PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,626 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

B: berries, lo carb granola, skim
    L: I need to shop for more berries at lunchtime so will have to buy something
    D: curry, but DD wants to stay in and have a takeaway which is better as I eat less and drink far less lager

50 min dog walk.

This has been a good week for me - I think it is having the heating on in my office which is making me thirsty. Drinking lots of water has always been helpful to weightloss in the past so here's hoping I don't undo it all at the weekend.
    An old school friend has invited me and DD to go and ride her horse tomorrow, and also maybe gets some hands on with the heavy horses at the nearby farm, so that will be a great day out but it does start with meeting her for brunch. Hmmm!
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Options
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    An old school friend has invited me and DD to go and ride her horse tomorrow, and also maybe gets some hands on with the heavy horses at the nearby farm, so that will be a great day out but it does start with meeting her for brunch. Hmmm!

Enjoy yourself think of all the calories you'll use with the exercise so brunch should be no problem - well that's my way of viewing it :D

Felt quite dizzy yesterday morning, BP very low so I had a normal eating day.

Breakfast: bag of crisps (ok I know crisps are not usually eaten for breakfast but it got my BP up a bit)
    Lunch: cheese on toast
    Dinner: roast turkey dinner minus the potatoes and stuffing but with loads of veg, 1 square of dark chocolate.

I'm back to normal today so I think I'll stick with vegetables/pulses today.
  • debbiedodge1737
    Options
    Hey all ,

Yesterday I have an ok day :)
    x2 Medium Boiled eggs and two slices of low cal danish bread
    Smoothie , Low cals Egg mayo Sanny and a pk of those tasty little chicken bites.
    Stirfried veg , chicken and noodles in fry light with soy sauce
    and a large gin and slice of buttered toast for dinner

I went to Battle Abbey for the day and did lots of walking ... went on a ghost tour and did crafts with my youngest son, so I got in the exercise.

I worked it out to be about 1700cal day and done more than my 10,000 steps (lots of stairs too)

Today :
    Wholemeal roll with one med egg , one cheese slice and 2 bacon medallions (no butter) and a pear for breakfast.

Lunch was a homemade tomato soup only worked out 107 cals a bowl with a slice of danish bread.

Dinner will be another bowl of tom soup and maybe a ham and cheese salad wrap with chilli sauce on the side.

That will take me to 1013 cals ... so I will have a snack and maybe a night cap too. Not much exercise today .... at home with the kids, lots of cleaning , made our Christmas cake (that took some mixing lol) and done loads of washing , not wore my watch though as not out and about so don't know the steps.... I'll weigh in Thursday's and hoping for 2lbs down this week :D if I stay focused
  • CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Booking my weigh in quickly- another .4lb off!! In total .8lb off altogether, all fruit Thursday went a bit better although I accidentally ate a cheese and ham toastie on the way home. (T'was lovely tho!)

Must stop the snacking, that's what my issue is.

Happy Friday everyone x
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    STS...on my hosts scales.

DD is out to kill me with bread, wine and 70km against a 35km/h wind.

Current healthy eating plan is eat what I'm given and be grateful I'm off the bike to eat it.
    Tomorrow we cycle to Carcassonne.
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all

Knitwitch can you put me down for 1lb loss this week please. Happy with that as weigh n was Monday but now changed it to Friday morning so only 4 days in between.

Not a good day for me yesterday. My son got beat up when he got of the school bus on Thursday and I had to get that all sorted so last night it was kind of like an unwind from the stress of it all. He is okay but we still have to do police statements etc on Monday. I ended up having a crunchie ice cream, wine and pringles so hate to think how many calories that lot was :D

Tonight I am out for dinner but I have pre-ordered and I am not drinking as I am driving so that will save some cals.
    Breakfast: toast and butter
    lunch: homemade soup
    dinner: breaded mushrooms followed by chicken balmoral with chips.

On Sunday I am going xmas shopping with my mum and she is treating me to a buffet lunch so hopefully I will be able to make good choices there. I also hope to get a good number of steps in shopping as well.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    edited 28 October 2017 at 3:10PM
    Options
    Maisie - So sorry to hear about your son, what a devastating thing to happen.

Still struggling with self control so I've made myself a menu plan for the week day one today:

Lunch:- hm green pea soup (no cream) apple and/or pear.
    Dinner:- breaded fish, veg, jelly/berries. 1 square dark chocolate.

I'm just going to work out the calories and then go food shopping for the bits I don't have.

3pm Lunch eaten ok so far, 1 supermarket done, another this afternoon (in the other direction)
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Maise....what a horrible thing.....hope it gets stopped.

Off to find diinner....cheap will be good.
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    maisie sorry to read that hope you get everything in place to sort it out xx
    onwards and upwards
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Maisie, what a horrible thing to happen. We go through so much ourselves, but it hurts much, much more when our children are suffering, doesn't it?

I've had one of those days when I simply couldn't stop eating. Why does this happen?

Oh well, its a new day and a new start tomorrow.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills