IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals successes and failures

Options

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Does the EV company have a Facebook or Trust Pilot page? If so write bad stuff on it. Do the same with the hotel, but add TripAdvisor.

Your might also like to write to some motoring magazines, this is the second post this week about PCN in charging bays.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Fairly_Fierce
    Options
    Hi there
    I have recently had to send my defence against a PCN on private land to C.C.B.VC again, since they lost the first one! They alerted me to the fact by letter
    The next time I sent it by Royal mail, special next day delivery. I have the proof, the signature. It arrived on time. I also alerted them by email to express that i was in fact sending it by special next day delivery
    After calling them, this morning the route i'm advised to take is via Form N244. Costing £255!!
    The judgement arrived 0n 26th September. It states that i did not reply to the claim form and they request £263 forthwith

Thanks in adavnce and many blessings
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You need to start your own new thread please, not post here on this old thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Double010
    Options
    Hi everyone . I recently received a charge from Highview Parking in Norwich . I appealed the ticket which unsurprisingly was denied ,in my mind wrongly .Due to the fact that Highview Parking have unsettled CCJs against themselves I have completely legally traced the Finance Director of this company , and her address , and issued a small claim against her asking that the independent court judge review my appeal and decide if it was fair . I am awaiting a decision . If anyone else wants to go down this route I am more than happy to share my methods . Perhaps someone from the MSE team could contact me . If I win I think it is a major consumer win against these Parking Companies
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hi, and welcome to the forum ........

there will be plenty for you to read up on ...

but first you need to start your own thread / discussion

visit the start page

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163&order=desc

where you will find the 'new discussion button  ' 

this is an old out of date thread and you would be better served on a new thread .....
    other info ......
     the newbies thread / discussion

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/4816822/newbies-private-parking-ticket-old-or-new-read-these-faqs-first-thankyou/p1
    make sure you start at the first page not last

Oh ... and using a phone to browse the site can cause problems.. so please try a laptop/PC

All all initialisms, and acronyms that the forum uses can be found in the newbies thread linked above

HOW TO USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION:

Use the 'red' search button at the top of this page (and most other pages)   Put your key word(s) in.
    Using advanced will give more options. Do not  read any threads more than a year or so old as they may well have outdated info.

NEWBIES - HOW TO UPLOAD LINKS TO PHOTOS/SCANS TO MSE

To upload a photo/scan link, you first need to host it on a free photo hosting site (like Dropbox, Imurg or Tinypic), copy the URL, paste it here, but change the http to hxxp and we'll do the conversion. Newbies can't directly upload links to photos/scans until they've a few posts under their belt.

Ralph B)

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 October 2022 at 12:13PM
    Options
    Double010 said:
    Hi everyone . I recently received a charge from Highview Parking in Norwich . I appealed the ticket which unsurprisingly was denied ,in my mind wrongly .Due to the fact that Highview Parking have unsettled CCJs against themselves I have completely legally traced the Finance Director of this company , and her address , and issued a small claim against her asking that the independent court judge review my appeal and decide if it was fair . I am awaiting a decision . If anyone else wants to go down this route I am more than happy to share my methods . Perhaps someone from the MSE team could contact me . If I win I think it is a major consumer win against these Parking Companies
    There is no MSE Team here, just a group of like minded individuals who give up their time and knowledge for free to help victims of this unregulated scam.
    We have yet to see anything from the MSE Towers that shows anyone they actually understand this scam.

As advised above, you would be better off starting your own thread by clicking on the Create Post button on the main forum page.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Inma21
    Options
    Well, Capita car Park Ltd is taking is to court. I was away on holidays and I didn't replace my resident permit. I leave in a block of flats and this company manage the parking. State Agent and Landlord don't want to know or help. There is no mention on the contract of the parking, only letters from the estate Agent informing us which is our allocated parking space. We followed the process, speak to them, to POPLA and to Citizens Advise Buroue. All of them agree that is a breach of contract and all the debt collectors fees are legitimed and unless I pay £327.00 now they will take me to court and I might pay even more fees. Also to mention that DBC Legal are owned by the same person Terry Smitzd. 

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 10 October 2022 at 10:43AM
    Options
    @Inma21 - please start a thread of your own, this one is a general information thread.  EDIT - I see that MSE Admin have moved another thread of yours to the forum, you should keep your case on that now and where you will receive ongoing advice. 
    Also to mention that DBC Legal are owned by the same person Terry Smitzd. 
    I don't think so!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    @Inma21 - please start a thread of your own, this one is a general information thread.  EDIT - I see that MSE Admin have moved another thread of yours to the forum, you should keep your case on that now and where you will receive ongoing advice. 
    Also to mention that DBC Legal are owned by the same person Terry Smitzd. 
    I don't think so!
    This one, just in case you cannot find it: -
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6393140/residential-parking-space-ticket-going-to-court#latest
  • KayTB
    Options
    Hi all, thanks for all the advice on here, I wanted to report a success.  I was astonished to get a £60 fine from UKPC yesterday for 3 hours 28 minutes in Leeds Crown Retail Park. Apparently we're only allowed 3 hours to shop - I didn't see a single sign saying this I must add - and this is on a big retail park where you could visit multiple retailers spending ages browsing. Do the landlords of these places want people to shop in real shops any more?!

Anyhow, I'd spent all this time in Wren choosing a kitchen so was raging at getting a fine whilst spending thousands on a kitchen....  contacted Wren who promptly cancelled the ticket with no bother at all and apologised for the inconvenience.

Thanks again - without this thread and ongoing house stress I think I'd have just paid it. Absolute scandal!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback