to want to lose weight.....perhaps you just got to that point before Mrs Fatrab has.

I found that, in order to prevent Mr GTS suggesting we go out for a meal, I've already got stuff that ' will just need to be eaten tonight' otherwise it will go to waste or something already prepped.
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    edited 21 November 2018 at 4:46PM
    Options
    I think, like all of us, I knew before I joined SW that I should lose weight but before I could, I needed to want to lose weight.....perhaps you just got to that point before Mrs Fatrab has.

I found that, in order to prevent Mr GTS suggesting we go out for a meal, I've already got stuff that ' will just need to be eaten tonight' otherwise it will go to waste or something already prepped.
    I found we were starting to throw out a lot of food while on plan, so now I tend to shop for 3-4 days worth of food maximum. At the beginning of this year I started seriously moneysaving, and part of that was having No Spend Days and reducing waste, keeping a diary and seeing where every penny was going. So I was already in the mindset of keeping record of where things were going wrong! We don't have combined finances or joint account so this was to sort out my own finances, nothing to do with hers.

I don't think she's ever going to be in the right frame of mind, and I've tried every approach in the book to try and help her, regardless of what "diet" she's tried. I joined SW for me, and I think she can see it working but subconsciously wants to see me fail. I've been a yo-yo dieter for years so she's seen me lose it and put it back on but this time I want to do it for me. Previously it's been with her.

I think I'd reached breaking point late last year, and just decided this was going to be the year I changed a lot of things in my life.
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I think GTS is probably right fatrab that Mrs Fatrab isn't in the right frame of mind to lose weight. When she's ready it'll happen. All you can do is to carry on with SW and hope that eventually she'll stick with it like you.

I know it's difficult if you don't feel you've got the support at home. My DH didn't really support me as he didn't think I was overweight and to some extent he was probably right as I actually only wanted to lose about a stone even though my BMI was still within normal range but I wanted to be nearly to the middle of the range rather than top end.

Things are better now as he's actually been told he needs to lose some weight - not a lot but he's been doing SW by default anyway for 8 years but having stuff like crisps on top which was why he wasn't losing weight!

Just keep going and get your support from us on here.

Denise
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you gettingtheresometime & Maman for your good wishes.
    They mean a lot.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    I've took my eye off the ball food wise, my heart just isn't in it at the minute. But hopefully I can get myself motivated and start again after the new year :)

It'll be good to have you posting again chris. I hope doing the chart has helped you keep in touch with SW. It's certainly helped all of us. You're a star!:T
    Bozwood wrote: »
    Hi. I have had fruit for breakfast and later a banana and just had a mug shot and pear might have eggs bacon mushrooms and tomato with toast for tea. Very pleased I lost 2.5 pounds today. How do I highlight it in red please

Well done bozwood.:T Is that your best loss yet? Bananas are good for you for the potassium but pears are better for weightloss. Take a look at your Speed fruit list. I still think you don't eat very much though. I'd starve on what you've had today. but if it's working then go for it!:)

To highlight you need to select the text you want to use then click on bold and the red. If you want to do it after you've posted you'll need to do edit and then select advanced options.
    I think I'd reached breaking point late last year, and just decided this was going to be the year I changed a lot of things in my life.

It is tough when you don't get the support you'd like but better you persevere than neither of you does it. At least MrsFatrab is eating the SW meals you prepare at home. I really feel for people who cook separate meals for the family and themselves. My DH is like denise's. He's very happy to eat SW food when I'm cooking. he makes me a SW breakfast every day. When he's getting his own lunch he's been having cakes and biscuits and extra bread. But the past few weeks he's been trying hard to stick to plan as he needs to get into his dinner suit trousers for Christmas events!:D

Am I missing something gts. Why can't you enjoy porage now?:think:

Change of plan here. I didn't fancy chilli because I wanted pasta rather than rice so we're having Bolognese instead. It'll mean a few Parmesan syns but I can live with that.:)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Cold today:eek::eek:
    Beanie, hope you are not too sore today xx
    Off to have a catch up :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another 2lb off today. Absolutely delighted with that :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    Another 2lb off today. Absolutely delighted with that :)

Well done:j:j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    No problem kathrynha, we'll sort it out on Monday :)

I think I'm going to have to do the same soon - A few months ago I was within 5lbs of target, now it's 12lb :o

I've a bit of a crisis going on in RL, and the lead up to Christmas can only make it worse I fear.

I've took my eye off the ball food wise, my heart just isn't in it at the minute. But hopefully I can get myself motivated and start again after the new year :)
    I was only thinking about you last night and was wondering, take care and look after yourself too xx
    Bozwood wrote: »
    Hi. I have had fruit for breakfast and later a banana and just had a mug shot and pear might have eggs bacon mushrooms and tomato with toast for tea. Very pleased I lost 2.5 pounds today. How do I highlight it in red please
    I would starve eating that:rotfl::rotfl:
    We already do that. I try to make enough for at least 4-6 portions of everything I cook so we have a bit of variety.

I would agree if Mrs was consistently losing but even in the first weeks of being on plan she wasn't losing anywhere near what others at my group have. I know everyone is different but she just doesn't seem committed. She doesn't want to join group as "she's not paying a fiver for someone to tell her she's fat" - her words, not mine.

She even came to one of the induction sessions and sat through it with our consultant, who is great btw, but still dug her heels in that she didn't need to pay to be weighed.
    I never missed a class getting to target but that is what spurred me on,i didn't want to keep paying:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    She will do it when she is ready
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure