The Perfume Emporium have stolen my money

Options

Comments

• Joelleski
    Joelleski Posts: 109 Forumite
    edited 1 July 2009 at 2:47PM
    Options
    The order was placed on the 4th, apparently dispatched on the 8th, so now the 15 days are up. I asked Chris for a refund on the 23rd, as it was apparent there was going to be no delivery of perfume as Royal Mail had lost the item. I was provided with a tracking number, but that has been of no use. Chris did agree to the refund and to date no money has been refunded - I checked with my bank a few minutes ago, and I'll take their word over Chris's, there has been no refund. I have heard nothing since then. I did also place a complaint via your abuse address back on the 23rd, ticket no
    ZJO-982863.

Royal Mail do seem to be "losing" an awful lot of theperfumeemporium's parcels, more than I would say is normal. It's not right.
  • Joelleski
    Options
    Dylan, I hope you manage to get everything sorted, but it's not looking promising ... keep me posted of any news you get, I'll be interested to hear about it ...
  • kuffdam73
    kuffdam73 Posts: 38 Forumite
    edited 1 July 2009 at 2:45PM
    Options
    To Matt Wallis from United Hosting, I really appreciate you taking the time to post on this forum and I take your point regarding your position on this issue. I have emailed your company via the abuse address this morning and have received feedback from Simon (Ticket ANZ-466164). I am about to post a full account of my experience with Perfume Emporium in this forum. Thanks again for getting involved. :T
  • kuffdam73
    edited 1 July 2009 at 3:51PM
    Options
    Please see my account of my experience with 'The Perfume Emporium' :

Sorry if it goes on a bit....:rolleyes:

1. 1st June 2009 - Order 'processed'. I even got a voucher code discount from a voucher code site. Total charge £29.37, paid using Visa Debit card.

2. 3rd June 2009 - Email received stating order dispatched by Royal Mail recorded delivery (no tracking number provided).

3. 11th June 2009 I email Chris using the address on the contact page (support@theperfumeemporium.co.uk) asking 'Chris' how long he expected deliveries to take.

4. 15th June 2009 I received no response to my email so I logged into the 'Support Desk' on the contact page and raised a 'support ticket' asking the same question about expected delivery times.

5. 16th June 2009 I received a reply to my support ticket :

Hello,

I am very sorry that you are still awaiting your order. I am upset that Royal Mail still have not delivered. I can confirm to you that your order did leave us on the 3rd June.

I have called Royal Mail to see if they have an update and unfortunately they have asked that we wait up to 15 working days after it was dipatched until we can ask them to investigate this further.

Hopefully, you will receive it much sooner than this and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

This is also the 1st email we have had from you.

Regards
    Chris

Ticket Details
    ===================
    Ticket ID: DKQ-493514
    Department: Support
    Priority: Normal

6. 17th June 2009 replied to the above email using the 'reply' button' on outlook. I then clicked that I needed to register within the support desk in order to raise tickets and track any open tickets, so I raised another new ticket quoting my order number asking what the tracking number was. I received a reply quoting Royal Mail tracking number BR319231415GB this is of course is useless as the Royal Mail website can only track it once it's been signed for:rolleyes:

7. 23rd June 2009 After checking out a few review sites (inc this one) I now gather that I am not the first person to encounter this problem. I raise another new ticket asking for a full refund based on non-delivery of goods. I posted a reply on the Ciao web forum about this potential 'scam'.

8. 23rd June 2009 A reply to my request for a refund :

Hello,

Unfortunately Royal Mail have asked that we process a claim for the loss of this order.

As requested, we will now issue a refund in accordance with our terms.

Regards
    Chris

9. 24th June 2009 I raised another new ticket asking when the refund will be made. I received a reply the same day :

Hello,

We aim to process refunds within 48 hours, however, this can take up to 30 days in line with the Distance Selling Regulations.

Regards
    Chris

10. 29th June 2009 I raise a new ticket asking to clarify the 30 day period.
    Also contacted Consumer Direct and explained the case, they suggested that I contact my bank and request a 'chargeback'. The chap I spoke to at consumer direct was pretty helpful and explained the Distance Selling Regs etc and couldn't tell me if they'd received any other calls about this website. My bank (Alliance & Leicester) were pretty cool about it and said that once the 30 day period has elapsed I can send them (my bank) copies of all the email correspondance they can pursue a chargeback for the full amount through their disputed payments dept. :beer:

11. 30th June 2009 A reply to my question clarifying the 30 period :

Hello,

The 30 days is from the date you reqeusted the refund. This should be with you by the 23rd July.

Chris

12. 1st July 2009 contacted United Webhosting raising this website and it's dissatisfied customers.

So here we are today...

Having read the other forum members stories it seems that mine is not an isolated incident and the commonalities seem very apparent. I take Matt Willis' point that we all need to let the 30 day period elapse before we can accuse anyone of breaking the rules/laws (?).

I am so annoyed :mad:that I have fallen for this scam, I should have realised that the fact that there's no contact telephone number was not a good sign. I should have also checked out some of the many review on sites such as Ciao, canyoutrustthem and this one before making a purchase.

I feel for all the other people who have been stung by this site and hope that something can be done. I will feedback on here once we reach the 23rd July 2009 and my refund either does or doesn't turn up (my guess is it won't).

The fact that Matt Willis from United Webhosting is on board is a real bonus and I applaud you again :T

Cheers to everyone ;)
  • Joelleski
    Options
    Kuffdam, your story is identical to mine, even the emails sent to me are the same .. I'm guessing I too will be waiting until the 23rd July, although if this Chris states that the process for refunding wont take more than 48 hours, we've alfready passed my deadline >.<
  • kuffdam73
    Options
    Hi Joelleski, have you contacted your bank? We can't let this go, stick with it;)
  • dylan1273
    dylan1273 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    ive just emiled bbc watchdog i suggest the more people do this the better, i will also be contacting trading standards
  • medical
    medical Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i was promised that i will get a full refund by latest yesterday. however checked account 3 times today nothing
    pls help
    medical
  • kuffdam73
    Options
    medical wrote: »
    i was promised that i will get a full refund by latest yesterday. however checked account 3 times today nothing
    pls help
    medical

Hi Medical,

Can you post up your account of what happened with The Perfume Emporium?

The more details we can get the better (inc dates etc).

Make a complaint to United Hosting who are hosting the company website abuse@unitedhosting.co.uk

Cheers :T
  • kuffdam73
    Options
    dylan1273 wrote: »
    ive just emiled bbc watchdog i suggest the more people do this the better, i will also be contacting trading standards

Dylan, I've just sent my story to Watchdog as well.

Can all other members who've had problems with this company please send your details to Watchdog as well?

I'm on a mission now :mad: but will stay cool :cool:

Trading standards next :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family