PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    take care &
    Fantastic news re mortgage kk
    the sunrises are indeed glorious mhags and at a sociable time!

1) mrpiano went to London to visit Queen. lucky him! he says he might get me a t-shirt :-)
    2) left over pizza for lunch
    3) mince pie from phd student - i saved it for later as was working late
    4) dd1 cooked scrummy vegan thing for supper.
    5) i then cooked up lovely cajun couscous. enough for lunch and supper due to mrpiano's absence
    goodness, definitely a food theme going on here!
    23rd dec looming bop[ clash of the titans
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    1 2 days to go, we went out for lunch it was nice to be out but we ended up having to complain about the food. The cakes I took in were demolished.
    2 Cards posted off and a bit of a quandary, I keep in touch only by card with my mums friend, mum passed on and her friend has long since moved away. I forgot to tell her that DH and I got married, that’s now 11 years ago! So, she sends through cards in my maiden name and I’ve just clicked on as too why. So my quandary of er really do I say we’ve been married for the past 11 years! Yikes Hmmm not sure how to handle that one..I think I am going to send a notlet over as we had wedding cards made I still have some and apologise….
    3 Lots of problems in the kitchen today being dealt with and so
    4 Forcing myself to make curry from scratch for something decent to eat and I’m glad I did I packed it full of various veg, turmeric, garlic it’s simmering while the rice cooks through and I type this.
    5 Animals deeming to wake up and come out for cuddle.
  • I seem to have a Final Warning now! Oh dear. Perhaps I was too frank on a post! To protect you gals from having hot flushes and other things, I shall not repeat my offensive words on here! But they were in response to paying off a girlfriends credit card. OP enquired as to whether giving her some money, he should notify HMRC.

My response was a negative, and get some scissor or the like to cut said card up. I also remarked that if GF used it again, there is a relationship bored here as well!

So be warned. BoP has retired. I shall return soon!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Wednesday).

1) A bit of a thaw!

2) Still awful on the lane to the hens - no one has managed to drive up it yet. Hens actually venturing out a bit, though there was still about 20cm of snow there.

3) Managed to get smaller son to finish one piece of homework. He had various spellings to learn then had to put them into sentences. For "conscience" he wrote, "Oh, my conscience!" which made me laugh and then also amused bigger son.

4) Went to KFC for lunch because smaller son likes it. I don't, particularly.

5) Went to the leaving do for smaller son's boss autism teacher. :-(

6) Fish cakes for tea with roast vegetables prepared yesterday followed by raspberry Eton mess. I am getting through all the bags of raspberries slowly - there is the base of a trifle in the fridge with another bag in!

7) Watched a bit of TV with bigger son.
  • bagpuss38
    Options
    Weds pleasures

1. Another day closer to payday.
    2. Work was well work, retail is the fun place to be this time of year don'tcha know!
    3. Getting soaked to the skin on school run ( not a pleasure) nice warm clothes and a cuppa ( big pleasure)
    4. Good chats with my boy, such a pleasure to have a charming young man as my son.
    5. Loads of goodies from the cubs Xmas party, ("I saved you some mum") my own little goody bag of treats, including chocolate doughnut.

Night all xx
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh dear bop
    1) cold walk into work. Didn’t fall over, and met friend who normally drives but had been dropped off at roundabout.
    2) Last meeting of the day on city campus telling 2 international officers about our masters. I always like talking about our courses :-)
    3) then magic lantern show. Was great, and reminded me of my dad’s one (sadly long gone to the auction house). Dad had the same last slide - the snoring man eating rats http://collection.sciencemuseum.org.uk/objects/co8228718/man-eating-rat-lantern-slide
    4) then a bus up to invergowrie for the church quiz which was great fun. We won on the tiebreak
    5) then carols and home to ds. Sadly he’s home for his gf’s dad’s funeral. Lovely to see him though. Off tomorrow yay for xmas lunch with friends
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning . I don't have much voice which might be nice for some !

Not much happened yesterday.

Drove to pharmacy for some cough medicine which tastes exactly like you would expect cough medicine to taste like!

Call to hmrc to update we are all back.

Tea was a steak pie taken from freezer with mash & veg .

Walked round to friends house ( in the new snow) and she signed forms for my lost drivers licence & kids provisionals. Quick chat but she had lurgy too so wasn't there for too long and a nice walk back in the snow. Delivered a couple of cards enroute .
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Morning!

Dear Bop Have you decided on a new name yet? Just in case?
    DD Magic lantern show sound lovely. I love all the different things you get to do.
    MhagsWe are up early.......I was woken up by raised voices on the phone in my DD room. BF trouble. :(

Yesterday

1. Mini bus refresher course cancelled because of weather. (It was the theory!). Got to school, and class had not come down to DT as there were only 6 students, so they stayed in class. Bonus morning catching up on urgent admin.

2. Leaving assembly for lovely TA. We will miss him desperately, but he needs to train as a teacher.

3. Afternoon class was lovely........ They have sold all the things they have been making. Very proud of them. One of the students was messing with my ID badge. Noticed later, she had stuck a sticky label with a lovely message on the back. :A

4. Left work early and met colleague for cup of tea in Costco. DH joined us and had Chilli Baked Potato and a cup of tea. He knows how to treat a girl! :rotfl:

5. Watched Another Kirsties Handmade Xmas and Peaky Blinders. (Bit of a contrast!). HM mince pie and HM Baileys and fire.

Very dark outside now the snow has melted. :( Have a lovely day.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1. Yesterday's performance review went wonderfully. Boss was singing my praises and recommendending me for a healthy bonus and....I got up the guts to ask for a 24% raise (this is not unfounded). She is taking the request to Head of HR and will let me know the outcome. Even if I don't manage to secure it, I'm pretty proud of myself for not wimping out on asking, especially as I had to drive out to her house for the review (which is a big old pile on 12 acres, so pretty intimidating by itself...)
    2. Xmas do tonight!! I love my colleagues and my company, and I'm really looking forward to it. I have a lovely French Connection (eBay) find to wear, and put on some tanning lotion last night. Looking forward to glamming up as well as a lovely three course meal and free drinks at a glam venue. I've been told the MD and one of the all male departments has a tradition of coming in drag, so I hope I'm not outshined ;) Company is also paying for taxis back and forth...yay! Tomorrow we're not expected in until 11am and they will be buying us all lunch. It's going to be grim...
    3. Treating myself to a cooked brekkie this morning. Linda macs, roasted tomatoes and mushrooms and a handful of pea shoots.
    4. Last night: cheap fizz and Die Hard to celebrate successful performance review, scrummy.
    5. Today I'm working from home which will give me time to get house sorted in between working 'sprints', glam up and also I'll be having Nest installed. Can't wait as DH keeps leaving heating on!!!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 December 2017 at 3:51PM
    Options
    That's a nice company you work for MandM!
    Steady now BOP.

Wednesday pleasures,

Over to the yard, saw my girlie so cuddles and pleasure of the new shavings smell of he bed. Had a message later to say that hare coursers had been on the farm and broken the gate etc. Luckily none of the horses were hurt or upset in anyway but I often see a hare crossing the lane in front of my car and hurts my heart to think they might have killed that beautiful creature :(

Spending time with my DN as she gave me a facial, so so relaxing and came out feeling marvellous.

Driving home, out of the black rain clouds and into the pale apricot of a winter sunset.

Celebratory meal for youngest DSS's 21st, lovely food, lovely company, great evening.

Best news of all the lads are spending Christmas Day with us :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure