IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals successes and failures

Options

Comments

• mini03dg
    Options
    I just wanted to say thank you to this website & the associated forums posts - I compiled a complaint letter about an unfair parking ticket from Civil Enforcement Ltd from the information on these threads (in particular the Edna Basher letter template) & had my parking ticket cancelled. It was so worth taking an hour or so to read all the information & compile the reply.
    THANK YOU
  • Lmbb
    Lmbb Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    PCN from Euro Car Parks. Followed the template letter provided. Kept receiving the same nonsense quoted at me from them about their rights under section boards blah with no actual acknowledgement of the appeal and no accept/reject decision. I quoted their own code of conduct at them which theyd not worked by and miraculously the case was closed.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    mini03dg wrote: »
    I just wanted to say thank you to this website & the associated forums posts - I compiled a complaint letter about an unfair parking ticket from Civil Enforcement Ltd from the information on these threads (in particular the Edna Basher letter template) & had my parking ticket cancelled. It was so worth taking an hour or so to read all the information & compile the reply.
    THANK YOU
    Lmbb wrote: »
    PCN from Euro Car Parks. Followed the template letter provided. Kept receiving the same nonsense quoted at me from them about their rights under section boards blah with no actual acknowledgement of the appeal and no accept/reject decision. I quoted their own code of conduct at them which theyd not worked by and miraculously the case was closed.

Two one-post posters who show how potent the information is in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky in getting their charges overturned quietly and quickly. In somewhat stark contrast to the cases we get running into 100+ posts yet still in a state inertia wanting constant handholding and spoon feeding.

Well done both, glowing examples of what can be done, neither of the PPCs involved are easily shaken off.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Two one-post posters who show how potent the information is in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky in getting their charges overturned quietly and quickly. In somewhat stark contrast to the cases we get running into 100+ posts yet still in a state inertia wanting constant handholding and spoon feeding.

Well done both, glowing examples of what can be done, neither of the PPCs involved are easily shaken off.

I think it demonstrates the power of reading and understanding rather than glancing and making up stuff. Well done to those posters.
  • bulltraderpt
    Options
    Apologies if this is the incorrect board, but there seems to be two running concurrently. Any help with this situation very welcome. Please see our situation below, thank you:

Met Parking 'Fine'.

Afternoon all,

Looking for some help as there is just so much to read..

Anyway got home last sat to find a 'parking ticket' issued by MET Parking.

It has our car entering a car park @ 14:19 hours and leaving @ 20:19 hrs. The notice states you are only allowed 90 minutes.

What the camera conveniently doesn't capture, is my wife leaving no more than 30 minutes later @ 14:49 hours and then me reentering some time @ 19:30 hours.

The company which has issued this is MET Parking and the retailer is Mcdonalds. Having spoken to the manager there they state I should contact the company first, but given the disingenuous nature of their parking invoice, what do others think please?

All helpful replies gratefully received. Thank you.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Apologies if this is the incorrect board
    It certainly is.

You've posted on 3 separate existing threads (belonging to others) when you need to be doing so on your own exclusive thread.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Feardore
    Options
    I received a £60 (up to £100) parking charge from Civil Enforcement Ltd for parking in a Pizza Hut car park and not entering my details inside.

I wrote the following email to the General Manager of Pizza Hut and received a reply within 7 minutes stating he had cancelled the charge!

Dear (General Manager)

I am absolutely appalled to have recently received a £60 parking charge for visiting and dining at one of your establishments.
    The incident took place at (Pizza Hut address).
    I think it is despicable for a paying customer to be bullied and harassed by a company not related to Pizza Hut for parking in a Pizza Hut car park and spending money in a Pizza Hut facility.
    I understand that many retailers are just as frustrated with these enforcement companies as I am, and I sincerely hope you feel that way yourself. The manager at (Pizza Hut) confirmed that they have had lots of complaints there.
    I therefore ask that you kindly get this ridiculous charge cancelled.
    Obviously the owners of Pizza Hut wish for their car parks to be used only by Pizza Hut customers, so surely it is in the direct interests of Pizza Hut when attracting customers to make it absolutely clear what actions are necessary to avoid such outrageous parking charges. Otherwise it will have exactly the opposite effect and put them off ever returning.
    Upon entering the site customers should be told verbally exactly what actions are required to avoid a parking charge. A sign which can easily be missed while chatting to friends on arrival is not sufficient. If I had not returned today to inquire about this fiasco I would never even known it existed.
    I really hope you have some idea of how much stress and anxiety this situation has caused.
    If this charge is not cancelled, it stands to reason that I will be hesitant about visiting any Pizza Hut in the future.

The details of the parking charge are as follows:
    PCN Number:
    PCN Issue Date:
    Incident Date:

This means I have only 7 days before the reduced payment limit runs out, so I would very much appreciate a reply as soon as possible.
    I sincerely thank you for any help you can provide at this time.

Kind regards,
    (My name)
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,333 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Wow, that's what I call a success.
  • Doffin_Codger
    Doffin_Codger Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 20 September 2019 at 11:33PM
    Options
    Just wanted to say a big "Thanks " to everyone who posts helpful comments on this forum, Late last October I entered a Hotel car park after dark with the sole intention of Charging my EV (electric vehicle) at the Polar Plus Ultracharger sited within the car park, I stayed with the vehicle for a little over an hour monitoring the charge until I had enough to continue on my journey & then left, 2 weeks later (you guessed it) A Parking Eye PCN dropped through my door demanding £100 reduced to £60 if I bent over in 14 days.
    I immediately contacted Polar who weren't interested at all & The Holiday Inn (same response) then emailed a complaint to Parking Eye via Resolva, P.E. emailed back that complaints need to be sent via snail mail with pictures (which I duly did) then 2 weeks later rejected my "appeal" which I hadn't made with a POPLA code which I ignored because I was waiting for a reply to a "complaint".
    As expected, the small claims letter arrived from the CCBC & the claim had now reached £175, after spending many hours pouring over the Newbie posts I prepared a basic defence & posted that off,
    Its been several months now & literally a few days ago I was given 3 days to submit my defence to the Court & P.E., nothing came back from P.E. until today (4 days too late) A notice of discontinuance- Result.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Its been several months now & literally a few days ago I was given 3 days to submit my defence to the Court & P.E., nothing came back from P.E. until today (4 days too late) A notice of discontinuance- Result.
    Yay! Well done, but what an unfair PCN, for using a charging bay.

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST! :T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback