Poll : What do you think of the NEW LOOK MSE

Options

Comments

• quidsy
    quidsy Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    Options
    Kimberley wrote: »
    For goodness sake give Martin and the team a break. No one likes change but it's happening and like Martin said you can still use the current site for as long as you want so what is your problem?

Stay on the current site that you like for as long as you like

Or

Go to the new site

It is your choice so stop having a go at those who need to improve it.

Those 400+ who hate it can stay on the old site can't they :doh:

People are complaining about the lay out, user friendliness & colours. Change, if done properly & with the concerns of the users taken into account, can be effective, this is just a hash.
    I don't respond to stupid so that's why I am ignoring you.

2015 £2 saver #188 = £45
  • elektra
    elektra Posts: 1,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    edited 25 March 2015 at 12:51PM
    Options
    Fine, the old users and their opinions don't really count for anything, it's Google and new users that are the Gods. Fair enough, any business is entitled to adjust its priorities, Martin Lewis decided to sell this site for millions, so the new owners rule. But in the interest of real consumer power ( which Martin constantly shouts) allow those who leave the site to remove their details and posts at a single stroke. And the old argument of how it would disrupt threads is exposed as pure crap by the fact that anyone can painstakingly delete every post they have ever made if they have the time. This site might have many members but lots registered, got fed up, left, and have never returned, but are still listed. Artificial numbers, not half :)

I recently discovered you can't delete closed threads/posts.

This feels like deja vu. I didn't stay on the changed forum yesterday so have no idea if the *bugs/feedback I reported last year were acted upon. I doubt it was though ( reading from espresso's post and others) and as it was never acknowledged.

I see the original poll from this thread has been replaced.

* just tried searching for those posts so I could re-test on new version but can't find the posts.
  • vintagebrighton
    Options
    lovinituk wrote: »
    I voted love it! I genuinely like it!

Everyone is taking it all far too seriously! Its just like the complaining on Facebook every time they make a change! Then all those complainers get used to it and then complain again about the next change! Change happens peeps - get used to it! There are other forums you can go and use if you don't like it ;)

It's rubbish on a laptop and not all of us have perfect eyesight. I'm not resistant to change, dang, I even got mesself an iphone last year but change for change's sake isn't a good enough reason for this mess!

It's hard to navigate, the colours are garish and parts of it are just plain difficult to read.

VB x
  • vintagebrighton
    Options
    Ok, I've just read more of the comments (sorry to single yours out lovinituk) Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you get sites that automatically change their format depending on which device it's being viewed on? I'm not very techy but maybe that could've been an option here? Of course, if we really can keep the old format forever it's all academic isn't it?

VB x
  • Mandelbrot
    Mandelbrot Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    edited 25 March 2015 at 3:18PM
    Options
    elektra wrote: »
    This feels like deja vu. I didn't stay on the changed forum yesterday so have no idea if the *bugs/feedback I reported last year were acted upon. I doubt it was though ( reading from espresso's post and others) and as it was never acknowledged.

* just tried searching for those posts so I could re-test on new version but can't find the posts.

That thread (in fact the whole sub-board it was on) seems to have been pulled by MSE - or maybe they have just restricted it further?
    So instead of just quoting/linking to the old posts in the new 'Bugs Bugs Bugs' thread, they expect us to input things that still need fixing from scratch.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    I get a no permissions to access this message on the old Alpha board now.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Mandelbrot
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    I get a no permissions to access this message on the old Alpha board now.

Yep. Me too (trying f=268).
    Maybe they renumbered it ... ;)
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 March 2015 at 8:45PM
    Options
    Ok, I've just read more of the comments (sorry to single yours out lovinituk) Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you get sites that automatically change their format depending on which device it's being viewed on? I'm not very techy but maybe that could've been an option here? Of course, if we really can keep the old format forever it's all academic isn't it?

VB x
    Yes you can - its called a responsive website that produces a different style depending on what device it detects it is being viewed on - I would imagine that is exactly what they have done with the new design. Although I only saw the desktop version yesterday and it looked very good to me. To be fair though I do manage my own ecommerce websites so fully understand the requirements Google are imposing on webmasters (if they don't want to disappear in to the Google ether). I'm also very much for the modern look and feel of the clean/plain/white websites which is why I really like th new version.

This green version is ageing fast and is already out of date in my opinion. That might not matter to many of the older (edit to clarify - older as in long term users, not as in age) users but for the future of the business, they need to keep up with change or be left behind.

I guess for them its a risk between losing long standing regular members or losing many thousands of potentially new members because the site looks like it was made in the 90's.

I understand its a tough call, but as a business owner myself I know what I would choose.

No problem singling me out - I'm very thick skinned ;)
  • Mandelbrot
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Clearly you can ignore the question if you wish, but I am intrigued ... :think:
    How old (roughly) are you, lovinituk?
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mandelbrot wrote: »
    Clearly you can ignore the question if you wish, but I am intrigued ... :think:
    How old (roughly) are you, lovinituk?
    Early 40's, married, 2 school aged children.

Why, may I ask?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport